The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Flenker on July 13, 2004, 10:47:11 am

Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: Flenker on July 13, 2004, 10:47:11 am
A laugh-out loud comic to me this morning.  I love how Ray has a nameplate on his monitor even if it all made of paper and pen.  And Teodore must have one hell of a machine to be running dual monitors.  I can't remember exactly, was his computer the one Roast Beef got a chub on over?

Sorry if this post makes no sense.  I'm about to go into work after about 2 hours of sleep.  But it's probably about as readable as any of my posts.
Title: Re: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2
Post by: slink on July 13, 2004, 01:45:25 pm
Quote from: "Flenker"
I love how Ray has a nameplate on his monitor even if it all made of paper and pen.


No no, that is the little tag on Teodor's second monitor to show it is the output of Ray's machine. You can see it in one of the first couple of panels.

I did like this though.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: St_Zartan on July 13, 2004, 03:37:42 pm
My favorite bit was the alt-tag. It is basically true. Fuckin' kids.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: Bozack on July 13, 2004, 03:38:19 pm
Hmmm, as much as I love hot Teodor action, I was kind of disappointed in this one. Ah well, different strokes and all that.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: Mantonio on July 13, 2004, 04:15:34 pm
Yet more proof that under his facade of cool, Ray's life is the saddest thing.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: CortJstr on July 13, 2004, 04:17:00 pm
All hail Roast Beef, Coder of Java, Traveller of Space, Visitor of the Great Beyond, Cyborg, and Master of the Van Eck Phreak.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: Mantonio on July 13, 2004, 04:18:04 pm
Quote from: "Asherdan"
I got a kick out of the unstated purpose of this exercise, mocking and blackmail.


Well, I can't imagine Teodor and Beef would want to see Ray's nasty porn-viewing habits for fun - girls all smashing cakes with their bottoms, TILF's all seducing their student's in the cafeteria.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: Formica on July 13, 2004, 04:58:08 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
All hail Roast Beef, Coder of Java, Traveller of Space, Visitor of the Great Beyond, Cyborg, and Master of the Van Eck Phreak.

Props for the Van Eck phreaking reference, but I'm guessing this is just Teodor installing a trojan on Ray's machine, or using the Remote Desktop Assistance feature in XP.

And why isn't Ray playing NFS Porsche Challenge or somesuch? With all that cash he's probably got a sweet rig with a Radeon X800 or a GeForce 6800.

And he's reduced to jumping a gif over his background of Everest. So Ray, and yet so not.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: arlucasinc on July 13, 2004, 05:31:50 pm
What really surprised me about this strip is Beef's surprise at Teodor's setup. You'd think that Beef would be down with this type of thing already. But maybe he's more into coding and less into networky type stuff. Although he did hack the shit out of (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142004) yahoo personals.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: Formica on July 13, 2004, 06:29:04 pm
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
What really surprised me about this strip is Beef's surprise at Teodor's setup. You'd think that Beef would be down with this type of thing already. But maybe he's more into coding and less into networky type stuff. Although he did hack the shit out of (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142004) yahoo personals.

Beef also respects Teodor's hardware skills, as he built his own machine like a straight player. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03042004)
Title: Re: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2
Post by: Flenker on July 13, 2004, 07:14:02 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Flenker"
I love how Ray has a nameplate on his monitor even if it all made of paper and pen.


No no, that is the little tag on Teodor's second monitor to show it is the output of Ray's machine. You can see it in one of the first couple of panels.

I did like this though.


ahh yes, I see that now.  Thanks for pointing it out.  

And this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03042004) is exactly what I was trying to think of earlier, I knew someone would track it down eventually
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: V-Adore on July 13, 2004, 08:41:23 pm
I just love the idea that Ray is doing this. No doubt Ray's machine could play an actual racing game of some sort -- he just hasn't sussed to that yet, and besides, this way he has the thrill of assembling his very own Mt. Everest challenge course.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: sailor on July 13, 2004, 09:35:19 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
My favorite bit was the alt-tag. It is basically true. Fuckin' kids.


The alt-tag hit me in the face and was all "who told you you was done laughin' already?"

I'm totally going to use the duel-browser-motorcycle-Mt. Everest-challenge-course trick to impress girls.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: St_Zartan on July 13, 2004, 11:12:32 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
I'm totally going to use the duel-browser-motorcycle-Mt. Everest-challenge-course trick to impress girls.


