The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on May 18, 2004, 08:10:58 pm

Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 18, 2004, 08:10:58 pm
Hey, not to be paranoid or anything but look at Sara's join date. Then read her two posts, look at her location and look at the link she posted for her URL.

Now tell me, Is this Jough's girlfriend? Alter ego? Did Jough <Really> go on vacation?

Not that there is anything damning about that, it's probably a funny coincidence. Or something.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on May 18, 2004, 08:47:31 pm
Conspiracy theory! Conspiracy theory!  Let's all have a conspiracy theory!
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 18, 2004, 09:07:09 pm
A one-man conspiracy? What does that even mean? And to what end?

I just think it looks a little giraffey is all.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Choop on May 18, 2004, 09:16:30 pm
I think sara might be the better half of number one.

If he'd admit to having a better half (and I don't mean "Nice Jough"), that is. So far her posts speak volumes for the type of lady she must be, which would probably suit Jough very well.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: sara on May 18, 2004, 09:24:19 pm
aHEM

Hi.  I'm right here. -waves-

Jough is on vacation, but only from the internet.  Since I'm minding his web sites this week he asked me to poke around here a little too, to "keep them in line."

Them being you people.

I have, however, read some posts aloud to him, so his internet vacation is only half-hearted.

Later,

 8)
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: slink on May 18, 2004, 10:08:56 pm
And there I just thought he had spent the weekend writing a script that would SMS him every new post made with topic title attached.

Now he's gone and used those dormant telepathic abilities (what happens when you heighten your sixth sense and then get the fifth back again).

Edit: Should that not be He's, Asherdan?
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: slink on May 18, 2004, 10:41:01 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"

I expect the Lords of Grammar will exact a terrible retribution on me at some point for this peccadillo.


Not 'til he gets back online though.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: wombat on May 18, 2004, 11:01:26 pm
I just went 12 whole hours without access to the internet - not even anyone reading posts to me.  I'm fine except for that little twitch in my eye...
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 18, 2004, 11:32:34 pm
I still say that's Jough. I knew he couldn't keep away. Even S/he says the internet vacation is only half-hearted...besides, no introduction? No formal granting of his mad mod powers to sara?

I just don't believe it. I'm still not ready to unleash the text-messaging army yet, but...
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: andalucia on May 18, 2004, 11:36:27 pm
If so, he would have had to invent her during the eye débâcle.  And my position on that is he's crazy, but not that crazy.  
Hi sara.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Choop on May 18, 2004, 11:49:41 pm
Proof, for Mods only. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=14091#14091) (Sorry, the rest of you!)
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: slink on May 18, 2004, 11:53:49 pm
Yea I had just remembered the arrival during the, as you so eloquently put it Andalucia, debacle.
So yea, likewise, hey Sara. Throw something at Jough for me.

Probably something soft and useful since it's his week off. I don't know what is soft and useful. For anyone who works out what is the ultimate soft and useful thing, I will award a soft and useful thing.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: andalucia on May 19, 2004, 12:06:47 am
I dunno, lots of things are soft and useful.
Like sweaters, or most items of clothing, in fact.
But that's a pretty bad answer.
And Google turns up pretty mediocre answers for a search on "soft and useful".
What about animals?  Or bread?  No no no, bubblewrap!
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 19, 2004, 12:13:33 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Proof, for Mods only. (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=14091#14091) (Sorry, the rest of you!)


That's not helping.

However, since I'm barely halfheartedly keeping up my halfassed conspiracy, hello to Jough's apparently softer and more useful half.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: sara on May 19, 2004, 01:23:32 am
Unfortunately, although I would like to wield harsh moderator vengeance, I have been given only the powers of an ordinary mortal, in other words, a regular member, and therefore I can not make you all tremble before me respecting my authority and stuff.  Because I haven't any.

I do have access to the database, but was in the midst of watching Law & Order when it was being explained to me and therefore I really don't know what the hell to do regarding that.

