The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Gimpson on July 15, 2004, 11:21:34 am

Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: Gimpson on July 15, 2004, 11:21:34 am
The blogs this week have had me worried about the state of Beef and Molly's relationship.  It seems they're doing OK now...  

Molly apparently did have to do something about the Pepsi can light, and rightly so.
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: Choop on July 15, 2004, 01:44:18 pm
Not last week I saw a pair of "Roo's" sneakers in a pizza joint where I was eating. (they were on a different customer's feet) Would a pocket count as a device?

Any shoe which features puff-embroidery of any sort is right out. What's wrong, Beef?
Title: Re: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: Formica on July 15, 2004, 04:31:49 pm
Quote from: "Gimpson"
The blogs this week have had me worried about the state of Beef and Molly's relationship.  It seems they're doing OK now...

I don't think they're out of the woods yet. The honeymoonish aspect of Molly returning to the old jumpin' dirt seems to be giving way to Beef's dark side: his inability to reconcile that others care about his mental state and the corresponding difficulty he has perceiving attention of any kind as anything but criticism or guilt.
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: CortJstr on July 15, 2004, 04:52:01 pm
I expect Molly will be dead again by the end of the year. So Beef should enjoy things while he can. At least until his next temporary song with the choir eternal.
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: V-Adore on July 15, 2004, 08:42:20 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Not last week I saw a pair of "Roo's" sneakers in a pizza joint where I was eating. (they were on a different customer's feet) Would a pocket count as a device?

I had a pair of these when I was a wee small kid and recall them being awesome. However, I am not sure a shoe with a pocket should be considered awesome to anyone above about age 7.

As for Beef and Molly's relationship, I think they're reaching a point of, well, functional dysfunctionality -- things aren't firing on all cylinders, but that's becoming increasingly normal.
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: sailor on July 15, 2004, 11:30:56 pm
I hope Beef ain't talking about something like these...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2004/news/story?id=1735086

If I actually saw somebody wearing a pair of these the medics would not be able to stop my laughter.
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: St_Zartan on July 16, 2004, 12:56:05 am
The pocket on a Kangaroos sneaker is only big enough to hold one thing of any use to someone in their target demographic, and that is, of course, a quarter.

A quarter that you will never, ever be able to remove from that pocket. Somewhere rotting beneath what must be yards and yards of garbage there i a pair of velcro Kangaroos containing two unplayed games of Moon Patrol goddammit.

I saw a German commercial for them once ("Kangaroos Super-Shoes!"  the announcer gravely intones there at the end) in which some dude being pursued by angry dogs got up to the edge of this cliff, and then remembered the nine-foot-long dog-pleasin' string of sausage links he had stuffed into, er, his shoes.

Germans fuckin' lie.
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: slink on July 16, 2004, 04:17:19 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

I had a pair of these when I was a wee small kid and recall them being awesome.


Likewise.
I remember using the pocket to collect money for a sponsored walk in the village.
They were the best! And were they not advertised by Marcus Allen? 'Cause I had a Raiders top that had Allen and whichever number he was on. 11? I forget.
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: AugustWest on July 16, 2004, 04:31:20 pm
Slink, I would never have pegged you as an NFL fan.
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: Gimpson on July 16, 2004, 07:10:45 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
I hope Beef ain't talking about something like these...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2004/news/story?id=1735086

If I actually saw somebody wearing a pair of these the medics would not be able to stop my laughter.


Oh.  My.  God.  

The fact that the name of the company that makes the shoes is "Dada Footwear" kind of makes me think that the President is laughing all the way to the bank...
Title: What do you think I am? Prince? - 15 Jul 2004
Post by: slink on July 17, 2004, 04:29:21 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Slink, I would never have pegged you as an NFL fan.


More so back in the day.
We don't get great coverage over here so I don't see it often, and nowadays get confused by all these new teams. I mean, the Houston Whom? (I just got given a Texans tee by a friend who it was too big for).

I did watch last years superbowl however.