The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on June 28, 2004, 12:52:21 pm

Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 28, 2004, 12:52:21 pm
This is one of those things that I think I'll ask our webdesigner to put on the front page of our nightclub. (http://www.chiaroscuro-dc.com)

It is so true...
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: CortJstr on June 28, 2004, 12:54:24 pm
I sense a crossover (http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=968)!
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: Limmo on June 28, 2004, 02:12:05 pm
I cannot wait to see Goth Little Nephew.  That will truly be the limit.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on June 28, 2004, 02:15:28 pm
Quote from: "Limmo"
I cannot wait to see Goth Little Nephew.  That will truly be the limit.


Picture spongebath in all black with aviator goggles on.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: andalucia on June 28, 2004, 03:29:35 pm
This strip is just Awesome.  The closing line did, in fact, make me Laugh Out Loud.


I dislike goths immensely.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: slink on June 28, 2004, 03:58:08 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
This strip is just Awesome.  The closing line did, in fact, make me Laugh Out Loud.

I dislike goths immensely.


Likewise, I was audible.

And I am sorry. Enough of one stillr esides deep within me.
Now I must listen to what, Onstad realises, is Bauhaus' best song.

Should have never eaten that damn goth!
Title: goth skels
Post by: Jerry Todd on June 28, 2004, 06:49:53 pm
I have goth skeletons in my closet and enjoy mocking them often. Therefore I have a theory that there was a bit of hair-teasing-cum-eyeliner in Onstad's pre-history. He comes down pretty hard on the Cure too. Almost like he's got an axe to grind, like an ex who ruined him for them by dumping him at one of their concerts after Disintegration was
"their album" and all.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2004, 08:14:10 pm
To be very mildly critical of this strip -- I don't like the "Ray and Beef all sitting on chairs" setup. The art itself is ugly, especially in comparison to what Onstad has shown himself to be able to do, and it's just lazy art.

That said, the dialogue in this strip redeemed it wholeheartedly. Hot, hot damn, this is one of the cleverest conversations between Beef and Ray in a while, and it also heralds the beginning of Goth Little Nephew. (As opposed, quite wholeheartedly, to Hyddyn Scyptyre (sp?) LN.)

On an anorakish note, this strip by its existence seems to establish that living-Beef and living-Molly cohabitating is now actually a part of the status quo, not some horrible hallucination or Onstad-trick. You go, 'stad.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: jough on June 28, 2004, 08:18:01 pm
Um, is Molly in this strip and I missed it somehow?

How is one connected to the other?  Do you really think that 'stad couldn't just yank the carpet out from under Beef in a future strip?

Tomorrow will be all like:

Beef: well ray i'm going home to see molly
Ray: Who in the Blue Hell is Molly?

Beef: <fingers to cheeks> oh man was it really all a dream?!??!
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2004, 08:20:55 pm
Quote from: "jough"
totally horrible stuff that Onstad could very well do tomorrow


True enough. I have to remember never to get my hopes up that much.

Me, I'm hoping for some kind of conclusion to the gripping "*****s driving around mooning people" story arc.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on June 28, 2004, 08:26:07 pm
Molly and Pat: totally doin' it.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: AugustWest on June 28, 2004, 08:45:03 pm
I just have to give some respect to the name "Arachnea Gehenna".

SAL--LOOT!!!
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: jough on June 28, 2004, 08:48:54 pm
Hmmm... what day is this strip from?
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: AlohaDawg on June 28, 2004, 08:50:03 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I just have to give some respect to the name "Arachnea Gehenna".

SAL--LOOT!!!


Hey Grandpa! What's fer Supper?
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: AugustWest on June 28, 2004, 08:59:39 pm
Hamhocks and turnip greens, black-eyed peas, fried corn and biscuits with sorghum.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: V-Adore on June 28, 2004, 09:36:34 pm
Quote from: "jough"
Hmmm... what day is this strip from?

Fixed, albeit I had to change the topic a bit thanks to length restrictions. Sorry, Bobby.
Title: 28 June -- IN THE FLAT FIEEEELLLLLLLDS! (ear-quarter)
Post by: slink on June 28, 2004, 10:30:56 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
said something


WHICH I DID NOT SEE!