The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Choop on July 14, 2004, 10:25:34 pm
-
Does anybody use this feature? Is anybody else signed up to watch threads they've never clicked the "Watch this Topic" link for? It's weird. I'll use the feature on tech fora that are so big I can't track my posts down, but never here, where I read damned near every last thread
Jough, is this a phpBB bug or a prank or something?
-
What the hell are you talking about?
You're signed up for threads to which you've never subscribed?
I don't know - I never subscribe to threads, but you can subscribe to/track one whenever you reply.
So perhaps you did it that way?
-
Yeah, I don't subscribe to threads. See above:
I'll use the feature on tech fora that are so big I can't track my posts down, but never here, where I read damned near every last thread.
Some of them have been threads in which I haven't even posted.
edited: gotta get that quote right
-
That is hell of weird.
I think you can manage your subscriptions from your Profile...
Um, Choop, if it becomes a problem just let me know and I'll venture into the db and try do delete subscriptions where user_id = yours.
However, if I fuck it up and delete the entire board, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY.
-
There's no subscription mgmt available in the profile.
Each time I get an email about it, it includes a link to unwatch the topic, so it's not that tough to work around; I just wish I knew how I was getting signed up for it.
Wait just a goddamned second.
Just right now, for some reason, the "Notify me..." box is checked - I didn't check it. Jough, if you forward me the posting.php template I can take a look to see what might be causing it.
-
I have in the past managed to somehow end up with "Always notify me of replies" turned on in my profile on other phpBBs despite having previously had it set to "off". It's probably not what's going on here but it never hurts to consider the obvious anyway.