The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: linnea on June 20, 2004, 12:37:59 am

Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 20, 2004, 12:37:59 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Nice Avatar Linnea.  Is it a self-portrait?


And is that a frog in your hand or what??


Heh! Why, yes indeedy, it is a self-portrait (http://home.comcast.net/~linnea78/images/cam.jpg).

And that is not a frog, it is my beloved kitty, Lennybruce. (http://home.comcast.net/~linnea78/len_caffeine.jpg) ^_^

I got the avatar here: http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml. Don't be intimidated by the seemingly long list of features...although it takes a long time to make one (about four and a half minutes). They are rad.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: andalucia on June 20, 2004, 02:55:25 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
I got the avatar here: http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml. Don't be intimidated by the seemingly long list of features...although it takes a long time to make one (about four and a half minutes). They are rad.


I've used that thingy before.  Most disconcerting.
(http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v225/trylon_perisphere/1087743255_616en.gif)

Edit:  According to my closest approximation and the other-thingy Choop linked to, I look like this:
(http://img74.photobucket.com/albums/v225/trylon_perisphere/avatar.jpg)
Sorta.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: jough on June 20, 2004, 05:31:12 pm
(http://achewood.plagiarist.com/images/jough.gif)

Except for the hair (they had no mini-pompadors, and no dirty blonde colour) this looks surprisingly like me.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: slink on June 20, 2004, 06:03:58 pm
Except for the cigarette (which we can pretend is a joint) and a coffee, it looks nothing like me.
The shades are totally different, the hair's all wrong, the face shape is wrong, the nose is wrong, the ears are wrong...

Apart from that though...

(http://www.canadian-studies.net/slink/slinkt.jpg)

I was very, very bored, and am now desperately trying not to think...

Addition: At least this one features some more anime hairstyle, and allows purple...
(http://www.canadian-studies.net/slink/slink2.jpg)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: Choop on June 20, 2004, 06:30:32 pm
(http://www.10mar2001.com/images/abistation.gif)

That's about as close as I can get.

Here's another site I made an avatar from a while back:

(http://www.10mar2001.com/images/dookyweb.gif) (http://www.dookyweb.com/index.php?seccion=avatars)

Meh.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: slink on June 20, 2004, 06:58:25 pm
See, everyone looks remarkably far more like their than I do mine...
Except maybe yours Andalucia?

It's probably because they don't offer either a suitable purple or anime style quiff.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: wombat on June 20, 2004, 08:25:08 pm
This was strangely fascinating.

I don't know if this looks like me, but it does capture the vague look of confusion and distress that is characteristic at the moment, and I like the odd small mammal.

(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/hachiko.gif)

Also I am standing in front of a statue of a famous dog in Japan, where I'd much rather be than here right now.  It's kind of stupid that they make your head cover the important part of the background picture, but I know it's there and that's what counts.

ps Surely time to split this thread...
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 20, 2004, 09:34:11 pm
Heh, thanks to the mods for making this a thread in its own right. <3
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: V-Adore on June 20, 2004, 11:36:23 pm
Well, I fiddled with this for a while, and I wasn't quite able to make myself look like I didn't have Down Syndrome, but to be fair, this is also a problem with normal photos. Thus:

(http://userpic.livejournal.com/16335367/722610)

(The background represents our college's single Japanese classroom, in which I will have had classes for my entire undergraduate experience. It's like my home away from home.)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: St_Zartan on June 21, 2004, 01:36:59 am
(http://mywebpage.netscape.com/zartan00001/avatar.gif)

Great. It thinks I'm (http://mywebpage.netscape.com/zartan00001/thirsty.jpg) Ladytron.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: jough on June 21, 2004, 03:29:16 am
Zart, is that a really thin 80s tie?
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: St_Zartan on June 21, 2004, 04:07:09 am
Quote from: "jough"
Zart, is that a really thin 80s tie?


You bet your White Irish Ass. Skinny monochromatic ties are all I'll wear, if I can find them; I know what works and I'm fuck*ng well sticking with it.

(I bought the tie five years ago, and have no actual idea when it rolled off the assembly line. Apologies to you and yours / budding socio-historians.)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: Bozack on June 21, 2004, 04:15:03 am
(http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Bozack/1087791017_892en.jpg)

How many people could be named Harvey PE-kar?
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: V-Adore on June 21, 2004, 07:38:48 am
Zartan's tie rocks my world.

This is all.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: Gimpson on June 21, 2004, 12:49:53 pm
They didn't have anything between slight five o'clock shadow and full bushy beard with handlebar moustache, so this'll have to do.  

