The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bozack on July 12, 2004, 04:44:29 am
-
...Wow, that's a nice little ending for this arc. So now we know Ray's got EVERYBODY in his pocket.
-
lol copout :P
-
It ain't even the 12th yet.
And it does seem like a bit of a copout. I mean, not that Ray has connections and can beat shit like this, that's a given. But it could have been better than just "erase all history of crimes I have committed recently." I expect better dialogue than that with Captain B. The little Fin is a nice touch though.
-
$10 he edits it before morning anyway :-P
-
$10 he edits it before morning anyway :-P
no way. 'Stad just wants to prove once again that Ray is THE cat. Do not ever fuck with Ray. Unless you are LN.
-
I was kidding; I just wanted to use this face again :-P
WHY IS IT WIGGLING
-
"do me a quick favor and erase all history of crimes I have committed recently."
Man.
I JUST said this YESTERDAY!
-
I have to agree... it was a bit of a copout. Was hoping for a little more than that.
-
Call it a copout if you want but "You're a good dad, Bill" completely makes up for any shortcomings.
-
Call it a copout if you want but "You're a good dad, Bill" completely makes up for any shortcomings.
The comic got better over night. That, or things are funnier when I am still waking up. I agree though, that's a great line.
-
I'm still trying to figure out how Nice Pete went from being a serial killer to a mere registered sex offender.
And I'm on the fence - sure it's a copout, but atthe same time, Ray seems to be more free with his cash these days - indeed, it seems like Ray's Riches are becoming more of a central theme than before.
-
I'm still trying to figure out how Nice Pete went from being a serial killer to a mere registered sex offender.
Yeah, guys in jail are always truthful about their exploits.
-
Yeah, guys in jail are always truthful about their exploits.
Okay, sure. But still, we have at least one instance (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10242003) in which an Achewood resident is confronted with physical evidence of Pete's depravity. Moreover, the story arc itself initially begins with Pete seeking graphical aids (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10222003) depicting murder in specific ways. Regardless, if we backtrack a bit further, Pete's insight (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04092003) into the action of killing, combined with his easygoing storytelling style, leads me to believe that his stories are, indeed, true.
In the end, however, you are correct in the overarching meaning of your specific supposition: that we will never know the truth about Nice Pete's exploits until and unless, for example, he is depicted in the commisioning of the murder act.
-
Dude, you totally CortJstred that one.
High fives.
-
It's very simple.
Nice Pete has been convicted of sex offenses. He's hasn't been convicted of murder.
Doesn't mean he's not a serial killer, just not a convicted serial killer.
Sometimes, it takes a lawyer to clear these things up.
-
Dude, you totally CortJstred that one.
High fives.
Thank you. I was actually going to put CORT JSTR'D ala Teen Girl Squad, (http://www.homestarrunner.com/tgsmenu.html) but I figured it would be too over the top.
It's very simple.
Nice Pete has been convicted of sex offenses. He's hasn't been convicted of murder.
Doesn't mean he's not a serial killer, just not a convicted serial killer.
Sometimes, it takes a lawyer to clear these things up.
Indeed, that seems like the most reasonable interpretation, doesn't it?
I wonder if the next blog will be Nice Pete's Body Mutilation site.
-
Maybe he's been convicted of both but the police are choosing to mention only the sex offender part because it's creepier where kids are concerned.
Or maybe NP has aliases that have been convicted of different things. Do animals have a finger print equivilant?
-
I'm still trying to figure out how Nice Pete went from being a serial killer to a mere registered sex offender.
Yeah, guys in jail are always truthful about their exploits.
Maybe they just haven't found the bodies yet...
-
It's very simple.
[Commonesense and logical reasoning]
Sometimes, it takes a lawyer to clear these things up.
And AugustWest rules the day!
-
Maybe he's been convicted of both but the police are choosing to mention only the sex offender part because it's creepier where kids are concerned.
Does a person convicted of murder who has done his time have to have his name printed in a list in the paper, or go around to all his new neighbors saying "Hi, I'm a registered murderer?"
-
Maybe he's been convicted of both but the police are choosing to mention only the sex offender part because it's creepier where kids are concerned.
Does a person convicted of murder who has done his time have to have his name printed in a list in the paper, or go around to all his new neighbors saying "Hi, I'm a registered murderer?"
This reminded me of something. Nice Pete escaped from prison. You'd think the police would be concerned about this.
-
You would think they would be, but the Achewood police department seems to be relatively easygoing on the subject of crime. Or at least on Nice-Pete-related crime.
And you're probably right that the sex offenses are just what he could actually get convicted on. It's sort of like how they eventually got Al Capone on tax evasion.
-
You would think they would be, but the Achewood police department seems to be relatively easygoing on the subject of crime. Or at least on Nice-Pete-related crime.
And you're probably right that the sex offenses are just what he could actually get convicted on. It's sort of like how they eventually got Al Capone on tax evasion.
Well, Pat commited a crime too, but he doesn't seem to worried, otherwise he wouldn't be bothering the fuzz with complaint's about water balloon "assault's".
-
Well, Pat commited a crime too, but he doesn't seem to worried, otherwise he wouldn't be bothering the fuzz with complaint's about water balloon "assault's".
Aw, shooting Beef just carries a $100 fine.
-
You would think they would be, but the Achewood police department seems to be relatively easygoing on the subject of crime.
If Ray can call up Captain B and be all like "hey dude, erase my recent crimes and, BTW, yr buying my Hummer", then I don't think Underground criminals have a whole lot to worry about.
And....did y'all notice the slew of new posters around here? It's like 'Stad was crowned Webcomic Homecoming King or something. good for him.
-
If Ray can call up Captain B and be all like "hey dude, erase my recent crimes and, BTW, yr buying my Hummer", then I don't think Underground criminals have a whole lot to worry about.
I took it that Ray was giving B the Hummer. As a bribe. To repay him for illegally erasing his criminal record.
-
Exactly, "You're buying my hummer for a dollar. Just pay me when you pick up the keys. Wink."
Although, it's kind of funny - since B's dialog is never displayed, he could be telling Ray something like this.
R: "Say, B, how you set for wheels these days? I got one of those new Hummers but it's hell on my lumbar."
B: "Actually we just bought Junior a brand-new Infiniti G35 Coupe, in red, with the moonroof and everything."
R: "Nice. That'll be a good car for B Junior to have at college. You're a good dad, Bill."
But of course he isn't. The H2 goes to Junior.
-
Poor kid, maybe he can sell the H2 to Carmax and get a car that won't make him want to suicide every time he sees it.