The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Gimpson on June 29, 2004, 08:08:45 pm

Title: Is it rad to like the Cure? (split from Achewood 6/29)
Post by: Gimpson on June 29, 2004, 08:08:45 pm
And just in time for Little Nephew's Goth phase, The Cure has a new album out (http://www.thecure.com).  

I haven't really listened to anything they've done since Wish, but does anybody know if this one is worth checking out?
Title: Is it rad to like the Cure? (split from Achewood 6/29)
Post by: slink on June 29, 2004, 08:40:22 pm
I have heard very preliminary mixed reviews, but will no doubt get round to checking it out as long as I find a source for it.
I like the Cure sometimes...

Unfortunately it's just another album to add to the list of new albums by old bands I used to like I need check out, but will probably be disappointed by (Ministry and Skinny Puppy also on the list, interestingly skirting the same genre...).
Title: Is it rad to like the Cure? (split from Achewood 6/29)
Post by: miles on June 30, 2004, 12:07:09 am
I don't feel like double checking, but I think Pitchforkmedia.com gave it a decent review.  I'm not really excited enough about it to even download it, because I saw them in May, and boy did they suck ass.  They even played my two favorite songs, Charlotte Sometimes and Fascination Street, and it didn't do nothin for me.  I heard from one person that it was just an off night though from someone who has seen them a bunch.  Can't decide if I'm going to fork out the ungodly amount of money they will no doubt be asking when they come around here in August.  I love the band, but I don't know if I love them $40 worth.

Quote from: "Gimpson"
And just in time for Little Nephew's Goth phase, The Cure has a new album out (http://www.thecure.com).  

I haven't really listened to anything they've done since Wish, but does anybody know if this one is worth checking out?