(http://www.gimpysoft.com/images/misc/ryantoon.gif)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: jay-ell on June 21, 2004, 04:28:51 pm
What?!?! No braids (http://www.x-omega.com/jamie/braids.jpg)!?!?

Ah, well.  Piggies and a 'do-rag will have to suffice.  (Yes, I really do.)  

This looks like a much younger version of me.  
(http://www.x-omega.com/jamie/jamiepic.gif)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: CortJstr on June 21, 2004, 04:46:11 pm
Deploy the storTrooper!

(http://members.aol.com/Odysseyan/storTrooper-sh.gif)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: sjlimmer on June 21, 2004, 07:54:57 pm
(http://students.washington.edu/sjlimmer/untitled3.gif)

Not even close, but good enough.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: St_Zartan on June 21, 2004, 07:55:50 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
(http://www.gimpysoft.com/images/misc/ryantoon.gif)


I want to go back in time like 150 years and buy commodities futures from this guy.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 21, 2004, 08:10:05 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
(http://www.10mar2001.com/images/abistation.gif)

That's about as close as I can get.



This is surprisingly accurate.

As is this, at least once my hair grows out to where I want it and February rolls around. And no, I don't know that it's a girl.

(http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/Dawg2.gif)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2004, 03:16:05 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
And that is not a frog, it is my beloved kitty, Lennybruce. (http://home.comcast.net/~linnea78/len_caffeine.jpg) ^_^


For the love of god, that cat is so crazy cool.  I've never seen a cat with different coloured eyes before!  And a great name too - I hope Lennybruce swears a lot!
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 23, 2004, 05:43:00 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "linnea"
And that is not a frog, it is my beloved kitty, Lennybruce. (http://home.comcast.net/~linnea78/len_caffeine.jpg) ^_^


For the love of god, that cat is so crazy cool.  I've never seen a cat with different coloured eyes before!  And a great name too - I hope Lennybruce swears a lot!


Ha, ha! Yes, he certainly DOES. He's got a hella foul mouth, and if he were a person he'd be married to a stripper. Actually, both Lennybruce and his brother, Milan (http://home.comcast.net/~linnea78/images/milan_christmas.jpg), EACH have one gold eye and one blue eye. They are so goddamn cute ^_^
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2004, 06:50:58 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
(http://mywebpage.netscape.com/zartan00001/avatar.gif)

Great. It thinks I'm (http://mywebpage.netscape.com/zartan00001/thirsty.jpg) Ladytron.


Thankfully in real life you don't have detached hair that floats just below your years.

Also, in the photo you look like an underling has displeased you in some way that will probably lead to dismemberment.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 24, 2004, 02:26:07 pm
Is Milan a SCOTTISH FOLD?!?

“Hewwo! How awe yew?”

(N.B. if you enter "achewood 'scottish fold' on Google you get precisely two hits, one for Ray's Place and one for this site.)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: side_show on June 24, 2004, 03:03:44 pm
I take it since your refer to them as siblings and since they both have one eye of each colour that they are actually biological brothers, and yet Milan has Scottish fold-like ears while LennyBruce does not.  Ain't biology neat?!
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: andalucia on June 24, 2004, 03:12:55 pm
Scottish folds are like the king of awesome as far as cats are concerned.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 24, 2004, 03:14:02 pm
Yes and YES!!

XD

I wrote a letter to Ray shortly after the entire Scottish Fold debacle. He PUBLISHED IT! (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=09022003&allnav=) You can also Google "linnea Ray's Place" and it'll bring it up. ^_^

Yes, Milan and Lennybruce are siblings! (http://home.comcast.net/~linnea78/ml.html) I love having littermates--it was the best decision that I ever made. <3 They spend hours playing kitty jiu-jitsu and running around and taking naps together. The best is when Lenny tries to groom Milan's sad little ears. :)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: side_show on June 24, 2004, 03:37:23 pm
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Those cats are so damn cute I want to squish them.  I also have litter mates: sisters who were abandoned by wiccan lovers who lived in my bf's appartment before we moved in.  Sometimes I joke that these two women discovered life was better as cats and used their magic to become the two cats we now own.  Life is definitly good for wiccan-lovers-turned-cats in our household.  It's a taste of the nip whenever you like and belly-rubs often home for the girls.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 24, 2004, 04:11:46 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Those cats are so damn cute I want to squish them.


Dude. Check it out... one of the folks on another forum made this for me.

