The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on July 09, 2004, 02:38:16 am
-
What the hell is up with Onstad lately? I mean, his output has just been prodigious, no? Regular strips, serializer updates, the blogs, new products and now a newsletter. Damn! Did the guy just discover caffeine or what?
Not that I'm complaining, I just don't want him to burn out.
-
Yeah, he really has been going nuts lately, it's awesome.
-
Perchance he quit his day-job? This would explain the sudden pandering for flash cash, as well as a prodigious output.
Prodigious.
-
Perchance he quit his day-job? This would explain the sudden pandering for flash cash, as well as a prodigious output.
This fits a little too well, honestly. Then again, he appears to have forgotten the general idea of "if you want people to buy T-shirts, please print T-shirts which people will actually want to spend money to buy." (See: Philippe is a Bee. Wonder: how many of those he still has sitting in his basement.)
Which brings the horrible thought: did Nice Pete show up again merely because Onstad decided to sell a Nice Pete shirt?
-
Which brings the horrible thought: did Nice Pete show up again merely because Onstad decided to sell a Nice Pete shirt?
Perhaps, but does it really matter where inspiration comes from? I believe that many of the great works of literature were written with the inspired idea of keeping the author out of the poorhouse, yes?
I thought he didn't have a day job to quit anymore. Whatever he's on, I'd definitely buy some of that.
-
he has hired help to write the blogs
-
Then again, he appears to have forgotten the general idea of "if you want people to buy T-shirts, please print T-shirts which people will actually want to spend money to buy." (See: Philippe is a Bee. Wonder: how many of those he still has sitting in his basement.)
Recently, at a Squarepusher show at the hippest venue in town, I saw two separate "Phillipe is a Bee" Tshirts. The only thing more remarkable than that is that the kids who had 'em on were doing very well with the ladies. Do not doubt the power of Phillipe as a bee.
-
he has hired help to write the blogs
Wait....you mean they don't all write their own blogs?
Next you'll be telling me there's no Easter Bunny?
-
Which brings the horrible thought: did Nice Pete show up again merely because Onstad decided to sell a Nice Pete shirt?
Perhaps, but does it really matter where inspiration comes from? I believe that many of the great works of literature were written with the inspired idea of keeping the author out of the poorhouse, yes?
This is true enough. I can't deny the quality of recent output, just... enh, I dunno. Maybe the newsletter put a bad taste in my mouth.
-
he has hired help to write the blogs
Wait....you mean they don't all write their own blogs?
Next you'll be telling me there's no Easter Bunny?
shhhhhhh, hush now.
I'll go get Philippe, and then HUGS!, ok?
ok?