The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: CortJstr on June 30, 2004, 08:45:47 pm

Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: CortJstr on June 30, 2004, 08:45:47 pm
Quote from: "jough, a few times, "
:lame:

Jough should totally resurrect the Lame List (Or What's Weak This Week) from Almost Live. It could be entertaining.

New VW Beetles!
LAME!

Linkin Park!
LAME!

7-11's without porno magazines!
LAME!
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: jough on June 30, 2004, 10:50:36 pm
CortJstr
:lame:
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: Bozack on July 01, 2004, 04:31:52 am
(http://img17.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Bozack/1289772825290l.jpg)
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: AugustWest on July 01, 2004, 05:04:47 am
Lamé
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: V-Adore on July 01, 2004, 06:10:10 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Lamé

Toupee
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: CortJstr on July 01, 2004, 04:28:18 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Lamé

Toupee

did you guys hear how pissed Martin X was when they outlawed bell bottoms?
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: V-Adore on July 01, 2004, 10:12:08 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Lamé

Toupee

did you guys hear how pissed Martin X was when they outlawed bell bottoms?

Yeah, but I heard ten years later they were sharing the same cell anyway. That'll teach him.
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: St_Zartan on July 01, 2004, 11:59:53 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Lamé

Toupee

did you guys hear how pissed Martin X was when they outlawed bell bottoms?

Yeah, but I heard ten years later they were sharing the same cell anyway. That'll teach him.


OH MY GOD I WOULD HAVE MODDED THIS THREAD SO HARD BY NOW
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: V-Adore on July 02, 2004, 12:41:33 am
ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE, O GREAT AND TERRIBLE ZARTAN
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: sailor on July 02, 2004, 02:54:21 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough, a few times, "
:lame:

Jough should totally resurrect the Lame List (Or What's Weak This Week) from Almost Live. It could be entertaining.

New VW Beetles!
LAME!

Linkin Park!
LAME!

7-11's without porno magazines!
LAME!



hey hey! All NW'sters report!

/hand held high/
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: CortJstr on July 02, 2004, 02:48:40 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
hey hey! All NW'sters report!

/hand held high/

I know it was a Seatle show but it was on both NBC and Comedy Central for a while. That's how I learned the ways of Billy Kwan.

Sadly, it doesn't look like Almost Live, Viva Variety, or Vacant Lot are on DVD. But NewsRadio is so that's nice.
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: Gimpson on July 02, 2004, 03:44:14 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Sadly, it doesn't look like Almost Live, Viva Variety, or Vacant Lot are on DVD. But NewsRadio is so that's nice.


This is a lie.  A dirty, filthy lie.  NewsRadio was supposed to be released this Spring, but they pushed the release date back because Paul Simms got involved and wanted to get folks to record commentary tracks.  

I think they're still shooting for a release by Christmas.  News here (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=3054).
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: CortJstr on July 02, 2004, 03:52:39 pm
Dammit. I wouldn't really want to listen to NewsRadio commentary because so much of it would probably be about Phil Hartman and that would be hella depressing. But as long as I get to see the cane episode again I guess I can't really complain. Also, the butler one.

Random Fact: My office's maintenance guy is named Jimmy James.
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: sailor on July 02, 2004, 10:46:44 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "sailor"
hey hey! All NW'sters report!

/hand held high/

I know it was a Seatle show but it was on both NBC and Comedy Central for a while. That's how I learned the ways of Billy Kwan.

Sadly, it doesn't look like Almost Live, Viva Variety, or Vacant Lot are on DVD. But NewsRadio is so that's nice.


but...but...anybody outside the NW wouldn't even get half the skits. But i guess it's worth it just for Billy Kwan.

MIND YOUR MANNERS!
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: CortJstr on July 03, 2004, 05:37:27 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
but...but...anybody outside the NW wouldn't even get half the skits. But i guess it's worth it just for Billy Kwan.

MIND YOUR MANNERS!

Do people outside Chicago get jokes on SCTV? Do people outside the NE get jokes from Mr. Belvedere?
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: slink on July 03, 2004, 06:26:23 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Do people outside Chicago get jokes on SCTV? Do people outside the NE get jokes from Mr. Belvedere?


People outside the US just have no idea what the fuck any of this is.

Well, I know of News Radio, but that's about it. I guess, as I knew nothing of any of the Adult Swim things 'til I downloaded them, or any SNL things similarly, I could do the same. Though it wasn't I who downloaded them... Meh.
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: jough on July 03, 2004, 06:58:23 pm
The question should really be: does anyone outside of Canada get SCTV?

SCTV was a Canadian production (even though Second City is in Chicago) and many of their jokes were about contemporary Canadian government.
Title: On the Subject of "Lame"
Post by: Mite on July 03, 2004, 08:09:53 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
...Mr. Belvedere?

I should want to cook him a simple meal, but I shouldn't want to cut into him, to tear the flesh, to wear the flesh, to be born unto new worlds where his flesh becomes the key.

I would never stop smiling if Viva Variety came out on DVD. Plant or Animal! Hugo the Talking Yugo! Baby is a Middle-Aged Jazz Musician!

"Yeah man, I'd play you some Miles, but you just wouldn't understand."