The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on June 15, 2004, 10:48:57 am

Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: palm trees on June 15, 2004, 10:48:57 am
hooray!
molly is alive!
there is a new character!

let us dance and sing.

seriously though, she looks in silhouette a lot like young beef. except beef was probably not in a wheelchair (although i wouldn't be surprised if he broke his leg a few times on his board).
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: andalucia on June 15, 2004, 11:34:17 am
A new character who drinks jug wine from a wine glass, no less.  This I particularly respect.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2004, 12:50:45 pm
Onstad's gone plum loco with the new characters!
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: arlucasinc on June 15, 2004, 01:23:50 pm
The world of Achewood is a strange and mystrious world indeed. Did Molly get sent back to Earth just before the burnination began? I love how characters can just shuttle back and forth from the here to hereafter. Or even just send presents.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: MSC on June 15, 2004, 01:26:40 pm
Maybe she was "cured" of being dead.

I have a sense of foreboding about a possible Romeo and Juliet-esque suicide coming up, with RB returning to Earth only to find...
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on June 15, 2004, 02:14:38 pm
I bet even Ray didn't know that Beef still lives with his Granny...
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2004, 02:43:10 pm
Nooooooooo!

This is so obviously going somewhere that is going to make me want to cry so hard.



PS: I think it is time for my semi-regular announcement that I miss Phillippe, and also that I wish I could remember from one second to the next whether his name is spelled with two Ls or two Ps.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 15, 2004, 03:14:21 pm
cured of many things at once


BEST PUN EVAR
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: V-Adore on June 15, 2004, 03:45:39 pm
If Onstad has Beef return to Earth only to find Molly dead, I am totally going to go on a massive weeping fit. And possibly write my very first ANGRY FAN LETTER about how Onstad COULD NOT POSSIBLY DO THIS TO ME, NOOOO, CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION IF I HAVE ONE...

I know that we are not, strictly speaking, talking about a happy comic, but can't people at least not be horrified sometimes?
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: Gimpson on June 15, 2004, 03:49:25 pm
Geez...  Doesn't anyone think that this can turn out any way other than horribly?  

I'm just happy that Molly's going to get to meet Grandma Kazenzakis.

Edit:  Corrected my idiotic spelling...
Title: Onstad is being a HAM
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 15, 2004, 04:25:29 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Geez...  Doesn't anyone thing that this can turn out any way other than horribly?  

I'm just happy that Molly's going to get to meet Grandma Kazenzakis.


What the hell are you people talking about? This is a COMIC. it is FUNNY. See, he made a pun on the word 'cure' -- he even used the term 'pig smoke' and you people are all focused on the WAH WAH WAH drama.

Jeez people. You've never heard of avante garde comedy before?
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2004, 04:40:24 pm
Wouldn't it be smoked cat instead of smoked pig?


Mmmmmmm, smoked pig......
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: side_show on June 15, 2004, 04:52:29 pm
Wow, Beef lives with Grandma Kazenzakis, how very Psycho-esque.

Quote
A new character who drinks jug wine from a wine glass, no less. This I particularly respect.


I remember that I opened a particularly cheep bottle of wine a few days after I'd gotten some beautiful crystal wine glasses as a gift.  I paused holding the nicely chilled bottle of swill while looking at all my lovely new wineglasses on the shelf, then looking at the coffee mugs sitting next to them.  I didn't really want to sully my new glasses with the cheep wine, but couldn't bring myself to drink wine out of a mug.  I then climbed up on a stepladder and got out one of my cheep-mismatched old wineglasses down from where I’d packed them away on the top shelf a few days before.  Even the cheepest wine isn't meant for a mug.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: wombat on June 15, 2004, 05:02:15 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
If Onstad has Beef return to Earth only to find Molly dead, I am totally going to go on a massive weeping fit. And possibly write my very first ANGRY FAN LETTER about how Onstad COULD NOT POSSIBLY DO THIS TO ME, NOOOO, CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION IF I HAVE ONE...



Sign my name too!
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: jough on June 15, 2004, 05:06:13 pm
So when you're cured of heaven (and yes, I noticed the awful pun) you go back to earth?  What the shit?  

Well, at least Molly went to visit Beef's grammer, and isn't going to see the guy with with the baguette.

And Philippe is one l, two p's.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 15, 2004, 06:29:04 pm
Yay for Molly being alive.  Boo for Beef not being there to meet her.

Ray's going to try to get his bone on with Molly.  I hope she gives him the Heisman.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: sailor on June 15, 2004, 08:23:18 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Wow, Beef lives with Grandma Kazenzakis, how very Psycho-esque.

Quote
A new character who drinks jug wine from a wine glass, no less. This I particularly respect.


  Even the cheepest wine isn't meant for a mug.


I don't think Beef lives w/ Gramma, but rather Molly has heaven's shoddy address book.

And there is no finer way to enjoy cheap vino than from a coffee mug. it is meant to be.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: andalucia on June 15, 2004, 09:05:16 pm
I totally missed that pun.  That's unfortunate.

I meant to ask before, but his name escaped me; is anyone else familiar with Jim Woodring (http://www.jimwoodring.com/)'s art?  It's sometimes got the lame psychedelic aspect to it, as that page demonstrates, but some of his comics that I've read have been pleasingly sinister... and these two new characters reminded me of him.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: sailor on June 15, 2004, 11:13:53 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
I totally missed that pun.  That's unfortunate.

I meant to ask before, but his name escaped me; is anyone else familiar with Jim Woodring (http://www.jimwoodring.com/)'s art?  It's sometimes got the lame psychedelic aspect to it, as that page demonstrates, but some of his comics that I've read have been pleasingly sinister... and these two new characters reminded me of him.


Nice call. Especially the tall bandaged cat. I'm not a big Woodring fan, but here in the NW, people seem to eat him up.
Title: pig treated to smoke and flame - june 15
Post by: Bozack on June 16, 2004, 05:56:48 am
Quote from: "sailor"
I'm not a big Woodring fan, but here in the NW, people seem to eat him up.


SLUUURPPPPP.
MMM, DELICIOUS.
Woodring is pretty good. It's actually really weird, he actually hallucinates all of the characters he uses, and has since he was five and giant toads began harrassing him.