The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Formica on June 24, 2004, 11:40:37 pm

Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: Formica on June 24, 2004, 11:40:37 pm
Keen observers will note that fright of the authorities is the preferred method (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222001) for gauging an alcohol's impact in Achewood.

First comic topic!
Title: Re: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 24, 2004, 11:51:53 pm
Quote from: "Formica"
Keen observers will note that fright of the authorities is the preferred method (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222001) for gauging an alcohol's impact in Achewood


At least it seems to be Mr Bear's method...
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: jough on June 24, 2004, 11:55:55 pm
I am sad and scared.

I need to go stay in Beef's home.
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: Gimpson on June 25, 2004, 12:09:23 am
Although there's no way to be sure that Ray hasn't just got his freak on, it is possible that that is his Blogging crown rather than just his "just got my freak on (http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=385&highlight=crown)" crown.
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: V-Adore on June 25, 2004, 12:31:34 am
One wonders why Mr. Bear has such reason to want to not be scared of the police, anyway.

I love all of Ray's euphemisms for depression. Especially the chemistry analogy.
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: linnea on June 25, 2004, 12:42:28 am
Why is Ray so paranoid? When Molly and Beef joined him at his new Tiffany grill, he seemed all despondent and worried. It reminds me of Henry Hill in "Goodfellas", trying to cook a fancy dinner while dabbing at his nose and obsessively casting a wary eye to the black helicopter above the house. Is Ray buying blow from Todd's van, or what?

And Mr Bear has always been exceedingly proper, but his use of British colloquialisms in today's comic seems...over-the-top?

I am not sure if I'm just misreading stuff, or if Onstead is setting something up here. What do you guys think?
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: Choop on June 25, 2004, 12:50:01 am
I think it's a one-off set at the barbecue with Molly & Beef is all. Ray's probably got a couple-few neighbors over at a time anyway.

Quote from: Gimpson
Although there's no way to be sure that Ray hasn't just got his freak on, it is possible that that is his Blogging crown rather than just his "just got my freak on" crown.


...which makes me wonder why there's no BeefBlog set up - J.Ro. does it (though unrelated to Wigu)... and a comic every day at 12 AM E(S|D)T. Plus, he moderates his own forum and comes up with great shirts. Maybe that's why I've got a Googel Maverick shirt on order and have only bought the one (too-thin, printed-off-center) Achewood (Roast Beef) shirt.

No matter who takes credit cards without paypal.
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: CortJstr on June 25, 2004, 01:09:32 am
Quote from: "linnea"
And Mr Bear has always been exceedingly proper, but his use of British colloquialisms in today's comic seems...over-the-top?

Agreed. But the Liquor Cabinet Taste Test reference totally makes up for it.
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: slink on June 25, 2004, 07:25:49 am
Quote from: "linnea"
It reminds me of Henry Hill in "Goodfellas"


Wow. That has totally become one of my favourite Achewood/something else... references!?

I quite like this. Something about Ray's delivery I think.

Apologies, I am suffering drastic insomnia and thus can't remember words, ideas, faces, names or trousers.
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on June 25, 2004, 01:59:51 pm
Quote from: "linnea"
Why is Ray so paranoid?


All rich people go crazy eventually. All of them.
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on June 25, 2004, 03:33:31 pm
We have an unopened bottle of Pimm's at home.  I don't even know where we got it.  Now I may need to try it.
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: jough on June 25, 2004, 06:26:46 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "linnea"
It reminds me of Henry Hill in "Goodfellas"


Wow. That has totally become one of my favourite Achewood/something else... references!?


I liked it better when I made the same connection three days ago:

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=20456#20456

:P
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: linnea on June 25, 2004, 10:42:31 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "linnea"
It reminds me of Henry Hill in "Goodfellas"


Wow. That has totally become one of my favourite Achewood/something else... references!?


I liked it better when I made the same connection three days ago:

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?p=20456#20456

:P


Damn. That'll teach me to make posts without reading other topics :(
Title: Try a snoot - June 24
Post by: jough on June 25, 2004, 11:23:42 pm
YOU GOT SERVED!