The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Flenker on June 01, 2004, 05:50:24 pm
-
that's just like Uncle Culpepper. Always getting the ladies while Ray's crappin
-
Uncle Culpepper is all up ins! Yeah man!
-
What the hell is going on in the second panel of Ray on the shitter?
Is he burping? What the hell is that?
-
What the hell is going on in the second panel of Ray on the shitter?
Is he burping? What the hell is that?
i think he just had a Satisfaction.
-
What the hell is going on in the second panel of Ray on the shitter?
Is he burping? What the hell is that?
I think that was another example of the "fourth wall" comin' down.
i.e. it is impolite to watch a cat shit. they hate that.
edited for hell of shitty spelling
-
Is he burping? What the hell is that?
He could be burping, but I think that he is going "hahhh!" in a satisfied way, because of the fine libation he has just imbibed, or because of some good prostate action.
As a longtime reader of GW and Vogue, I thought I knew what Dolce & Gabbana was, but Tina's usage has me a bit at sea. Was it her underthings? Shoes?
I guess Uncle Culpepper will ascertain the nature of the items in question.
-
What I think everyone here has forgotten to mention is that this comic is fantastically excellent. Ray's uncle has timeless pimp game.
Also, does anyone have any "nasty old saxophone/banjo music"? Does anybody even know what that is?
-
Nasty saxophone/banjo music must involve Boots Randolph.
And probably Roy Clark, too.
-
The fourth panel seems like an obvious (and creepy) Fourth Wall break to me.
Other than that, this comic is total gold. If I can avoid meeting Ray's baleful stare (and the realization that he is, in fact, gettin' a little chubby), it's unbelievably happy-making.
-
I think what gets me about this storyline is that nobody adjusts the way they speak. Culpepper completely understands the horrible diction of Tina and just flows right along with it. He's like the anti-CM Burns.
-
He is going to take her to places that Ray never could.
And I ain't talking geography.
-
I do kind of wonder if Uncle Culpepper and Tina will bump into Mantonio, though, resulting in another demand for Satisfaction.
And yeah, the fourth wall breaking is pretty creepy. Hell, even if that wasn't the point, it's still creepy.
-
I do kind of wonder if Uncle Culpepper and Tina will bump into Mantonio, though, resulting in another demand for Satisfaction.
And yeah, the fourth wall breaking is pretty creepy. Hell, even if that wasn't the point, it's still creepy.
Yeah, it's a creepy panel even if you assume that the intent was not actually to have Ray balefully staring through your computer screen, as if to dare you to do something about his vileness.
Uncle will totally take Mantonio if it comes to that. Mantonio looks too damn oily to fire a gun without it sliding from his paws, anyway.
-
Dag, once more Ray is taking it in the dumper. Onstad must just be pissed off at Ray for some reason.
-
Yeah, it's a creepy panel even if you assume that the intent was not actually to have Ray balefully staring through your computer screen, as if to dare you to do something about his vileness.
This was, in fact, precisely my reaction to this strip. And I didn't like it much.