But I do read achewood semi-regularly, usually reading a week or two at a time unless Jough points out something funny, usually while I'm in the middle of doing something really important.  

Anyway, just keep in mind that he will read all of these posts upon his return, and he would like to remind you all that he is an angry and vengeful Jough.

Not that I can't kick his ass. ;)
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Nabubrush on May 19, 2004, 01:52:33 am
Hey, you can be on our team!
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: AugustWest on May 19, 2004, 02:08:30 am
Quote from: "sara"
Anyway, just keep in mind that he will read all of these posts upon his return, and he would like to remind you all that he is an angry and vengeful Jough.

Not that I can't kick his ass. ;)


Meh.  He'll be an angry and vengeful Jough no matter what we do.  I say we drink his booze and flirt with his girlfriend.

How you doin', Sara?
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: sara on May 19, 2004, 04:53:51 am
OMG I swear if I get admin powerz I will smoke your monkey asses.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: V-Adore on May 19, 2004, 06:24:17 am
Hey now. No need for crass pick-up lines, boys! Make her feel at home, doggs!

so telling Dad on all of you
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 19, 2004, 07:43:39 am
Now how would the dirtiest dudes in town deal with a new arrival and make her feel at home?
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Pedro Picasso on May 19, 2004, 01:44:23 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Now how would the dirtiest dudes in town deal with a new arrival and make her feel at home?


By sending her a mix CD.  How else?

Maybe something with the Jerky Boys.  They're the ruuuuuuuuudest.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: sara on May 19, 2004, 04:39:04 pm
So you're saying you guys are the dirtiest dudes in town? Town being the internet?

If so, this town is as lame as Vegas.  NEW Vegas, with the family rides and theme buffets.  Which is as exciting as "New Coke."

I'm an old Vegas kinda girl.  You know, the lonely grifters shuffling up and down the strip, living out of tiny motels where they bolt the TV to one table and the remote to another, where you save up quarters for the Magic Fingers beds so you can watch yourself and the hooker you've just hired for $25 an hour on the mirror on the ceiling that's caked with soot and cigarette smoke, trying to avoid that permanent moist spot on the bed, having to peel back your hair from the sticky headboard, grinding out a living at the blackjack table day after day, counting cards to get a half a percent edge on the "house", guzzling down watered down drinks to calm your frazzled nerves, using your miniscule winnings to save up so that you can buy a handgun out of the trunk of some guy's car and go back to your motel room, let those Magic Fingers do their magic one last time, stare up at your long sad face in the funhouse ceiling mirror, and blow your widening bald spot to Allah.

You know, that Vegas.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: jay-ell on May 19, 2004, 04:53:50 pm
Quote from: "sara"
you save up quarters for the Magic Fingers beds so you can watch yourself and the hooker you've just hired for $25 an hour on the mirror on the ceiling that's caked with soot and cigarette smoke, trying to avoid that permanent moist spot on the bed...guzzling down watered down drinks to calm your frazzled nerves, using your miniscule winnings to save up so that you can buy a handgun out of the trunk of some guy's car and go back to your motel room, let those Magic Fingers do their magic one last time, stare up at your long sad face in the funhouse ceiling mirror, and blow your widening bald spot to Allah.


No way this isn't Jough in disguise.  Nobody else has that kind of flair.  

And if she does, marry her.  You'll never do any better.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 19, 2004, 05:23:42 pm
Quote from: "sara"
I'm an old Vegas kinda girl.


Try Reno, then.  (Or so I'm told.  Haven't made the trip myself yet.)
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: slink on May 19, 2004, 05:29:28 pm
Quote from: "sara"

You know, that Vegas.


I have always wanted to experience that Vegas. Chances are so painfully slim now of course. Hell I admit it I just want to do a Fear and Loathing visit there some day. But it won't be fun nowadays.

