The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Choop on June 14, 2004, 10:00:11 pm

Title: Young Blood Brass Band
Post by: Choop on June 14, 2004, 10:00:11 pm
Anybody heard of these folks (http://www.youngbloodbrassband.com/)? They're a couple trumpets, a couple trombones, a tuba, a couple drums, and a ...rapper. And they're white, or at least white-bred.

I just heard them on NPR, and they're GREEEEEEAAAAAAT!!!! Well, pretty damned interesting at least. Might have to LimeWire them or -gasp- buy one of their CDs.
Title: Young Blood Brass Band
Post by: Mite on June 15, 2004, 02:21:50 am
Oh yeah - they're great. They come from around Madison, WI (where I went to school) and they're quite popular there. An ex of mine was big into 'em, but I'm not going to ask him which albums are good. I am sorry for this.


I turned on the radio in the middle of the piece, and I'm all like "whoa, is this youngblood?" and Michele Norris is all like "Yes. Yes it is, BITCH."