The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: PinkStainlessTail on July 15, 2004, 01:15:48 am

Title: The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on July 15, 2004, 01:15:48 am
Holy mother of god and shit, this is the best thing I've heard in ages. WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED EARLIER?

(Some bits'n'pieces here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000CABDC/104-0500821-2421509?v=glance).)
Title: The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
Post by: Limmo on July 15, 2004, 06:31:43 am
I just read a rave review of this on everyone's favorite indie-snob page, Pitchfork Media, and checked out the soundbites on Amazon.  I dunno, I guess I would need to hear more...hopefully they will show up on iTunes.  The Secret Machines didn't do much for me either, and from their description, I thought they would be right up my alley.

Back to my Charlie Parker CDs.
Title: The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
Post by: Bozack on July 15, 2004, 11:46:55 pm
Yeah, my old boss loved that CD.


Would that she loved me....
Title: The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
Post by: sailor on July 25, 2004, 03:37:26 am
ack!

[chokes on tweemo]
Title: The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
Post by: JorgeFabregas on July 28, 2004, 02:51:58 am
Nonsense. There will be no pour mouthing of this band with disparaging genre names. They are good! And fun! And a little weird! They have a new album out, too. From what I've heard of it, it's also good.
Title: The Fiery Furnaces' Gallowsbird's Bark
Post by: sailor on July 28, 2004, 08:34:47 pm
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Nonsense. There will be no pour mouthing of this band with disparaging genre names. They are good! And fun! And a little weird! They have a new album out, too. From what I've heard of it, it's also good.


ggkktt!

still choking on horrible tweemo.
must kill belle and sebastian for inspiring all this drippy shit.