The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on June 22, 2004, 12:52:49 pm

Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 22, 2004, 12:52:49 pm
WTF? Also, did anyone notice the Eggs and Milk Calculator link?
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: AugustWest on June 22, 2004, 01:06:53 pm
Try to keep up, won't you? (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=1091)

Looks like Molly might be around for a while.  This presents the potential for some excellent sturm und drang.  I wonder how long before the happy couple has their first fight?  Maybe Pat will start birddoggin' Beef's chick.  The possibilities are endless.
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: jough on June 22, 2004, 03:07:15 pm
I'm not sure I get the joke in the last panel - so Ray is all paranoid, a la Goodfellas?
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: TALKYdude on June 22, 2004, 03:27:02 pm
I'm trying to get this: is the guy delivering abalone meat via helicopter? What? And maybe the abalone helicopter is on Ray's roof? I'm trying to get this. I mentioned this!
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: Formica on June 22, 2004, 04:00:20 pm
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
I'm trying to get this: is the guy delivering abalone meat via helicopter? What? And maybe the abalone helicopter is on Ray's roof? I'm trying to get this. I mentioned this!

I saw it more as Ray's paranoia, believing that his abalone guy is somewhat shady and is thus under surveillance by the Department of giraffe And Game or some other such agency or force.

I can't tell if Ray is trying to impress Molly, thus affirming his place as Beef's cool best friend, or if he's just trying to one up Beef in some kind of dominance game. I see both as likely.
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 22, 2004, 04:22:08 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
I'm trying to get this: is the guy delivering abalone meat via helicopter? What? And maybe the abalone helicopter is on Ray's roof? I'm trying to get this. I mentioned this!

I saw it more as Ray's paranoia, believing that his abalone guy is somewhat shady and is thus under surveillance by the Department of giraffe And Game or some other such agency or force.

I can't tell if Ray is trying to impress Molly, thus affirming his place as Beef's cool best friend, or if he's just trying to one up Beef in some kind of dominance game. I see both as likely.


She doesn't look impressed. I fear Lie Bot may be involved.
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: JorgeFabregas on June 22, 2004, 04:32:20 pm
I interpreted it as Ray being totally wrapped up in his opulent concerns and Beef and Molly not being able to relate to him as a result.
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: TALKYdude on June 22, 2004, 04:37:43 pm
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "Formica"

I saw it more as Ray's paranoia, believing that his abalone guy is somewhat shady and is thus under surveillance by the Department of giraffe And Game or some other such agency or force.

I can't tell if Ray is trying to impress Molly, thus affirming his place as Beef's cool best friend, or if he's just trying to one up Beef in some kind of dominance game. I see both as likely.


She doesn't look impressed. I fear Lie Bot may be involved.
No! My heart just stopped.
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: V-Adore on June 22, 2004, 05:59:25 pm
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
I interpreted it as Ray being totally wrapped up in his opulent concerns and Beef and Molly not being able to relate to him as a result.

I more or less share this impression. I think that Beef and Molly went over so that they could connect with Ray, but Ray took this as an opportunity to flex his "ridiculously wealthy music star" muscles, and by the time he started talking about his grill they were more or less fully alienated. (The fact that he's grilling abalone, which I have never attempted but which my gut instincts say you shouldn't grill, is more evidence for this.)

I wish I had a pool table made of yttrium, though.
Title: Yttrium Pool Table - 06/22/2004
Post by: Paisley on June 25, 2004, 09:44:08 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
(The fact that he's grilling abalone, which I have never attempted but which my gut instincts say you shouldn't grill, is more evidence for this.)

http://www.giraffetech.com/recipe11.html

Sounds pretty tasty, actually.