The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on June 08, 2004, 11:35:55 am
-
Perhaps a wee bit too much *****-ass, but a charming strip nevertheless.
-
What's with the rectangular guy? What good is a ***** with no arms?
To save CortJstr the trouble: Yes, we've seen him before http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03292002
Not a lot of character development though.
-
What's with the rectangular guy? What good is a ##### with no arms?
To save CortJstr the trouble: Yes, we've seen him before http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03292002
Not a lot of character development though.
You don't need arms to design BBQ sauce labels (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02252004). Just to do pretty much everything else in life. Maybe he has some kind of fold-away or retractable arms.
-
Hmmmmmmm. Wonder where this fits in on the timeline of recent events. Is this a predecessor to the Uncle Culpepper thread? Or have the other 'bots picked up Lie Bot, fixed him up, and they're celebrating his con?
Whatever, I want to see Lie Bot go ass over teakettle out the back of the truck bed.
-
Perhaps a wee bit too much #####-ass, but a charming strip nevertheless.
***** -ass? wouldn't that be a ro-butt.
dear god why.
-
I thought this meant there were *two* Lie-bots! And on of them is our Lie-bot's evil twin!
And since they are both convincing liars, we will never know which is which!
Hijinks ensue!
-
I thought this meant there were *two* Lie-bots! And on of them is our Lie-bot's evil twin!
And since they are both convincing liars, we will never know which is which!
Hijinks ensue!
Hell, robots are a mass produced commodity. There could be thousands of Lie Bots. MILLIONS!
-
Not always. Lie-bot could have been an experimental, hand-built bot. Like R. Daneel Olivaw.
Lije Baley? Isaac Asimov? The Caves of Steel? Read a book!
-
Ah, Cort out-archives me, and all is well in the world.
Except I still don't see how he designs bbq sauce labels on that computer without arms.
-
Lije Baley? Isaac Asimov? The Caves of Steel? Read a book!
Foul puppet! Reading books brings pain to my mighty noggin!
Spoooooooooooooooooooooon!
-
I thought this meant there were *two* Lie-bots! And on of them is our Lie-bot's evil twin!
And since they are both convincing liars, we will never know which is which!
Hijinks ensue!
That's what I got from it, too. I mean they ARE *****s. it is not entirely inconcievable that they are mass produced by a gigantic conglomerate in the south pacific using slave labor.
My question is, if all it takes for liebot to show off his butt is to stand up and turn around, how come this offensive sight is so rare? Does he always walk around with his back to the wall? what happens when he goes outside? He does NOT have #####. (boo to that)
-
This kinda blows my theory that Uncle Culpepper-arc Ray was really Andy in a Ray suit, I guess. A-AND GUEST STARRING VLAD AS "SCUBBIE OFTEN"
Whatever. I'm happy to see the bots again (and in a Datsun, no less - are they in Ro bot Hell?). A story arc involving just those knuckleheads fuck*ng around on a road trip has an enormous quantity of rad-potential.
WHAT IT IS, YOU ROCK AND ROLL FAGGOTS
-
I thought this meant there were *two* Lie-bots! And on of them is our Lie-bot's evil twin!
And since they are both convincing liars, we will never know which is which!
Hijinks ensue!
Okay Liebot B, which way would the other Liebot tell me to go?
Oh, and were you trying to make a Human Ton reference down there or Tail and I just cooler than you?
-
Ah, Cort out-archives me, and all is well in the world.
Except I still don't see how he designs bbq sauce labels on that computer without arms.
At least he's not wearing boxing gloves.
-
Andy quite obviously has a voice-command program. (Of course it is perfectly workable, even for graphics programs -- *****s have better programs than we do, of course.)
I'm curious where this fits in the timeline, too, but it's a cute strip, although I too have reservations about the obviousness of Lie Bot's ass. I imagine it makes prolonged social attachments difficulties, even more than the compulsive lying.
hee hee, "ro-butt"
-
"David Hasselhoff arrested"
I shit you not. Just saw the headline after I sent a message from my hotmail account, copied it and pasted it directly. Those headlines are so helpful and always very informative.
