The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: PinkStainlessTail on June 09, 2004, 09:02:03 pm

Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on June 09, 2004, 09:02:03 pm
More robot ass. I dunno...
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: jough on June 09, 2004, 09:03:45 pm
I don't get it.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: Nabubrush on June 09, 2004, 09:22:35 pm
I just thank the Lord that the Insane Anglo Warlord didn't live to see this.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: AugustWest on June 09, 2004, 09:23:02 pm
It's very simple.

Onstad hasn't figured out what to do with Beef yet, so he's vamping.

It also kind of sets up the mechanical characters as a gang versus the animal characters.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: sailor on June 09, 2004, 09:24:07 pm
I don't get it either. Is Onstad stalling; trying to figure out what the new plotline in heaven is going to be?
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: ferocious j on June 09, 2004, 09:25:57 pm
I realize this is a purely personal reaction, but I kind of get a vaguely sinister vibe to the 'bots shouting "SUCCESS!" and waving and carrying on, as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  I doubt this is actually the case, but neither can it be logically excluded.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: Formica on June 09, 2004, 09:39:25 pm
Robosexual voyeurism makes Baby Jesus cry.

On the other hand, at least we now know that, while Andy has no arms, he certainly doesn't purge himself of waste via 802.11x, now does he?
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: andalucia on June 09, 2004, 09:58:29 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
I realize this is a purely personal reaction, but I kind of get a vaguely sinister vibe to the 'bots shouting "SUCCESS!" and waving and carrying on, as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  I doubt this is actually the case, but neither can it be logically excluded.


This was not my first reaction, but now that you mention that, it is a little on the creepy side, especially in the absence of any other rational explanation for this strip's existence.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: MSC on June 09, 2004, 10:30:14 pm
The success is obviously in successfully mooning.

Lack of rational explanation doesn't bother me at all.  In fact it is one of Achewood's charms.

Nevertheless, I found this strip too much.  I loved the previous one, but this has ruined it for me.   :(
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: CortJstr on June 09, 2004, 10:34:05 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
I realize this is a purely personal reaction, but I kind of get a vaguely sinister vibe to the 'bots shouting "SUCCESS!" and waving and carrying on, as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  I doubt this is actually the case, but neither can it be logically excluded.

I'm pretty sure it was Liebot who actually shot Beef and Ray who shot Liebot so that doesn't really pan out.

This reminds me of the Calvin-grows-ever-larger storyline that Waterson had intended to drag out for weeks. Maybe he's just messing with us. Or maybe he's thinking more in terms of book/archive readers than those of us hanging on a daily update.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: ndpatel on June 09, 2004, 10:36:03 pm
i think the idea is that this is really all lie bot wants: to drive around with his botpals doing stupid shit.

since he can't, y'know, die, i think we're just peeking into his robodreams. like that electric sheep thing.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: miles on June 09, 2004, 10:40:54 pm
His ass is both freakishly human-like and artificial.  Creepy.  I've had enough for a while.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: G3K on June 09, 2004, 11:28:06 pm
$10 we get the same thing tomorrow.

THE SECOND WEEK OF JUNE IS OBVIOUSLY ***** ASS WEEK
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: palm trees on June 10, 2004, 12:27:59 am
this made me laugh, whereas the previous strip hadn't really been all that great. now seeing this and remembering the last one, that made me laugh.

SUCCESS!
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: Bozack on June 10, 2004, 12:36:37 am
Quote from: "ndpatel"
i think the idea is that this is really all lie bot wants: to drive around with his botpals doing stupid shit.

since he can't, y'know, die, i think we're just peeking into his robodreams. like that electric sheep thing.


MUY interesante.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: ferocious j on June 10, 2004, 01:16:18 am
That is an interesting theory.

Also, CortJstr is the admiral of me.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: AugustWest on June 10, 2004, 01:45:54 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
I realize this is a purely personal reaction, but I kind of get a vaguely sinister vibe to the 'bots shouting "SUCCESS!" and waving and carrying on, as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  I doubt this is actually the case, but neither can it be logically excluded.


Where's the ghost of Isaac Asimov when you need him?
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: wombat on June 10, 2004, 02:17:16 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  


My first reaction to this was "what?  what animals?"

Oh yeah.  Ray and Roast Beef and all.  They're cats. Cartoon cats.  Not people.  Now I remember.

I know it's been a tough week, but that's a little scary.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: mc mackalot on June 10, 2004, 06:33:56 pm
I google for an achewood forum and registered an account just so I could express my dissatisfaction with the last two strips. What the fuck, Chris? What the fuck?
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: AugustWest on June 10, 2004, 07:15:37 pm
Quote from: "mc mackalot"
I google for an achewood forum and registered an account just so I could express my dissatisfaction with the last two strips. What the fuck, Chris? What the fuck?


Hang around and discuss what you do like, if and when there is anything.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: jough on June 10, 2004, 07:18:47 pm
Now there's a dissatisfied customer. Man, that's a lot of trouble to go through just to bitch about the strip.

I agree, though.

WHAT THE FUCK INDEED!
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: arkabee on June 10, 2004, 07:30:02 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "ferocious j"
I realize this is a purely personal reaction, but I kind of get a vaguely sinister vibe to the 'bots shouting "SUCCESS!" and waving and carrying on, as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  I doubt this is actually the case, but neither can it be logically excluded.

I'm pretty sure it was Liebot who actually shot Beef and Ray who shot Liebot so that doesn't really pan out.


it doesn't pan out insofar as it being a plot for the animals to shoot each other, but it certainly would pan out as to a plot regarding Liebot shooting Beef or etc.  i've always gotten the feeling that the stupid *****s didn't so much like the animals nro the stuffed animals of the underground.
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: slink on June 10, 2004, 07:45:50 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
i've always gotten the feeling that the stupid *****s didn't so much like the animals nro the stuffed animals of the underground.


Well...
Meatbags and all.


And just because saying that made me think of it: 'look at me, I'm a meat-buoy!'
Title: June 9th- Success!
Post by: Acanthopagrus on June 15, 2004, 07:07:05 am
I have been thinking about this strip for too long.

Anyway my theory runs along the lines of.

#####'s have crap jobs.

They don't get paid very much.

Ray is a sucker.

On the 10th of June Ray mentions that Liebot borrowed a bunch of money from him.

It could be that the #####'s are now all cashed up and are out having a good time. As you do at the conclusion of a well executed scam.

However I can see Ray planning his revenge.