Reno huh. Hmmmm.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: V-Adore on May 19, 2004, 06:01:49 pm
I have to agree with Jamie: either sara is actually Jough, or Jough should elope with her, like, right now. No question.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: sara on May 19, 2004, 06:26:58 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Jough should elope with her, like, right now. No question.


And we can honeymoon in Vegas!  Just like what's his name!
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Limmo on May 19, 2004, 07:03:59 pm
Circus Circus.  Eeesh.  Two years ago, I felt like I would leave with some kind of weird fungus if I brushed against anyone there.  But it was  pretty much the only room available in town ( a half-suite, no less ) when I drifted in off the road.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: wombat on May 19, 2004, 08:37:14 pm
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 19, 2004, 08:52:21 pm
Asherdan, I'm with you.  Vegas isn't quite what it used to be, but it's still a wretched hive of scum and villainy, if you give it a chance.  Be sure to visit Casino Royale, a bit of old-school Vegas dirtiness tucked in the middle of the shiny, flashy Strip.  I'm sure there have been offers to buy it and tear it down--if not from people wanting to develop a new mega-hotel on the spot, then from Caesars Palace across the street just so they don't have to have it in the same neighborhood.  But it persists.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 19, 2004, 10:30:56 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I have to agree with Jamie: either sara is actually Jough, or Jough should elope with her, like, right now. No question.


Agreeing that Sara is actually Jough would be agreeing with my original observation of the similarities...But, if Jough has found a perfect match, hey, I come from a long line of elopers. Parents AND Grandparents. And a sister, too. Go for it, I say.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: sara on May 19, 2004, 10:32:21 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.


I'll um, take that under consideration.

Anyway, see if you can work the phrase "Jough marry her" into more posts.  I can't be a dishonest woman forever!  I can be made honest!  I swear!
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: jough on May 19, 2004, 10:44:56 pm
I just want a girl who can wear white without irony on her wedding day - is that so wrong?

Anyway, I tried to stay offline (and have been enjoying my time away from my computer, even if I've had the internet read aloud to me, and/or printed out for offline reading) but I got a call from an old client who needs me to update some work I did for him, so after I finish this proposal I'm offline again.

I've been enjoying not looking at this screen so much that I'm going to take next week off too.

One thing I've noticed is how hard it is to stay away from computers and internet-enabled devices.  I mean, I'm trying to make more phone calls now that I'm "offline" and even my damn phone has an internet connection.

Okay, no more of this.  I'm looking forward to going out tonight and not looking at a screen again until Friday.

However, the downside of this is that my insignificant other now cannot be pryed away from my PC.  I think she's just getting back at me for my previous weeks/months/years of her being a computer widow.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: slink on May 19, 2004, 10:53:46 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I think she's just getting back at me for my previous weeks/months/years of her being a computer widow.


This cageyness is beautiful, but it does make me suspect that they're already married. Maybe a shotgun wedding?
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: V-Adore on May 19, 2004, 11:54:20 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I just want a girl who can wear white without irony on her wedding day - is that so wrong?

*ahem* If I may paraphrase Miss Manners, my guide to these sorts of things:

White is considered the proper color for first marriages regardless of any physical considerations. It remains proper for later marriages as long as nobody calls you on it.

(I believe Miss Manner's literal quote is that a white wedding dress "was never meant to advertise the condition of the body inside it." Yes, I'm a nerd.)
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Nabubrush on May 20, 2004, 03:08:58 am
Quote from: "wombat"
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.

But . . . but . . .
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Bozack on May 20, 2004, 03:38:36 am
...whothewhatthehuhthehow?

My internet goes down for a few days and all of a sudden Jough's special ladyfriend walks among us? Well, welcome, sara. Just for you, I'm changing my sig. :)
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: pmcd9 on May 20, 2004, 03:40:41 am
I just don't know what to make of all this.  About the only thing I can add is, it's difficult to type from a standing position.