When I read the strip I was mildly to very amused. But later today, while commuting to or from school (can't remember which), I thought of the alt text some more and was extremely amused. I just went and viewed the strip again. The "dialogue" is so brilliant. This is a good one. I love that the truck is a Datsun. And that no one appears to be being mooned. Maybe cows?
-
Andy quite obviously has a voice-command program. (Of course it is perfectly workable, even for graphics programs -- *****s have better programs than we do, of course.)
Or some kind of direct interface via FireWire or IDE cable or something. Maybe even wireless a.
-
Andy is obviously working using 802.11g WiFi.
Although you'd think a ***** wouldn't need to use a headset to use the phone - couldn't they build a CDMA cell phone right into him?
-
Andy is obviously working using 802.11g WiFi.
Although you'd think a ##### wouldn't need to use a headset to use the phone - couldn't they build a CDMA cell phone right into him?
Only 802.11g? Come on, Andy is clearly and early-adopter and is using 802.11a
-
i'd say bluetoothing the input to his PC (rather than a KB/penis), hence his need for a headset.
-
Lije Baley? Isaac Asimov? The Caves of Steel? Read a book!
answering questions not asked is very bad form, man.
-
arkabee.
Update the Toof(TM).
Please? I put so much work into that for you.
Love,
Choop.
-
andy plugs directly in via usb2. he doesnt actually even need a monitor, but uses one anyway so that his boss can see his brilliant bbq sauce label designs.
-
arkabee.
Update the Toof(TM).
Please? I put so much work into that for you.
Love,
Choop.
happy now?
if you can make an avatar sized "drugs kill" that is still animated...
-
andy plugs directly in via usb2. he doesnt actually even need a monitor, but uses one anyway so that his boss can see his brilliant bbq sauce label designs.
But that begs the question of just how he gets the plug into the port without arms. Hence my bringing up wireless.
-
andy plugs directly in via usb2. he doesnt actually even need a monitor, but uses one anyway so that his boss can see his brilliant bbq sauce label designs.
But that begs the question of just how he gets the plug into the port without arms. Hence my bringing up wireless.
Well do you always have to use your arms to get your ahem plug into port?
-
But that's not the problem! The problem is, once he's connected, how can he do graphic design without hands to use some kind of input device! He can't describe a picture by talking. A picture is worth a thousand words, and all.
I think he's lying about what he does for a living. It's dial-a-perverted-***** phone sex, or worse, tech support.
-
But that begs the question of just how he gets the plug into the port without arms. Hence my bringing up wireless.
That thought may invite the question or it may perhaps even beg others to ask the question for it, as it is poor and cannot ask questions on its own. It does not in fact beg the question (http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxbegthe.html).
Explain to me about the evolving language, and I will tell you of the devolving discourse.
-
Oh no! It's a secret undercover GRAMMAR COP!
Run for your lives!
-
Oh no! It's a secret undercover GRAMMAR COP!
Run for your lives!
No one could have seen that coming (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=10576#10576). Not here.
-
Indeed. Fully exposed I am merely the Grammar Deputy.
I am also arrested for indecent exposure.
-
It's like talking to George Carlin in here.
-
Must.
Resist.
Urge.
To.
Lock.
Thread.
-
Jough, a period goes at the end of sentence, not after every single word.
-
Jough, a period goes at the end of sentence, not after every single word.
Unless two of those words are "utility" and "belt".
-
Must.
Resist.
Urge.
To.
Lock.
Thread.
Do it! Do it!
-
Jough, a period goes at the end of sentence, not after every single word.
Each of those sentences was just one word long.
-
Must.
Resist.
Urge.
To.
Lock.
Thread.
Do it! Do it!
Done.