The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jay-ell on June 11, 2004, 05:11:40 am
-
Well, I guess the Ray/Beef/Culpepper storyline is really, really over. I was hoping that he'd change his mind about the fin.
So, what the hell happened with Beef? Where is Molly?!?!?
*weeps*
-
Maybe Onstaad is writing himself (c.q. Beef) out of the strip, to generalize it more for mass consumption.
I hope not, but possibly.
Of course, the robot asses speak against that.
-
hahaha it's all going to hell.
What's interesting is that even though Onstad is quite possibly having one of his Mental Breakdown Periods, at least this time he has killed off his most direct voice (Beef) of that dementia.
This is more like... well let's just say there will be way more *#*#* ass in the near future prolly.
-
p.s. haha can't say ***** around here
REOBOYT
-
Meh. He seemed to be stuck as to where to go with the previous storyline, and I guess just decided it wasn't working and ended it quickly, so he could bring us this brilliant strip.
To whom is Ray speaking, and for what does he need that photo? The strip begs the question.
FIND OUT THE EXCITING ANSWER ON MONDAY WHEN ONSTAD DRAWS A LITERALLY unique STRIP
-
i really don't want beef to be dead.
-
What happened to those who enjoy one-off strips? I always felt that the utter randomness -- of which this a fine example -- are Achewood's best feature.
-
The picture is of Becker and Fagan - Steely Dan. What's up with the Steve Miller band? I'm confused.
-
That's what's known in the parlance of comic strips as a joke. He's a cat - he doesn't know anything about old white guy rock and roll bands.
-
That's what's known in the parlance of comic strips as a joke. He's a cat - he doesn't know anything about old white guy rock and roll bands.
But he called and requested the picture.
-
Wow, asherdan, you totally CortJstr'd that one.
Good recall.
-
Wow, asherdan, you totally CortJstr'd that one.
Good recall.
NOW you're a verb.
-
That's what's known in the parlance of comic strips as a joke. He's a cat - he doesn't know anything about old white guy rock and roll bands.
Actually, it's what's known in the parlance of comic strips as a "mistake." The strip's been corrected to read "Steely Dan."
Glad you found it funny anyway. :roll:
-
I think 'Stad is tossin' out this little stuff, all buildin' up a huge ole plot line where Beef brings Molly back from heaven only to have those bastard *****s fuck it all up by kidnapping her and dressing up Chucklebot as Molly. Hilarity insues.
I don't know what America's Test Kitchen is.
-
These brownies are fuck*ng AWESOME (http://www.americastestkitchen.com/Recipe/269.shtml)
-
Actually, it's what's known in the parlance of comic strips as a "mistake." The strip's been corrected to read "Steely Dan."
I didn't recognize them, either, but after reading this thread, it became funnier to me - "Ray" over at "Prime Time" is caught up in being all cool and suave about his rock and roll photographic forgery needs - and he's all like this is perfect even though he has been totally played by the Rock and Roll Forgers. Another case of eBay_Ray's self-image being an accomplice in his own swindling.
-
I didn't recognize them, either
Can I ask if, upon your original reading of the strip, you thought that those two people were somehow Steve Miller?
-
I didn't recognize them, either
Can I ask if, upon your original reading of the strip, you thought that those two people were somehow Steve Miller?
HE HAS A WHOLE "BAND" DAMMIT
-
The strip begs the question.
FIND OUT THE EXCITING ANSWER ON MONDAY WHEN ONSTAD DRAWS A LITERALLY unique STRIP
This butchery of the English language was brought to you today by the letter 'spite'.
...and by the number 12.
-
Wow, asherdan, you totally CortJstr'd that one.
Good recall.
NOW you're a verb.
I knew it was only a matter of time. Soon my name will fill fill all parts of the board language. Kind of like "smurf (http://www.brunching.com/smurves.html)"
-
Yeah, keep it up and you'll be doomed to the fate of the Pokemon. All vainly trying to communicate with humans by repeating your name over and over and over. All sleeping in a red and white ball...
-
Yeah, keep it up and you'll be doomed to the fate of the Pokemon. All vainly trying to communicate with humans by repeating your name over and over and over. All sleeping in a red and white ball...
Hey, Timmy (http://images.google.com/images?q=timmy+south+park&hl=en&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0) seems to do okay communicating that way and he gets to sleep in a bed.
-
I knew it was only a matter of time. Soon my name will fill fill all parts of the board language. Kind of like "smurf (http://www.brunching.com/smurves.html)"
Interesting, came from the same year as this film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/quotes). That is one disturbing reflection of the contemporary zeitgeist.
-
I personally still want to know why Ray so desperately needed a picture of the
Steve Miller Band Steely Dan guys.
Will we ever know? PROBABLY NOT