The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: keef on August 07, 2003, 08:35:41 pm

Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: keef on August 07, 2003, 08:35:41 pm
What's with this board being ruled with an iron fist?

At least with the "official" achewood board, it was Chris doing the fisting... so to speak.  Here, it's just a couple of normal people being overly harsh about what can and cannot be said.

What the crap is that?
Title: locking
Post by: satchel on August 07, 2003, 08:39:19 pm
The idea of locking ‘off-topic’ threads was Onstad’s habit, as far as I could tell. I don’t know the criteria for getting them locked here, but it’s surprised me.
Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 08:46:58 pm
This is not about Achewood.

Moving to the Community forum.
Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: jay-ell on August 07, 2003, 08:51:29 pm
Hi guys.  I understand your concerns.  However, there is space dedicated on this board to bullshit, and I'd like to keep it out of the Achewood forums.  I spelled all this out in the Rules and Regulations. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=12)  Check it out if you have questions.  

Besides, it wouldn't be an Achewood board without some arbitrary totalitarianism, now would it?
Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: CortJstr on August 07, 2003, 08:52:01 pm
Actually I'm just waiting for somebody to post something remotely lockable just for the rush of power.

Otherwise we're half mocking Onstad's lockophilia and half trying to taper off the "Why'd he close the board? He sucks!" threads and move on. That's my interpretation, anyway.
Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: jay-ell on August 07, 2003, 08:53:34 pm
Well spoken, young Jstr.  There is hope for you yet.
Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 08:53:36 pm
I'm glad he closed the boards.  I like this one better, and I say that not simply because I'm hosting it.

Anyway, I tend to lock threads for any capricious whim, or when they become lame and stale.

This thread, incidentally, has become lame and stale.
Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: keef on August 07, 2003, 09:04:48 pm
I think if you rule that way, you should make everyone a moderator for everything.
Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: jough on August 07, 2003, 09:08:08 pm
Well, you complainers have posted only 9 and 8 posts respectively (most about how you like the smell of your own shit), so your opinion garners seriously less weight than the rest of the community as to how things are run.

Sorry, that's just how it works.
Title: crazy-style lockdown
Post by: jay-ell on August 07, 2003, 09:08:55 pm
This is not a democracy.