The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on July 07, 2004, 12:56:40 pm

Title: How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
Post by: CortJstr on July 07, 2004, 12:56:40 pm
Well dang. I'm not quit sure how to feel about this one. I mean "abnrml"?
Title: How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
Post by: keef on July 07, 2004, 12:59:44 pm
Seriously kind of disturbing.
Title: How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
Post by: CortJstr on July 07, 2004, 01:12:03 pm
Quote from: "keef"
Seriously kind of disturbing.

At least he didn't practically mention you by name.
Title: How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
Post by: AugustWest on July 07, 2004, 02:16:10 pm
Kind of snotty, I thought.  Spoiled MF is able to make a living creating humor yet whines when his more experimental efforts are not as commercially successful.  Boo frickin' hoo.

You know, I like Nate Small, and the blogs and Ray's Place and the rest of the non-traditional webcomic type stuff.  A lot.  Thing is, T-shirts pretty much require pictures.  A page of text, no matter how witty or clever, does not translate well to 100% Cotton crew necked media.  And T-shirts with just slogans make you look like Beef.

Oh no... I have to keep drawing my strip so the T-shirts will sell.  Cry me a river.
Title: How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
Post by: CortJstr on July 07, 2004, 03:02:11 pm
Some of the experiments have worked. Most of the blogs are nice, although I   personally would like a few less (Lyle). Ray's Place consistently delivers. The Secret Ice Cream Parlor was well received as a one-off.

At the beginning he's mocking us for being fan boys then at the end he's mad at us for not loving everything and being un-fanboyish.
Title: How I Made It In Web Comics - serializer 7/7
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 07, 2004, 03:16:09 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Some of the experiments have worked. Most of the blogs are nice, although I   personally would like a few less (Lyle). Ray's Place consistently delivers. The Secret Ice Cream Parlor was well received as a one-off.

At the beginning he's mocking us for being fan boys then at the end he's mad at us for not loving everything and being un-fanboyish.


 :roll:

You sound like a scorned girlfriend. It's precisely this touchiness and tendency to overanalyze that makes this fan base fair game for targeting.

P.S.  BRING BACK SHITS IN THE BED