The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: sailor on May 28, 2004, 09:48:08 pm

Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: sailor on May 28, 2004, 09:48:08 pm
Ok, on Monday, Uncle Culpepper can have an interaction with Beef, then he's on the first hoss carriage back to Louisiana.

BTW, this is my first first post.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: V-Adore on May 28, 2004, 10:04:24 pm
Even if all the rest of the strips in this storyline had blown, this would have redeemed it all.

IDEAL
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 28, 2004, 10:04:52 pm
Yay! He said Pusillanimous! That was one of mine in the word thread.

I feel validated.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: jough on May 28, 2004, 10:12:23 pm
LN is going to be fuck*ng DANGEROUS after his dealings with the Colonel.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: andalucia on May 28, 2004, 10:26:15 pm
Onstad's right; my colloquial interactions DO need more use of the phrase "mortal coil".
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: Bozack on May 28, 2004, 11:06:06 pm
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!

EDITED TO BE LESS ANNOYING.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: slink on May 28, 2004, 11:39:31 pm
Very camp footwork with the cloak 'shruf'ing there.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: AugustWest on May 29, 2004, 01:57:10 am
Love the strip, but I don't think a Southern Gentleman of Uncle Culpepper's ilk would say "Forsooth".  He's southern, not Shakespearean.  

LN seems to be diggin' on the new style.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: CortJstr on May 29, 2004, 03:34:01 pm
Dang, all he said was "yankee." Is he an Orioles fan or something?
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: side_show on May 31, 2004, 02:15:31 pm
My weekend was free from the hand of Dixie.  It was a boring rain-all-weekend and spend-most-of-your-free-time-with-boyfriend's-family type weekend.  It's been raining constantly since Thursday here.  Sigh.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: TALKYdude on May 31, 2004, 09:06:06 pm
CortJstr, clearly you have the wrong idea about the lingering resentments since Lincoln launched The War Of Northern Aggression. (Yes, there really are people who call it that with a straight face. I've met them.)
I loved "shruf" too, slink. I know there's a word that describes that category of words but I can't remember it. Like "pow!" and "bam!" and "biff!" and "kablooey!"
Like "whizz" and "ping!"
What is the word? Damn it.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: TALKYdude on May 31, 2004, 09:07:57 pm
Onomatopœia! Whew.
Update: 6000th! [woohoo].
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: andalucia on May 31, 2004, 09:42:26 pm
MAD props for using œ, sir.
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: V-Adore on May 31, 2004, 09:42:57 pm
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
CortJstr, clearly you have the wrong idea about the lingering resentments since Lincoln launched The War Of Northern Aggression. (Yes, there really are people who call it that with a straight face. I've met them.)

My US History teacher in high school used it, and a few arguments about states' rights, more or less straightfacedly. He was Nebraskan, though, and I think he was trying to get our honor-student goats, but who knows?
Title: I demand my Satisfaction. -May 28
Post by: Nabubrush on June 01, 2004, 04:34:20 pm
Much, much better.