The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on June 16, 2004, 02:03:10 am
-
Sweet merciful crap this might be the best Ray's Place ever. Ever!
The constantly extending salmon recipe reminded me of Monty Python for some reason that I'm sure will dawn on me in a week or so.
I can only hope whoever asked Ray about tofu intend to me mocked because that's just asking for it. Remember "Vegetables Delight"?
Then there's the vodka.
-
Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life'.
Death comes to the dinner party:
It waaaaaas the Sallllllllmon Mooooooousssssse.
-
...it’s kind of like having a diamond stud through the side of your glans: you know it’s there, and that it’s awesome.
LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT RAY HAS COME OUT FIRMLY ON THE SIDE OF COCK PIERCINGS.
-
My favorite detail of this Ray's Place is definitely the switch for the rim spinners, bored to reduce weight.
On his SUV.
-
The constantly extending salmon recipe reminded me of Monty Python for some reason that I'm sure will dawn on me in a week or so.
Probably the Spanish Inquisition sketch.
"Our greatest weapon is fear and terror! ..our two! Two greatest weapons are fear, terror, and the element of surprise! ..no, our THREE greatest weapons are fear, terror, surprise, and a near-maniacal devotion to the Pope! . . . AMONGST OUR WEAPONS are..."
That was not actually the correct script of the sketch but it illustrates the basic structure of the passage of which I suspect you were reminded by the salmon recipe.
-
The constantly extending salmon recipe reminded me of Monty Python for some reason that I'm sure will dawn on me in a week or so.
Probably the Spanish Inquisition sketch.
"Our greatest weapon is fear and terror! ..our two! Two greatest weapons are fear, terror, and the element of surprise! ..no, our THREE greatest weapons are fear, terror, surprise, and a near-maniacal devotion to the Pope! . . . AMONGST OUR WEAPONS are..."
That was not actually the correct script of the sketch but it illustrates the basic structure of the passage of which I suspect you were reminded by the salmon recipe.
That sounds about right. Although I think they used that same basic formula multiple times.
-
I just wanted to say I really want a bottle of that vodka Ray was talking about.
On the other hand, I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning right quick if I got my hands on a bottle of that stuff.
-
I just wanted to say I really want a bottle of that vodka Ray was talking about.
On the other hand, I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning right quick if I got my hands on a bottle of that stuff.
You can achieve a similar flavor by making a Bloody Mary with Clamato juice.
-
Supercock101, I almost deleted you last night because I thought you were a signup bot.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM, NON-DOUCHEBAG HUMAN
-
There is something terrible about the idea of a Clamato Bloody Mary. Then again, that may be my totally morbid (but nonetheless, in my mind, rational) fear of Clamato.
I will just say that I miss the days when Ray gave advice about something other than food and pets. He used to be real, dogg. I understand that it's boring and repetitive to answer three billion e-mails about whether you should ask some guy out, but I liked it when there was more substance to the advice column, you know?
-
I'm a real human boy, and I'm proud that my first post up in this was about Clamato.
-
Your new name is "Clamato."
WELCOME, CLAMATO!
HAVE YOU MET BOZACK?
-
I love Clamato. Man, that's some tasty stuff.
-
There is something terrible about the idea of a Clamato Bloody Mary. Then again, that may be my totally morbid (but nonetheless, in my mind, rational) fear of Clamato.
I will just say that I miss the days when Ray gave advice about something other than food and pets. He used to be real, dogg. I understand that it's boring and repetitive to answer three billion e-mails about whether you should ask some guy out, but I liked it when there was more substance to the advice column, you know?
The thing is I think Onstad thought answering "real" questions was an obligation that he had to spend a lot of time on: the earliest Ray's Place columns seemed to go on forever (to the point where I didn't finish reading most of them). Eventually he got fed up and quit. Later he returned with shorter columns dealing with more trivial problems. These tend to be more enjoyable to read (for me), because it feels like he's actually enjoying writing them more.
-
There is something terrible about the idea of a Clamato Bloody Mary. Then again, that may be my totally morbid (but nonetheless, in my mind, rational) fear of Clamato.
I will just say that I miss the days when Ray gave advice about something other than food and pets. He used to be real, dogg. I understand that it's boring and repetitive to answer three billion e-mails about whether you should ask some guy out, but I liked it when there was more substance to the advice column, you know?
The thing is I think Onstad thought answering "real" questions was an obligation that he had to spend a lot of time on: the earliest Ray's Place columns seemed to go on forever (to the point where I didn't finish reading most of them). Eventually he got fed up and quit. Later he returned with shorter columns dealing with more trivial problems. These tend to be more enjoyable to read (for me), because it feels like he's actually enjoying writing them more.
Well, to each his/her own, I suppose. I personally preferred my Ray's Place with something more resembling substance, especially because Ray/'stad can give pretty good advice when the effort's there, but if it's just not worth it for him to try, that's the way it is.
-
Do you know that you can buy Clam Juice all by itself? I actually examined it the last time I was at the grocery store - it's murky and has (what I hope are) Clam bits in it. It was in a clear glass bottle, not like the can pictured below.
That's right - you can clammy up anything you like!
http://www.chincoteagueseafood.com/products/ocean_clam_juice.htm
The picture on this can makes it look like it's something you can just drink staight. Which, is, just, wow.
Side note: whenever I see "BOZACK" I think, "BALLSACK," and then "BALZAC." Yep. That's how it works for me.
