The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: starlight on June 21, 2004, 10:22:44 am

Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: starlight on June 21, 2004, 10:22:44 am
Wow!  Beef got some!  I wouldn't have expected this development on a monday.

...that's all I've gotta say right now.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: wombat on June 21, 2004, 11:16:43 am
I'd love to be happy for him - but surely it's going to turn out to be a dream or something, right?
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: AugustWest on June 21, 2004, 12:19:12 pm
Go Beef!
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: MSC on June 21, 2004, 01:20:28 pm
This entire strip is just very disturbing.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: CortJstr on June 21, 2004, 01:26:26 pm
It looks like Beef is trying not to swear in front of his lady friend. "Heck of lame."

And check out the Pepsi can lamp.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: statto on June 21, 2004, 02:01:49 pm
<HOLY CRAP>

beef got laid

</HOLY CRAP>
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 21, 2004, 02:06:21 pm
ROAST BEEF IS ALL UP INS!

This strip isn't disturbing.  Beef and Molly are very cute together.  I just shudder to think about how Ray or Lyle or Todd is going to show up and make things awful.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Pedro Picasso on June 21, 2004, 02:19:40 pm
That was beautiful.  That made Monday morning beautiful.  *Ahhh*
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Formica on June 21, 2004, 03:21:04 pm
Knowing 'stad, it's probably a dream. Beef will wake up and see numerous condom wrappers and spent shell casings lying on the floor, and a stack of Netflix envelopes scattered around, which he will promptly bury in the backyard after Gramma screams at him for being so messy. It will become the latest Saddest Thing.

I would point out that this is possibly the most intimate Achewood ever in terms of actually displaying characters in any kind of coital liason, as opposed to packing Hot Lunches in the dumbwaiter while talking about Ray's 'maxing habits.

edit: Molly's wit is so earnest. <3
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 21, 2004, 05:04:35 pm
Quote from: "Formica"

I would point out that this is possibly the most intimate Achewood ever in terms of actually displaying characters in any kind of coital liason, as opposed to packing Hot Lunches in the dumbwaiter while talking about Ray's 'maxing habits.


Oh really. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04302003)
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Formica on June 21, 2004, 06:07:24 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

Oh really. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04302003)

I stand corrected.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Bozack on June 21, 2004, 06:16:21 pm
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING.

Dang it, man, this comic makes me want to go make mix-tapes with Yo La Tengo on them.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: V-Adore on June 21, 2004, 08:14:38 pm
This had better not turn out to be a horrible dream, or I am going to scowl at Onstad remotely so bad.

Cute, though. Very cute.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: St_Zartan on June 21, 2004, 08:25:14 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

Oh really. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04302003)

I stand corrected.


->UNNNNH<-

I'm falling in with the "This Is Not Really Happening" crowd. For someone who was taught about kissing on the moon, via satellite, by Ray "That Advice Must Have Sounded A Lot Better In His Head" Smuckles, Beef is awfully cutesy and confident. That, and it's this little perfect slice of already-established domestic "bliss", Beef-style: all in the middle of a Netflix subscription, all having a dinky little Pepsi-can lamp that would survive an actual cohabitation situation not one hellblazing moment, etc etc.

All That Condom Trash, indeed. You animal.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: jough on June 22, 2004, 12:41:49 am
Yeah, re: the Netflix subscription - they seem to have suddenly been together for awhile.  And where's Granny K?
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Ben-San on June 22, 2004, 08:17:59 pm
It only just occurred to me to wonder: since when has Beef worried about whether his buns were showing or not? He usually goes around cat-naked. Did he take his fur off to get with Molly or something?
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: jough on June 22, 2004, 08:44:50 pm
Ahem.

Then what's he do with all those under##### (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08182003)?
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Formica on June 22, 2004, 09:01:33 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Ahem.

Then what's he do with all those under##### (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08182003)?

I always assumed that was an expression of Beef's schitzophrenia and/or OCD: He is incapable of wearing a pair of tighty whities more than once, as simple machine washing with a phosphoric solution as well as a chlorine based bleach or other such whitening agent is insufficient to remove the stains of uncleanliness that taint his nether regions. Buying them a year at a time, of course, represents the cyclical nature of the compulsion.

That would explain why he would consider it wasteful, as he would be pulling a pair from the fresh pile, wearing it for six feet, inserting the disc, returning, and destroying the now-soiled junk holder.

edited for clarification
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Ben-San on June 22, 2004, 10:13:19 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Ahem.

Then what's he do with all those under##### (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08182003)?


I always sort of figured that since he had a dresser he felt morally obliged to put under##### in the under##### drawer, socks in the sock drawer, etc. even if he never actually wore them outside the occasional disguise for a caper. Something like that.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 22, 2004, 10:17:55 pm
Maybe he wears them under his fur.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: arkabee on June 23, 2004, 01:07:24 pm
i thought he was buying under##### because he was wearing jeans.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2004, 02:57:40 pm
I love the alt text, and it really should have been the name of this thread.  Foils and Spoils.

p.s.: AlohaDawg, your new avatar upsets me intensely!
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: CortJstr on June 23, 2004, 04:27:34 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
p.s.: AlohaDawg, your new avatar upsets me intensely!

