The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: side_show on July 12, 2004, 04:15:35 pm
-
:twisted: My bestfriend, who I've known since I was 11, is having her stagette on the weekend out at a cabin for a weekend at the lake. Suggestions? :twisted:
-
Yipes. I didn't have one, so I'm at a loss.
There must be websites.
-
What the hell is a stagette?
-
A stagette is the female version of a stag party: i.e. the last hoorah before the wedding!
-
Oh. Of course. I was reading that word as Stage-ette. I was seeing a little tiny proscenium arch in my head, or the little wagon the dogs chased in the Gravy Train commercial.
-
"Bachelorette party," we'd call it.
At a cabin by the lake? Aren't you supposed to take her to bars and stuff, so you can get her mad drunk and force her to do humiliating things?
-
"Bachelorette party," we'd call it.
At a cabin by the lake? Aren't you supposed to take her to bars and stuff, so you can get her mad drunk and force her to do humiliating things?
There will be a hella' drinking, it's central to the plan, but as she lives with her fiancé and this is a whole weekend of debauchery we're talking about, it's best we go elsewhere. She's a bit sensitive and doesn't have a sense of humour about certain things: she has repeatedly stressed that she doesn't want to have a stripper. With other bud's this would drive me to get a stripper right away, but by her tone, I could tell that this is a for-real request.
-
"Bachelorette party," we'd call it.
At a cabin by the lake? Aren't you supposed to take her to bars and stuff, so you can get her mad drunk and force her to do humiliating things?
I like "hen party" better. It has classier connotations than "bachelorette party". And side_show, your friend has got THE RIGHT IDEA. I'm still all traumatized from a "bachelorette party" that I went to last summer. God. Talk about tacky. The bride-to-be's best friend was a total giggling Valley-girl idios, and she made the bride-to-be a white tulle veil studded with condoms, and made each of us "bridesmaids" wear a miniature version. It got worse from there, but I'd rather not go into it.
-
Bring on the whores!
Well, the man-whores.
-
You could really surprise her and get a *female* stripper.
But, unless she's bisexual and/or used to date women (like a surprisingly large number of my newly-married friends), the humor value might be somewhat lost.
-
Shouldn't you be doing stuff that her husband will hate to do with her, like shopping for clothes?
-
Shouldn't you be doing stuff that her husband will hate to do with her, like shopping for clothes?
No sane woman who wants to maintain her self confidence would go shopping with a woman who weighs 100 pounds. And complains. Constantly. About being fat.
-
Eek, sounds like you should all be going with her to a psychotherapist instead then.
-
Shouldn't you be doing stuff that her husband will hate to do with her, like shopping for clothes?
No sane woman who wants to maintain her self confidence would go shopping with a woman who weighs 100 pounds. And complains. Constantly. About being fat.
I am not sure which is the saddest thing in this thread so far: this, or Linnea's anecdote involving condom veils.
I had a friend like this once too -- one of those girls who weighs about 130, constantly complains about being too fat, but goes out with her fatter friends shopping and constantly proclaims things like "look, I can fit into this size-14-girl's skirt!" and "well, it fits me."
-
...or the little wagon the dogs chased in the Gravy Train commercial.
I am not sure which is the saddest thing in this thread so far
I HAVE ANOTHER SADDEST THING
(http://videogames.org/html/images/chuckwag.jpg)
IT IS A DOG FOOD COMMERCIAL ORIENTED VIDEO GAME
-
Goddamn, I guess this thread is just filled with human sadness.
It is to weep.
... Okay, I'm headed to the cemetery. Anyone else up for some skeleton bones and Bauhaus?
-
Okay, here's the plan.
You're all sitting around, drinking, and somebody knocks on the door. You open in, and this hot guy walks in carrying an old chair. He commences to take his shirt off and strip the paint from the old chair. He then thanks you and walks out.
-
Okay, here's the plan.
You're all sitting around, drinking, and somebody knocks on the door. You open in, and this hot guy walks in carrying an old chair. He commences to take his shirt off and strip the paint from the old chair. He then thanks you and walks out.
You should direct Ray's next video, Bozack. Throw in a limo peeling out (lots of smoke) and you're done.
-
...or the little wagon the dogs chased in the Gravy Train commercial.
I am not sure which is the saddest thing in this thread so far
I HAVE ANOTHER SADDEST THING
IT IS A DOG FOOD COMMERCIAL ORIENTED VIDEO GAME
My world is complete now that I have seen this.
-
Okay, here's the plan.
You're all sitting around, drinking, and somebody knocks on the door. You open in, and this hot guy walks in carrying an old chair. He commences to take his shirt off and strip the paint from the old chair. He then thanks you and walks out.
Okay, Bozack wins at bachelorette-party suggestions.
-
Okay, here's the plan.
You're all sitting around, drinking, and somebody knocks on the door. You open in, and this hot guy walks in carrying an old chair. He commences to take his shirt off and strip the paint from the old chair. He then thanks you and walks out.
Okay, Bozack wins at bachelorette-party suggestions.
Agreed. So rad.
Perhaps on the second day he could return to apply wood stain to the chair.
-
Think about it: do you really want your "Stripper" to be a "Stainer" too? :umno:
-
Think about it: do you really want your "Stripper" to be a "Stainer" too? :umno:
If I'm hiring Nice Pete I expect, neigh, demand both!
-
I dunno, on one hand you have an unfortunate combination of connotations. On one hand, you have a nicely refinished antique chair, which is at bare minimum a pleasant thing and in extreme cases (if the chair is some beautiful hardwood that some idiot painted over) you've struck a blow for the angels.
(I am going to leave any unfortunate "blow"-related puns to Jough.)
-
Think about it: do you really want your "Stripper" to be a "Stainer" too?
Ouch, oh dear me... Where's the despair :)?
-
I am assuming, then, that any and all "beautiful hardwood" puns are still open to everyone.
Not like you'd catch me doing anything like that. I am far too classy to do anything but perform this public service.
-
Well, I'm off to fill myself with girly coolers! The weather this weekend is supposed to be awesome!
One of the other bridesmaids ignored my bestfriend's request to not involve dirtiness and bough c*ck shaped straws, and a special c*ck cup for the bride.
I'll report in an oh-so-hungover state on Monday!
Hugs!
-
One of the other bridesmaids ignored my bestfriend's request to not involve dirtiness and bough c*ck shaped straws, and a special c*ck cup for the bride.
Oh, side_show. Every c*ck cup is special.
-
Oooooohh.