The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: sailor on May 31, 2004, 06:40:37 pm

Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: sailor on May 31, 2004, 06:40:37 pm
http://www.emogame.com/bushgame.html

really funny and educational.

Hulk Hogan, Mr. T, Fatass He-Man, and others team up against, Bush, Cheney, and Paris Hilton.

RAD.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: side_show on May 31, 2004, 07:15:33 pm
Nice.  But it ain't no Bejeweled.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: andalucia on May 31, 2004, 08:27:33 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Nice.  But it ain't no Bejeweled.


True that.  I also enjoyed the domain name immensely... oh... and the game's fun too,
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: CortJstr on May 31, 2004, 09:44:13 pm
Meh. The controls suck and since when is Mr. Bollea against using politics to makes yourself rich at the expense of others?
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: sailor on June 01, 2004, 12:22:54 am
Yes, the controls suck, but the point, kids, is humor and a little political education (and hillary duff fingerbang).

and Bejewled? how pedestrian.

Pat has bejeweled on his cell phone.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: sailor on June 01, 2004, 08:34:19 pm
BTW, if you go to the regular emogames site, there's 3 games starring emo bands, GI Joe, etc. funny shit.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: CortJstr on June 01, 2004, 08:42:41 pm
Did anybody just try and click through the boring crap about deficits and estate taxes as quickly as possible? Such a yawn it was.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: St_Zartan on June 02, 2004, 12:01:04 am
Quote from: "sailor"
Pat has bejeweled on his cell phone.


This alone justifies the whole thread, people.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: AugustWest on June 02, 2004, 01:05:12 am
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sailor"
Pat has bejeweled on his cell phone.


This alone justifies the whole thread, people.


Seconded.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: side_show on June 02, 2004, 02:12:08 pm
Quote from: "sailor"

and Bejewled? how pedestrian.

Pat has bejeweled on his cell phone.


For the love of god, I was being sarcastic.  It's bejeweled! Be-joooool-ed!
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2004, 04:13:13 pm
Besides, Zuma is the current bar to which all other web games must measure.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: jough on June 02, 2004, 04:20:17 pm
Link to Zuma?
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2004, 04:23:02 pm
www.popcap.com

It's the same people that made Bejewelled, Mummy Maze, Dinomite, etc.

Oh, and Zuma is IE only, it uses ActiveX.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 02, 2004, 05:46:05 pm
Zuma is not quite as addictive as heroin, but close.  Beware.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: side_show on June 02, 2004, 05:54:36 pm
Dear god, I'll never get those two hours of my life back.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2004, 07:44:08 pm
Damn straight. I played Zuma for like 3 hours a day a couple months ago.
Oh and if you want some real fun play Insaniquarium for an hour then try to explain it to somebody. Preferrably a non-geek. That's quality entertainment.

"So you have this giraffe tank with little baby giraffe. And you need to feed them so they don't die but the food isn't free. But your giraffe poop money, right? And bigger giraffe poop larger denominations. Then you have to fight off these aliens that storm in and try to eat your giraffe. So you're all like, 'get off my giraffe tentacle monster, they have money to shit!'"
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 02, 2004, 07:47:46 pm
For the love of all that is holy, do NOT play Gold Miner (http://gamerival.com/index.cfm?play=23E94579&fromint=1) if you value your time.  Please, I beg you.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: jay-ell on June 03, 2004, 02:08:43 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Zuma


Dammit, there's $20 I'm not at all sorry I spent.  

Well, I had to try the downloadable demo.  And by the time it expired, I was on level five.  I mean, I didn't want to lose all my progress, you see.  

Worth.  

Every.  

Penny.  
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: sailor on June 05, 2004, 12:09:15 am
I'm into weird japanese dating sims lately.

yes, i am single, how did you know?
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: V-Adore on June 05, 2004, 12:24:55 am
Looooooathing. (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com)
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: AugustWest on June 05, 2004, 03:42:56 am
A (novice) adventurer is me! I've got a 5 level Sauceror going, but I'm a little wary of getting to committed to the game if it's just going to be reset and I'll have to start all over.  However, I would be happy to accept any advice you have to offer.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: V-Adore on June 05, 2004, 04:03:26 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
A (novice) adventurer is me! I've got a 5 level Sauceror going, but I'm a little wary of getting to committed to the game if it's just going to be reset and I'll have to start all over.  However, I would be happy to accept any advice you have to offer.

See, I'm thinking of the reset as a blessing; I can figure out all the secrets and screw around, and if I do anything desperately maiming, hey, eventual restart.

Anyway, I'm not that much farther along than you are -- I've got two level 7 characters, an Accordion Thief and a Turtle Tamer, and a level 2 Sauceror I just started today -- but I suppose I can give some advice. How far along are you in terms of quests?
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: AugustWest on June 05, 2004, 04:08:09 am
Not very.

I've dealt with the Toot Oriole.

I've built my car.

I've protected the gourd.

I've cleaned the rats out of the tavern.

And that's about it.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: CortJstr on June 05, 2004, 04:56:56 am
Quote from: "AugustWest and V-Adore"
Kingdom of Loathing crap

If this keeps going yet another split is a-comin'
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: AugustWest on June 05, 2004, 05:17:49 am
Dude, if you get off on moderatin' that much, knock yourself out!
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: andalucia on June 05, 2004, 02:54:24 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest and V-Adore"
Kingdom of Loathing crap



Curses!  Why did I have to be informed of this the week before exams!
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: jough on June 05, 2004, 05:50:05 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "AugustWest and V-Adore"
Kingdom of Loathing crap



Curses!  Why did I have to be informed of this the week before exams!


Relax.  The game practically plays itself!
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: arkabee on June 06, 2004, 02:30:30 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "AugustWest and V-Adore"
Kingdom of Loathing crap



Curses!  Why did I have to be informed of this the week before exams!


Relax.  The game practically plays itself!


that's what the Illuminati [1] told GW before the primaries! [2]

--

First off, the footnotes thing.  it's addicting.  i don't get the setting the font size to so small i have to go to effort to read it thing, but i've never felt such subconscious desire to foot note rather than parenthesise ever in my life.

[1] even though i used to be a fair to middling standing member of a Texas UFO Death Cult AND have a tattoo that involves an item of "religious" signifigance to said cult, i am NOT a firm believer in the Illuminati per se, but from now on rather than try to frustratedly explain my political ennui or deliniate to others who is fuck*ng me and mine over in the big picture, i'm just going to wave my hands and mumble "the illuminatis" from now on.  or at least until the second cup of coffee.


[2]  relax any pro- or anti- lovers or supporters, i fear and misunderstand all political figures equally, or if not equally than at the least closely enough for government work.  i'm just trying to get the thread back to the topic on hand, making fun of the current administration.


edit- wow, that was a lot of typing for a stupid joke.
Title: Anti-Bush video game
Post by: V-Adore on June 06, 2004, 11:48:39 pm
I fear no split!

Anyway, August -- I'd start fighting in the Bat Hole. Fight in the Entryway for a while, until you get a Pine-Fresh Air Freshener; equipping it will get you Stench Resistance and let you start fighting in Guano Junction. Once you get three sonars-in-a-biscuit, use them all to unlock the Boss Bat, but that should keep you for a while.