~Paul
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: AugustWest on May 20, 2004, 04:36:21 am
Damn, but there's some serious peer pressure going on in this thread.

I don't give a shit whether you marry her or not, Jough.  I just hope she keeps posting after you come back.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Bozack on May 20, 2004, 05:46:21 am
Ha, yeah, I just like the idea of Jough slowly getting subliminal messages from me, every time I post.



or he could just ban me. that happens sometimes, too.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: jay-ell on May 20, 2004, 10:14:21 am
I've created a monster.  I can't believe one flip comment turned this into the "Jough needs to marry sara" thread.  

C'mon, Jough, you know even if you *did* find a girl whom (a) you wanted to marry and (b) was "qualified" to wear white "without irony," you'd spoil it long before you made it to the altar.  

You dirty dogg.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: wombat on May 20, 2004, 11:37:21 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "wombat"
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.

But . . . but . . .


Oh - right... Maybe it's Utah we need to be thinking about, then?

I hope we can get Asherdan the Breakfast-Making Man to come too.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: Nabubrush on May 20, 2004, 02:25:14 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Quote from: "wombat"
If Jough won't marry her, I will.  I hear they'd let us do it in Massachusetts now.

But . . . but . . .


Oh - right... Maybe it's Utah we need to be thinking about, then?

I hope we can get Asherdan the Breakfast-Making Man to come too.

I'm so there. I can make breakfast too, but it would be nice to have someone spell me off and on.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: St_Zartan on May 20, 2004, 02:52:33 pm
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I can make breakfast too, but it would be nice to have someone spell me off and on.


He's right. There's only one way to settle this breakfast dispute - with a spell-off. The Winner, of course, not only gets the best breakdancing turf (Fotomat parking lot; footbridge near Aquatic Center), but will receive this handsome plaque donated by the Jaycees and a plastic mug full of Tootsie Rolls.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: V-Adore on May 20, 2004, 05:44:55 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
I've created a monster.  I can't believe one flip comment turned this into the "Jough needs to marry sara" thread.

Well, let's be fair; this could still be the "Sara Appears To Be A Clone of Jough, and Thus It's Probably Illegal For Them To Get Married, Or At Least Sort of Immoral" thread.

which doesn't mean Jough shouldn't marry sara if she isn't an evil clone. or even if she is and he's kinky like that.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: St_Zartan on May 20, 2004, 05:53:53 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
"Sara Appears To Be A Clone of Jough, and Thus It's Probably Illegal For Them To Get Married, Or At Least Sort of Immoral"


I assume that there are special rules and tables for this, too.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: V-Adore on May 20, 2004, 06:53:27 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
"Sara Appears To Be A Clone of Jough, and Thus It's Probably Illegal For Them To Get Married, Or At Least Sort of Immoral"


I assume that there are special rules and tables for this, too.

Daaamn straight.

The saddest thing: I have actually had this conversation in a vaguely game-related context. The impetus was a surprisingly lame acquaintance who wrote a bad, bad article of Star Trek fanfiction revolving around a fan-created character going to some sort of Alternate Sex Universe, finding out that her counterpart there was a guy, and then shagging him silly, but the main focus of the conversation was "is that masturbation or incest or, like, both?"

And yes, before anyone says it -- I do hang with the nerdiest dudes in town.
Title: Sara vs. Jough; Red Dwarf (Vacation Tangent 2)
Post by: CortJstr on May 20, 2004, 11:33:28 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
The saddest thing: I have actually had this conversation in a vaguely game-related context. The impetus was a surprisingly lame acquaintance who wrote a bad, bad article of Star Trek fanfiction revolving around a fan-created character going to some sort of Alternate Sex Universe, finding out that her counterpart there was a guy, and then shagging him silly, but the main focus of the conversation was "is that masturbation or incest or, like, both?"

http://www.darkdreamstealer.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/paralleluniscript.html

Since the Red Dwarf RPG rules/story follow the episodes I'm sure they cover this little detail.