The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on May 27, 2004, 12:48:47 am

Title: Atlanta
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 27, 2004, 12:48:47 am
OK, so I know some of you live down there. I'll be in EtLanna a few days June 7-11. Anyone wanting to take advantage of my Federal Per diem by sucking down at least one free beer feel free to IM me. Government gives me no car. This is a national meeting so many alcoholic public health professionals will be sharing the largesse of Federal Emplyment with me.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: wombat on May 27, 2004, 01:17:14 am
I am not there, but I am interviewing (by phone) for a job there tomorrow.  If by some miracle I am offered the job, I will need to go down and check it out and figure out if I can live there.  I am crossing my fingers that this is a cosmic omen:  I have to get offered this job because surely I must go visit Atlanta when AlohaDawg is there.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 27, 2004, 02:06:00 am
I'm overpowered by the possible synchronicity of it all.

Also, I'm dying for good Indian food that is not Fijian Indian food.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Choop on May 27, 2004, 02:08:36 am
YO - Atlanta representing.

Free beer? I'm totally in. Meet me at the EAYC on Wednesday (the 9th) at 7:30. I'll be wearing orange. You play darts?

Wombat, are you interviewing at Zoo Atlanta? I know a diet. tech. there. IM me to get a good word in.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Limmo on May 27, 2004, 04:33:06 am
What is Fijian Indian food?
Title: Atlanta
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 27, 2004, 05:05:46 am
Indian food is not always Indian food, I have learned since moving to Hawaii.

You see, the island of Fiji was heavily settled by people from India. The ingredients for cooking, though, are somewhat different and there isolation from the Indian subcontinent caused something of a culinary evolution.

The Indian people in Hawaii often arrived here by way of generations on Fiji and brought this changed cuisine with them. It is different from what I'm used to.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: jay-ell on May 27, 2004, 12:32:50 pm
If only, if only, if only we weren't having out-of-town guests that week, I'd be thrilled to drive six hours to Atlanta and back in order to have a beer with you guys.  Alas, it is not to be.  

Post photos!
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Mite on May 27, 2004, 12:33:37 pm
Well dagnab it - I'll be out of town that week. Friggin' fillial obligations and all. Enjoy the ATL anyway, and get a little extra crunk for me.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: wombat on May 27, 2004, 02:41:18 pm
Choop and Mite!  You live in Atlanta?!  I thought I didn't know a soul there.  I am going to count this as some kind of cosmic omen.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Nabubrush on May 27, 2004, 09:14:17 pm
Atlantans can be sort of happy that their former NHL team is in the finals.

I've been there once.

I have nothing else.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Choop on May 27, 2004, 09:54:04 pm
Not only do I live in Atlanta, I'm getting some serious foodie cred here -- tonight I'm dining at the hottest new restaurant in town, and on its opening night. We made the first reservation on their books.

Shit, if you had a week to spend and I took that week off, I and mrs|Choop could show you no end of entertainment. Especially food- and drink- related.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 27, 2004, 10:06:11 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Not only do I live in Atlanta, I'm getting some serious foodie cred here -- tonight I'm dining at the hottest new restaurant in town, and on its opening night. We made the first reservation on their books.

Shit, if you had a week to spend and I took that week off, I and mrs|Choop could show you no end of entertainment. Especially food- and drink- related.


I'd just be happy to know what/where the EAYC is.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Choop on May 28, 2004, 01:41:19 pm
EAYC is the Euclid Avenue Yacht Club, a great local/biker bar in the L5P (Little Five Points) neighborhood. Hit Citysearch (http://atlanta.citysearch.com/) for directions and reviews. They proffer one of the best burritos in Atlanta, and good beer cheap.

Seriously, though, tell me when you're available and up for what* you might be, if you're not up for that.

*Geez, I hope I put those prepositions in the right order...
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Nabubrush on June 01, 2004, 03:16:50 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Seriously, though, tell me when you're available and up for what* you might be, if you're not up for that.

*Geez, I hope I put those prepositions in the right order...

It would have been more fun if you had said " . . . for what up you might be . . . "
Title: Atlanta
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 06, 2004, 11:47:33 pm
I'm flying out in a couple hours; I'll be landing 'round breakfast time Monday morning, checking into the Marriott at Lennox Square and probably going straight to a meeting. Leave messages for Mr. Nehal if you're interested in drinkin', eatin', socializin' , etc. I'll be in meetings all week but available at least Weds and Thurs evening; possiby also later in the evenings of Mon and Tues.

Cheers!
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Choop on June 11, 2004, 05:29:18 am
Just got back from darts w/ AlohaDawg at the aforementioned EAYC. What a hell of a nice guy!

Of course, the only one drinking free beer was him, but I get some coffee and an inanimate traveller out of the deal, so it's all good.

Had I a digital camera, pictures would have followed. (this has been a test of the emergency posting system)
Title: Atlanta
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 12, 2004, 08:40:37 pm
All thanks to the hostly and generous Choopernickel, who, by thge way, barely lost at darts as I accidently got a double bullseye at the end, and, oddly enough, that was just what I needed. Had we been playing 301 it would have been MUCH more impressive, but we would still be there throwing if we had picked 301...

Hell of a guy, that Choop, too, you Atlanteans and those nearby should all get together at some point.

PS - Choop was the first to know here, but I'm letting it out, at the moment it appears that the lastest addition to Casa de Dawgie will arrive in February of next year. More details as they become available; it's quite early at the moment so no idea on the nature of the secret junk, etc. etc.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: Nabubrush on June 13, 2004, 03:08:40 am
Congrats, Dawg - enjoy!
Title: Atlanta
Post by: jough on June 13, 2004, 03:24:00 am
You mean there'll be a little Dawg running around soon?  Awesome.

Congrats to you and Mrs. Dawg.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: jay-ell on June 13, 2004, 03:51:21 am
Quote from: "jough"
You mean there'll be a little Dawg running around soon?  Awesome.

Congrats to you and Mrs. Dawg.


Another little Dawg.  There's already a little Dawgette who is -- still four? -- and cute as a button.  

Many congrats, Dawg.  Many many.  Keep us posted, and many "huuuugs" to Mrs. Dawg.
Title: Atlanta
Post by: AugustWest on June 13, 2004, 05:50:45 am
Congrats.  Funny thing about second kids -- they're complete different than the first one.  They have their own unique individual personality and all.  You think you know how your kids are going to be and then bang the second one shows up and confuses the hell out of you.

This is wonderful news and you have both my sincerest congratulations and my deepest sympathies for the next 18 years or so.