The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Gimpson on July 01, 2004, 09:02:08 pm

Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: Gimpson on July 01, 2004, 09:02:08 pm
I do have bad morals.  

Onstad wanted to practice drawing pope hats.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: Bozack on July 01, 2004, 09:19:55 pm
Hahaha, apparently the mitre can be traced back to "Dagon."
(http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/cover_art1/dagon.jpg)

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw that movie, and not the only one who thought the Octopus Girl was hot.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: miles on July 01, 2004, 09:24:34 pm
I haven't seen the movie, but I am now curious.

And cograts on post number 420.

I think that this is my favorite Philippe as candidate strip so far.  Beef does a killer Pope.

Quote from: "Bozack"
Hahaha, apparently the mitre can be traced back to "Dagon."

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw that movie, and not the only one who thought the Octopus Girl was hot.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: doomglobe on July 01, 2004, 09:37:43 pm
you know phillipe, he really believed that he was telling off the poop. (seriously, talking about phillipes mother is just a bad idea. BAD IDEA)
Phillipe would make a really good president. I would vote for him if I was not already voting for the bob talbot.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: jough on July 01, 2004, 09:39:22 pm
Back to this storyline, eh?

Meh.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: V-Adore on July 01, 2004, 10:06:28 pm
Yeah, I sort of agree with Jough. It's funny, but it's more "nod, note that it was funny, continue" funny than "actually laugh" funny.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: JorgeFabregas on July 01, 2004, 10:19:04 pm
I thought the funniest part of the the strip was the exlamation point on the alt text. But I'm weird.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: sailor on July 01, 2004, 10:31:54 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Hahaha, apparently the mitre can be traced back to "Dagon."
(http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/cover_art1/dagon.jpg)

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw that movie, and not the only one who thought the Octopus Girl was hot.


I ain't no girl, but i did see Dagon. In a theater. IT. WAS. RAD. and that Octopussy was so hot i didn't care if she was some hella evil creature. it'd hit it.

And...
too..many...storylines!...wh...what's...happening...help!
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: Ben-San on July 01, 2004, 10:43:57 pm
I like having Philippe For President interspersed like this. It's not really up to the task of sustaining a long contiguous run of strips, but a Philippe For President strip every so often is pretty good.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: Bozack on July 02, 2004, 12:24:03 am
Quote from: "sailor"
I ain't no girl, but i did see Dagon. In a theater. IT. WAS. RAD. and that Octopussy was so hot i didn't care if she was some hella evil creature. it'd hit it.


Yeah, I caught it on Sci-Fi, and then rented it after describing it like 9 times to people. So, having seen the edited version, I was a tad shocked when...when...GOD DAMN. The ARMS, man, THE ARMS!
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: CortJstr on July 02, 2004, 01:08:05 am
The occasional president strip is fine scattered among other stories. If lumped all together it could get tiresome.

And Dagon is a character in my currect book, Good Omens. Wacky.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: Mantonio on July 02, 2004, 01:38:18 am
Quote from: "doomglobe"
you know phillipe, he really believed that he was telling off the poop. (seriously, talking about phillipes mother is just a bad idea. BAD IDEA)
Phillipe would make a really good president. I would vote for him if I was not already voting for the bob talbot.


It's nice to see Phillipe take a stand against Rum, Romanism and Rebellion.  Er, well, Romanism, at least.  For all we know he could be a hard-drinking neo-confederate, but somehow I doubt it.  Unless Unlce Culpepper should happen to meet Phillipe. I think that would be bad.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: arkabee on July 02, 2004, 02:26:45 am
phillipe thinks that being the president is a lot like being a maitre de.

i think phillipe would make a fine president.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: palm trees on July 02, 2004, 06:35:44 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The occasional president strip is fine scattered among other stories. If lumped all together it could get tiresome.

And Dagon is a character in my currect book, Good Omens. Wacky.


pratchett/gaiman good omens?  if so, i need to read it again cause i totally don't remember a dagon.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: CortJstr on July 02, 2004, 07:46:56 pm
Quote from: "palm trees"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The occasional president strip is fine scattered among other stories. If lumped all together it could get tiresome.

And Dagon is a character in my currect book, Good Omens. Wacky.


pratchett/gaiman good omens?  if so, i need to read it again cause i totally don't remember a dagon.

He's a very minor character. All he did was send Dog. So far anyway.
Title: 01 July 2004 - Hella lazy and a bunch of fatsoes to boot
Post by: Choop on July 03, 2004, 04:44:51 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "palm trees"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The occasional president strip is fine scattered among other stories. If lumped all together it could get tiresome.

And Dagon is a character in my currect book, Good Omens. Wacky.


pratchett/gaiman good omens?  if so, i need to read it again cause i totally don't remember a dagon.

He's a very minor character. All he did was send Dog. So far anyway.



AN EXCELLENT BOOK. THE CHOOP APPROVES.