The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on June 17, 2004, 01:23:36 pm

Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 17, 2004, 01:23:36 pm
I have very little to say about this strip.  I just haven't had the opportunity to start a daily topic for a while.

I'd like to have some world leaders over for a barbecue.  That would be fun.  I'd make pulled pork.
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: Mantonio on June 17, 2004, 04:14:06 pm
This strip was funny enough that I forgot about being pissed because Onstad still isn't letting us know what's happening with Beef and Molly.  I mean, we learned that Philippe and Ray (the childhood version, anyway) are BASICALLY RACIST! Even if they didn't mean it.
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: Bozack on June 17, 2004, 05:31:31 pm
Ha, man, anything can be funny with "basically" in front. Basically treasure, basically racist, basically dumb. Good stuff.
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: V-Adore on June 17, 2004, 05:36:54 pm
Basically a decent strip.

ba-dum!

I'm sorry. It's been a long day already and I am very tired.
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: jough on June 17, 2004, 05:43:31 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

I'd like to have some world leaders over for a barbecue.  That would be fun.  I'd make pulled pork.


Yeah, that'd go over very well with the Jews and Muslims.

I guess Onstad's taking a break from "the funny" for awhile and going with the "vaguely disinteresting."

Shame.  The Burned-Down Heaven storyline has so much promise, and the 'stad can't think of anything to do with it.
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: wombat on June 17, 2004, 06:03:17 pm
I beg to differ.  I am sure he can think of what to do with it.  He just wants to torture us by making us wait to find out.  He enjoys seeing us writhe under his mighty powers of emotional manipulation with which he can make us suffer agonies over the fate of a probably temporarily dead cartoon cat.  Of course I mean he would enjoy it, that is, if he read the messageboard.

No, no, I mean he kindly granted my wish to see Philippe again!  And to have a respite from all the tragedy!  Thank you!



PS. Carlos, love the avatar.
pps. counting down the minutes till the grammar cops debate starts on that usage of 'disinteresting'.
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: miles on June 18, 2004, 02:00:41 am
Now don't get me wrong.  I love Philippe.  He's great.  I plan on voting for him.  The frist strips I ever read featured him, and I was hooked instantly.  It's just that lately he doesn't seem to have the same charm.  I'm a bit tired of Candidate Philippe.

Quote from: "wombat"
No, no, I mean he kindly granted my wish to see Philippe again!
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: St_Zartan on June 18, 2004, 03:17:10 am
Quote from: "miles"
I'm a bit tired of Candidate Philippe.


Funny, I'm the other way around. I really didn't care for the whole Philippe for President storyline at all when it began (the highlights of the first chunk probably being Todd's interview and "Tell me you're not financing his campaign"), but the last few strips have been really quite funny. Maybe Onstad is just writing a Philippe / Prez strip whenever he thinks of something funny to do with it, as opposed to feeling obligated to carry an entire arc with the concept.
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: miles on June 18, 2004, 03:36:16 am
The storyline isn't that bad.  It just seems that Philippe's a bit different than before.  Kinda miss the old guy.

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "miles"
I'm a bit tired of Candidate Philippe.


Funny, I'm the other way around. I really didn't care for the whole Philippe for President storyline at all when it began (the highlights of the first chunk probably being Todd's interview and "Tell me you're not financing his campaign"), but the last few strips have been really quite funny. Maybe Onstad is just writing a Philippe / Prez strip whenever he thinks of something funny to do with it, as opposed to feeling obligated to carry an entire arc with the concept.
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: jough on June 18, 2004, 06:56:39 am
I never thought "Cum on Feel the Noise" would someday spawn a .sig quote.

Wild wild wild.
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 18, 2004, 03:56:00 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

I'd like to have some world leaders over for a barbecue.  That would be fun.  I'd make pulled pork.


Yeah, that'd go over very well with the Jews and Muslims.
Quote


When I wrote that, I thought about adding "plus something else for the Jews and Muslims," but opted not to bother.  Leave it to Jough to call me out on it.

wombat, thanks for the avatar props.  I decided having the title and location, AND the avatar of the Mayor, was a little too obvious.  Moo I say, moo.
Title: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: andalucia on June 18, 2004, 07:28:40 pm
Aie.  I didn't like this one so much.
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: Noah on April 30, 2007, 05:42:38 pm
just wanted to say

it says tought TATTIE

not TATTLE
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: Doc on April 30, 2007, 10:41:51 pm
tought

tough

while we're being picky.
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: Noah on May 01, 2007, 01:40:51 am
well it's weird, in the discuss thing asherdan is like "it's a tough tattle because blah" and in the transcription it says tattle and in the message board thread everybody says tattle but it says TATTIE it's WEIRD
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: iron_felix on May 02, 2007, 06:00:29 am
I'd always figured that "tough tattie" was a variation on "tough titty."  "Tough tattle" doesn't really make as much sense, at least not to me.

I loved this strip.  I sent a copy to some of my friends once when they nominated me for president of a club I was in at the time (I lost by a landslide, but this was hardly the deciding factor.)
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 02, 2007, 03:42:36 pm
I picture some stanford type kid who just needs money for grass.
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: jaydub on May 02, 2007, 05:21:05 pm
Ever since the "Learn to Weep the Weepy Weep Way" strip I've pictured him as the guy on that label.
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: V-Adore on May 02, 2007, 07:11:18 pm
Ever since the "Learn to Weep the Weepy Weep Way" strip I've pictured him as the guy on that label.
Well, that would explain why the T-shirts take so long to get out. Really cultivating his Weepy Weeping only leaves the guy about two hours a day to work.
Title: Re: June 17: Diplomacy's a tough tattle
Post by: side_show on May 02, 2007, 08:45:32 pm
Plus you'd need to figure in drying time for tear-saturated clothing items, and with all the water damage Onstad has to probably draw and then re-draw all the personalized stuff over and over.