The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Pedro Picasso on June 02, 2004, 03:42:33 pm

Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: Pedro Picasso on June 02, 2004, 03:42:33 pm
http://www.chroniclogic.com/index.htm?gish.htm (http://www.chroniclogic.com/index.htm?gish.htm)

This game has been the object of my obsession for a couple of days.  Lots of fun.  Complex physics meets Mario-style side scroller in this ball-of-tar vs. creatures from the land of Zim adventure.
Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: andalucia on June 02, 2004, 10:16:29 pm
Damn, that's rad.
Very aesthetically pleasing as well.
Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: jough on June 02, 2004, 10:39:12 pm
I couldn't get past the part where you have to jump for the first time.  My guy just did not want to jump more than five pixels.

Uninstalled.
Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: arkabee on June 03, 2004, 12:33:33 am
Quote from: "jough"
I couldn't get past the part where you have to jump for the first time.  My guy just did not want to jump more than five pixels.

Uninstalled.


well,

he did say it was like mario.

~~~~~~

oh, hey, look, luigi just fell into the hole again, your turn.

-no, i'm done, i beat the game last man.

i hate you.
Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 03, 2004, 01:23:18 am
I got him to jump pretty high (by jumping and flattening over and effin' OVER) but I thought the controls were kind of crappy and the game was a little boring. It was cool how he stuck to the wall or floor though.
Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: Pedro Picasso on June 03, 2004, 03:40:34 pm
He flattens better if you hold the down button.  Hitting jump while he's the most compressed gets the most height.  Also pressing up while he's airborn gets you higher.  It's a skill.  Just like a lot of other side scrollers.  It's painful and obnoxious until you get the hang of it.  Then all of the sudden it's a zen-like experience racing through levels that would have previously socked it to you for hours.

It has several multiplayer modes which I just adore.  Football is my favorite.  You use the guy's sticking to walls ability to yank a foot ball down a field.  Once you get good at it, you can roll the football on top of yourself, and then use the jump key to vault the thing up for a field goal.  Fun city*.

I'm always looking for games that more than one person can play at the same Machine.  There's a dearth  of them for PC, and my wife swears up and down that we'll never get a console.

* Only 39 miles to Fun City!  SOUTH OF THE BORDER
Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: jay-ell on June 03, 2004, 03:52:11 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
my wife swears up and down that we'll never get a console.


Never!  

Vile machines.  *pthuh*
Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: CortJstr on June 03, 2004, 04:11:18 pm
Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
I'm always looking for games that more than one person can play at the same Machine.

Worms, bitch!
Title: Gish Game Demo
Post by: Pedro Picasso on June 03, 2004, 05:18:28 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Worms, bitch!


Yes, I've played Worms, I love worms.  I'm down with the World party.  I was all sorts of excited by the possibilities presented by Worms 3D, but the gameplay fell flat.  It just wasn't as much fun.

Where my boxing games at?