Have you heard of this Web Site called "Newgrounds"? You will be fighting off the Violent Advances of eager young women with a Sharpened Stick, or perhaps a comedy Nail-in-Board combo ("Guaranteed laughs. Wait until you reveal the Secret. 98¢").
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: sjlimmer on July 14, 2004, 04:45:17 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
My favorite bit was the alt-tag. It is basically true. Fuckin' kids.


I'm actually at the library to read this right now.  Stupid movers haven't delivered my stuff yet, and the cable company hasn't turned on my cable modem yet either.

Maybe I should be playing this game.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: jough on July 14, 2004, 05:31:25 pm
ADDICT!

"Gotta get my Achewood fix... gotta find 'net connection... must... post... MUST... POST."
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: Bozack on July 14, 2004, 10:14:36 pm
Quote from: "jough"
ADDICT!

"Gotta get my Achewood fix... gotta find 'net connection... must... post... MUST... POST."


Hahaha, yesssss. Currently, DUE TO STORMS, I am without power. Luckily, all of the coffeeshops in my area have sussed to the fact that Starbucks CHARGES for internet access, and they don't HAVE to. They hold this fact close to their hearts and stroke it, late into the night, hoping that this will keep the Big Bad Starbucks away. That, and whenever the main indie coffeeshop in our town hears wind that Starbucks is about to open a location, they buy the building and install their own coffeeshop in it. Thus, we have 3 of the same indie coffeshops within line-of-sight of eachother. At one point, two of the shops are literally 5 blocks from eachother.
But, yes, I'm posting this by the grace of God, Apple and Day's Coffee, which is technically a gay coffeebar, but doesn't really get hopping until after 7 and has the cleanest restroom in town.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: sailor on July 14, 2004, 10:24:57 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "sailor"
I'm totally going to use the duel-browser-motorcycle-Mt. Everest-challenge-course trick to impress girls.


Have you heard of this Web Site called "Newgrounds"? You will be fighting off the Violent Advances of eager young women with a Sharpened Stick, or perhaps a comedy Nail-in-Board combo ("Guaranteed laughs. Wait until you reveal the Secret. 98¢").


oh yes. i can't count the number of hot MILF's i've scored from that site alone.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on July 15, 2004, 03:58:21 am
Quote from: "Bozack"

But, yes, I'm posting this by the grace of God, Apple and Day's Coffee, which is technically a gay coffeebar, but doesn't really get hopping until after 7 and has the cleanest restroom in town.


Isn't it ironic that Heine Brothers isn't the gay coffeeshop in town?  Although, I must confess that I wasn't aware that coffee places had sexual identities now.

Personally, I miss Nancy's Bagel Grounds.  At one time, my perfect breakfast involved me walking out my front door, traipsing 100 yards down Frankfort Ave. and enjoying an everything bagel with lox and creamcheese over the NY Times Crossword in the LEO.  With a cup of Sumatran or some other such strong and fancy coffee.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: wombat on July 15, 2004, 08:43:37 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"

Personally, I miss Nancy's Bagel Grounds.  At one time, my perfect breakfast involved me walking out my front door, traipsing 100 yards down Frankfort Ave. and enjoying an everything bagel with lox and creamcheese over the NY Times Crossword in the LEO.  With a cup of Sumatran or some other such strong and fancy coffee.


Having seen the aerial photo of your neighborhood that you posted a while ago I can see why it was hard for such a place to stay in business.

(Don't tell me it was when you lived somewhere else, because it will destroy such a lovely mental image that I have.)
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: AugustWest on July 15, 2004, 09:11:10 pm
Sorry.  This was when we lived here. (http://terraserver-usa.com/addressimage.aspx?t=4&s=9&lon=-85.7063734328667&lat=38.2541776128&alon=-85.70614944&alat=38.25408979&w=1&ref=A%7c111+N+Clifton+Ave%2c+Louisville%2c+KY+40206)  Our house was the second on the street, by the red push pin.  Nancy's was due west, the last building shown on the north side of the street.
Title: looking over his shoulder in real time July the 13th, 2004
Post by: Bozack on July 15, 2004, 11:37:48 pm
Nancy's CLOSED?
Jesus, man. When I was in New York, I had the weirdest fantasy about working there. I had never stepped through the threshold, but for some reason I had identified it as my dream job. Then I got back to Kentucky and promptly forgot it.
Yeah, here's how it goes:

Heine Bros.- Yuppie coffee.
Day's- Gay coffee.
Highland Coffee- Young hipster asshole coffee.
Starbucks- Coffee for people who are tired of staring at Julian Casablanca across the counter and want to sit in an entirely desolate coffeeshop and read and not be BOTHERED by ASSHOLES, DAMMIT.