The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Gimpson on June 23, 2004, 12:28:23 pm

Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: Gimpson on June 23, 2004, 12:28:23 pm
I can attest to the fact that you do not get those from programmin' a computer.  

The last couple of panels causes me grief.  Pat was not wearing ##### the whole strip, but somehow when he removes his shirt, he suddenly looks nude.
Title: Re: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: Mantonio on June 23, 2004, 01:51:55 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
I can attest to the fact that you do not get those from programmin' a computer.  

The last couple of panels causes me grief.  Pat was not wearing ***** the whole strip, but somehow when he removes his shirt, he suddenly looks nude.


Yea, I don't think I needed to see that - I was planning to have breakfast!

Oh, and this thread should have been called "That is dog shit."
Title: Re: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: MSC on June 23, 2004, 02:13:33 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
The last couple of panels causes me grief.  Pat was not wearing ***** the whole strip, but somehow when he removes his shirt, he suddenly looks nude.


I share your grief.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: CortJstr on June 23, 2004, 02:37:53 pm
Great, now Pat's an asshole and stacked. This is can certainly only help society at large.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: AugustWest on June 23, 2004, 02:39:33 pm
I for one am always glad to see Pat.  Anybody who is that much of an asshole invariably makes for great comedy.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: Lane on June 23, 2004, 02:42:17 pm
I wonder if Beef is right, and I should eat more scallops?
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: AugustWest on June 23, 2004, 03:06:03 pm
What the hell is a "Fitness Celebrity" anyway.

Also, all this thinking about Pat has effected me.  I'm definitely having Subway for lunch.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: St_Zartan on June 23, 2004, 03:09:08 pm
God damn it, Roast Beef, quit saying "such as" in place of the conversational "like". It is unnatural and nine kinds of stilted.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: CortJstr on June 23, 2004, 04:31:18 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
What the hell is a "Fitness Celebrity" anyway.

Richard Simmons.  Susan Powter (sp?)

Quote
Also, all this thinking about Pat has effected me.  I'm definitely having Subway for lunch.

Not me! I had Makes You Blow Your Instestines Out Your Anus. AKA Taco Bell.

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
God damn it, Roast Beef, quit saying "such as" in place of the conversational "like". It is unnatural and nine kinds of stilted.

Not all the kinds of stilted, but merely nine of the types os stilted that were available to Beef.

Anyway, I like it sometimes but midsentence like that does knock down the readability quite a bit.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: jough on June 23, 2004, 04:33:02 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
What the hell is a "Fitness Celebrity" anyway.


The strip is a link, dude.  Click it.

Quote
Also, all this thinking about Pat has effected me.  I'm definitely having Subway for lunch.


Affected?
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: AugustWest on June 23, 2004, 04:41:22 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
What the hell is a "Fitness Celebrity" anyway.


The strip is a link, dude.  Click it.


I know that.  The link is where the words "Fitness Celebrity" were used.  Dammit.

Quote from: "Mr. Nasty"

Quote
Also, all this thinking about Pat has effected me.  I'm definitely having Subway for lunch.


Affected?


Touché.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: Bozack on June 23, 2004, 05:42:22 pm
I am of the belief that Jough should legally change his name to Mr. Nasty or Mr. Thang.
AND BECOME A SUPERHERO IN MY COMIC.
No, seriously, that is dog shit.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: Turbo Ninja on June 23, 2004, 06:06:30 pm
Do you think calling something "dog shit" is doubly meaningful when you're a cat?
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: arlucasinc on June 23, 2004, 06:40:43 pm
I can see Pat getting really pissed about that dog shit comment and stone cold killing Beef with his bare hands.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: side_show on June 23, 2004, 06:59:55 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
What the hell is a "Fitness Celebrity" anyway.

Also, all this thinking about Pat has effected me.  I'm definitely having Subway for lunch.


I had Subway for lunch today as well for the same reason.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: V-Adore on June 23, 2004, 07:08:30 pm
Man, stacked Pat is really quite terrifying. Especially since, yes, he now looks nude with no ##### even though he didn't before.
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: sailor on June 24, 2004, 01:07:09 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Great, now Pat's an asshole and stacked. This is can certainly only help society at large.


ain't it pretty much like that all the time anyway?
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: doomglobe on June 24, 2004, 05:00:23 pm
This strip is definitely influenced by the movie 'dodgeball'.  August West is right, assholes do make for good comedy, and pat is just exactly like the jackass ben stiller plays in that movie.

August is this the half of your life you spent doin time for some other fella's crime, or the half where you just stumble around drinkin' burgundy wine?
Title: Such as eating scallops - 06.23.2004
Post by: AugustWest on June 24, 2004, 05:13:12 pm
Quote from: "doomglobe"

August is this the half of your life you spent doin time for some other fella's crime, or the half where you just stumble around drinkin' burgundy wine?


Not sure.  During the day it seems like the former, at night more like the latter.

I do, however, often get the urge to get up and fly away.