It looks like he's going to eat the baby.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: jough on June 23, 2004, 04:34:46 pm
Quote from: "side_show"

p.s.: AlohaDawg, your new avatar upsets me intensely!


I know.  It looks like he's getting ready to eat the baby.

I also scan the forums and read or skip posts based on who posted them, and without the little ape I don't know to skip yours!


EDIT: I DID NOT READ CORT'S POST BEFORE POSTING MY REPLY
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: CortJstr on June 23, 2004, 04:40:38 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I also scan the forums and read or skip posts based on who posted them, and without the little ape I don't know to skip yours!


EDIT: I DID NOT READ CORT'S POST BEFORE POSTING MY REPLY

Loser Status in the Pecking Order: Confirmed.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: jough on June 23, 2004, 04:41:29 pm
Don't forget that I can make your posts disappear, Cort.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: andalucia on June 23, 2004, 05:11:32 pm
Haha, jough.  I was about to comment on the creepiness of said avatar but I'm glad now that that particular interpretation did not leap to mind.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2004, 06:11:36 pm
I'm going to eat your baby!!!
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: AugustWest on June 23, 2004, 06:23:33 pm
I move that we start calling AlohaDawg "Dingo".
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2004, 06:40:04 pm
AugustWest gets double bonus points for that reference!
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: V-Adore on June 23, 2004, 07:11:43 pm
I think I'm more disturbed by the inference that AlohaDawg (and also presumably Mrs. Dawg) would dress their child in a pink coverall with a hood and floppy ears.

Especially if said child is a boy.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 23, 2004, 10:23:56 pm
Fuck all y'all. If it creeps you out THAT bad I'll change it already.

Personally,  being the kind of guy that is excited about the prospect of having another kid in February doesn't bother me in the least.

Sorry to have made you all uncomfortable.

/irrational rant.

Mostly kidding but since I don't really want to hear any more negativity, the old avatar is coming back. After all, we are in the latter half of our thirties and all the good energy gatherable would be appreciated...
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Choop on June 23, 2004, 11:08:11 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
After all, we are in the latter half of our thirties


Hey! Speak for yourself, Pops.



edit: jay kay bang ell oh ell bang
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 23, 2004, 11:22:19 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
After all, we are in the latter half of our thirties


Hey! Speak for yourself, Pops.



I <was>, sonny. Me and the Mom-to-be-again. Unless you know something I don't  know...
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: AugustWest on June 24, 2004, 02:24:22 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Personally,  being the kind of guy that is excited about the prospect of having another kid in February doesn't bother me in the least.

Why, I think I speak for all of us when I promise you all the good energy we can muster.  And we're excited about the prospect of a new baby as well.  

We just don't want it to get eaten.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: V-Adore on June 24, 2004, 02:53:08 am
Allow me to note:

I was kidding. Best wishes to you and the family, and may the baby bring you great joy. Furthermore, feel free to dress it however you wish, even if that involves floppy ears.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: andalucia on June 24, 2004, 03:08:00 am
Especially if that involves floppy ears.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: AugustWest on June 24, 2004, 03:30:17 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
After all, we are in the latter half of our thirties


Hey! Speak for yourself, Pops.



I <was>, sonny. Me and the Mom-to-be-again. Unless you know something I don't  know...


These damn whippersnappers!

GIT OFFA MY LAWN!!!!
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: arkabee on June 24, 2004, 01:12:35 pm
I didn't think you were going to eat your baby.

if that's any consolation.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Bozack on June 24, 2004, 01:32:06 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
I didn't think you were going to eat your baby.

if that's any consolation.


Arkabee, i think that that is the BEST consolation!
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: arkabee on June 25, 2004, 03:56:07 am
um.

i just realized i have no idea what "Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo" means.

is that a euphamism for sex?

airplane is kind of phallic, but sort of ambiguous. i mean, wings are for panty liners, aren't they?

but, zoo?

i'm confused.

it does seem odd that beef and molly having sex, and then dealing with contraceptive clean up is the spawn of a thread about babies.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: V-Adore on June 25, 2004, 04:01:54 am
Quote from: "arkabee"
airplane is kind of phallic, but sort of ambiguous. i mean, wings are for panty liners, aren't they?

Congratulations, ark, this is one of the strangest phrases I've read on the Internet lately. In a good way.

Quote
it does seem odd that beef and molly having sex, and then dealing with contraceptive clean up is the spawn of a thread about babies.

Welcome to the board, young tooth. Observe its migrations -- consider that this is relatively on-topic.

Perhaps I should split it... but that would be modly. Hum.
Title: Here comes the airplane headed for the zoo - 6/21/04
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 25, 2004, 03:32:17 pm
What August said.  Except the part about the second kid because I'm not there yet.

There is never a good time to have kids.  You're never ready.  There's always something.  I wanted to wait until we bought a house, but it looked like that was going to take forever, so screw it (though we did just buy a house this month).  Eventually, if you know you want to do it, you just have to do it.  

The world needs good parents.  Congrats to those who are joining the ranks, or are re-affirming that status.