-
Why certainly I know about Clam Juice. Good for making sauces. Especially clam sauces. Not so good in chocolate sauce.
-
Supercock101, I almost deleted you last night because I thought you were a signup bot.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM, NON-DOUCHEBAG HUMAN
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person sub-consciously inserting a "c" into his name.
Also, I prefer Ray's Place with a mix of mocking and real answers. The all serious ones were too long and the ones that are all "have some dignity" seem kind of cheap. A compromise was required.
-
I know I could use google, but what the fuck is clamato anyway!?
Ah well, google it is...
-
I do believe Clamato is defined as "capitalism run amok."
-
I know I could use google, but what the fuck is clamato anyway!?
Ah well, google it is...
me too, please add me to the list.
-
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in. The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.
See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."
[with apologies to Richard Jeni]
-
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in. The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.
See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."
[with apologies to Richard Jeni]
(Insert Alton Brown explanation of the evolution of clams and exact scientific classification contrasted to that of actual giraffe. Then a chowder recipe.)
-
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in. The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.
See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."
[with apologies to Richard Jeni]
(Insert Alton Brown explanation of the evolution of clams and exact scientific classification contrasted to that of actual giraffe. Then a chowder recipe.)
Shouldn't this post have a link to an old strip in it somewhere?
-
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in. The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.
See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."
http://www.cyberis.net/~innercom/Canoe/quest15.html
[with apologies to Richard Jeni]
(Insert Alton Brown explanation of the evolution of clams and exact scientific classification contrasted to that of actual giraffe. Then a chowder recipe.)
Shouldn't this post have a link to an old strip in it somewhere?
-
Clamato is basically just tomato juice with clam juice mixed in. The word is a combination of the two, like dramedy.
See, at some point someone was drinking tomato juice and thought "You know, this is pretty good, but I think it could use some giraffe."
[with apologies to Richard Jeni]
(Insert Alton Brown explanation of the evolution of clams and exact scientific classification contrasted to that of actual giraffe. Then a chowder recipe.)
Shouldn't this post have a link to an old strip in it somewhere?
Do I look like some kind of CortJstr to you?
-
Hey, when did this start getting insulting? Or was it all along and I just didn't notice? Am I in middle school again or something?
-
Am I in middle school again or something?
What makes you think anybody ever gets to leave?
-
Far too much about clams.
This morning I drove to Ottawa with a friend who needed a grad dress*. This, much to my dismay, invoved a whole lot of being in trendy teenage-girl stores in a mall. However, one store redeemed itself briefly in my eyes in having a shirt that I thought said "CLAM" in pink sequins. Alas, it turned out to say Glam. I'll never understand the younger generation.
*I'm done high school.... done high school forever....
-
one store redeemed itself briefly in my eyes in having a shirt that I thought said "CLAM" in pink sequins. Alas, it turned out to say Glam. I'll never understand the younger generation.
*I'm done high school.... done high school forever....
Was this at Le Chateau? It's sounds a lot like Le Chateau. I'm friends with a pack of queer guys who all work at Le Crap-eau - and they get really mad when I call it that. "Oh you work at Le Crap-eau? Ruining the seld-esteem of pre-teens are we?"
You'll be amazed at how certain real life situations turn out to be exactly like high school. I have been in several situations in work environments where I was suddenly back in hightschool. There is no escape from highschool. Sorry.
-
However, one store redeemed itself briefly in my eyes in having a shirt that I thought said "CLAM" in pink sequins. Alas, it turned out to say Glam.
Man, you should have bought the shirts and stripped the sequins off of the bar of the G, thus MAKING IT a shirt that says CLAM.
-
Congrats, Andalucia. No matter what they say, not being in high school usually sucks far less than being in high school.
Awesome "CLAM" t-shirt
Man, if I had some artsy-crafty skills, I'd totally start making myself candy-pink babydoll T-shirts with totally random words written in pink and purple sequins. It would be hard not to accidentally make a political statement out of it, but optimally it would work even better than my "Here Comes a Special Boy" shirt at confusing those around me.
I think I spent 85% of the money that came into my possession during seventh grade, and a fairly large amount that didn't, on sparkly nail polish from the local Destroying Pre-Teen Self-Esteem Boutique. Well, that and Magic cards. Ah, misspent youth.
-
I'm not sure where it was, having been in some sort of trendy-clothing-induced fuge state at the time, but it was definitely a Le Chateau-type place. It made me very glad I'd already invested my $20 outfit budget in a rad 60's dress. And you know, I too would like to make girlie shirts with completely inexplicable slogans, but it seems as though the market is way ahead of me on that one. That same store had a pile of shirts that said "You're Hired!" that perplexed me to no end, much after the fashion of shorts worn by girls at school that say "JUICY" on the bum. Why this is desirable or even acceptable is far beyond me.
As for high school, I enjoyed it well enough and my expectations for the real world, such as it is, aren't especially high, so I'm not particularly ecstatic. I do know that living in Montreal next year will be one hell of a step up from small-town southern Ontario, though.
-
However, one store redeemed itself briefly in my eyes in having a shirt that I thought said "CLAM" in pink sequins. Alas, it turned out to say Glam.
Man, you should have bought the shirts and stripped the sequins off of the bar of the G, thus MAKING IT a shirt that says CLAM.
This reminds me of MagicClams who was one of the funniest people back in the AOL days. About every 6 months he'd get a notice saying his account was being terminated because his name was offensive. People are crazy.