{{edit. I have been informed that this image macro is just not classy. Please delete your browser history.}}
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: jough on June 24, 2004, 04:49:27 pm
oh dear lord...
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: side_show on June 24, 2004, 04:53:45 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
Quote from: "side_show"
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Those cats are so damn cute I want to squish them.


Dude. Check it out... one of the folks on another forum made this for me.

(http://home.comcast.net/~linnea78/images/ahhh.gif)


Wow, cute and horribly, horribly alarming at the same time!
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: andalucia on June 24, 2004, 04:56:42 pm
Jesus fuck.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: Choop on June 24, 2004, 05:05:54 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Jesus fuck.


I know I couldn't have put that any better.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 24, 2004, 05:09:39 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "andalucia"
Jesus fuck.


I know I couldn't have put that any better.


Ha, ha! God, I fuck*ng love that little animated gif. It dances a little jig! Hee! Pure fuck*ng artistry.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: jough on June 24, 2004, 06:15:48 pm
Code: [Select]

plagiarist01: root
password: *********************

bash> mysql

mysql# open db Achewood
Achewood open.
mysql# UPDATE Achewood.users SET banned='1' WHERE user_name='linnea';
Done.
mysql# /q
Goodbye.

bash> logout

You have been disconnected.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: arkabee on June 24, 2004, 08:08:49 pm
wh-wh-why doesn't the kitty have a body?
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 24, 2004, 08:18:18 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Code: [Select]

plagiarist01: root
password: *********************

bash> mysql

mysql# open db Achewood
Achewood open.
mysql# UPDATE Achewood.users SET banned='1' WHERE user_name='linnea';
Done.
mysql# /q
Goodbye.

bash> logout

You have been disconnected.


D:

D'oh. Sorry, Jough. Image deleted due to lack of classiness.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: jough on June 24, 2004, 08:24:07 pm
Well, alright then.

Now if others would just hold you up as an example and delete their posts with a lack of class, the board would have only three dozen posts.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: Bozack on June 24, 2004, 08:38:56 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Well, alright then.

Now if others would just hold you up as an example and delete their posts with a lack of class, the board would have only three dozen posts.


And they would all be yours.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: jough on June 24, 2004, 08:51:07 pm
Yes, I have an abundance of class.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: CortJstr on June 24, 2004, 08:56:22 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Yes, I have an abundance of class.

There is something inherently funny about this sentence not matter who says it.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: V-Adore on June 24, 2004, 11:00:07 pm
I appear to have missed something strange and horrible, but I will just say: Milan is adorable. So is Lennybruce, but oh, those Scottish Fold ears.

My family's first set of cats, back when I was a wee small child, were a pair of tuxedo littermates named Puff and Cotton. Cotton, sadly, was exploded by a car at about age one and a half, but Puff is nineteen years old and still with us. She's outlived two and a half* cats, and we're starting to wonder how much of that may be foul play on her part.

* Cotton; Nermal, a subsequent tuxedo who was found dead in our raspberry bushes, presumably of natural causes; and Rex, who is probably not dead but ran away nine days ago and is probably gone for good, idiot cat that he is.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 30, 2004, 04:45:31 am
V-Adore: 'sploded by a car? :( That sucks. I hope that Puff is innocent of the foul murders that have colored her past.

Heh! Okay. I'm going to repost the dreaded image macro. Bwahahahaha.  Tacky? OF COURSE IT IS... it's an animated gif of a dancing Scottish Fold head. I love it. ^_^

All-Singing, All-Dancing Torsoless Scottish Fold (http://home.comcast.net/~linnea78/images/ahhh.gif)


[MOD'D FROM MEXICO -- Choop]

[FIX'D FROM NORTH JERSEY -- Jough]
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: V-Adore on June 30, 2004, 08:18:49 am
Holy crap, that's both beautiful and terrifying. I applaud you.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: Mite on June 30, 2004, 02:26:35 pm
Should have...sent....a poet.....
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: andalucia on June 30, 2004, 03:26:41 pm
JOUGH.  FIX IT.
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: jough on June 30, 2004, 06:08:25 pm
DONE
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: linnea on June 30, 2004, 08:10:01 pm
Buuuuuuuurrrrrn.

:(
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: V-Adore on June 30, 2004, 09:06:04 pm
I just don't think the world is ready for it.

(And also I can generally applaud the board's commitment to a lack of gigantic anigifs, even if occasionally it limits strange dancing Scottish Fold heads.)
Title: The Avatar of Dorian Gray
Post by: Choop on July 03, 2004, 04:50:21 am
Ouch. Out-done by a former moderator.