The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: sailor on July 17, 2004, 10:27:13 pm

Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: sailor on July 17, 2004, 10:27:13 pm
ebay: yikes, that's up to 225 bones for an acrylic 5x7?? And i thought i loved 'stad

photo contest: psssssssst! buy gear!
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: JorgeFabregas on July 17, 2004, 11:09:52 pm
I was tickled pink to see that he had, in fact, bought a copy of the Hardy Boys Detective Manual or whatever recently.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: V-Adore on July 17, 2004, 11:11:43 pm
I wonder what counts as a "landmark?"

I'll be traveling to Pigeon Forge soon, and if possible I could have my picture taken in my Sanryobuki shirt posing near... I dunno, the Pigeon-Forging Monument or something.

(It is a shame there's no Hiram the Blacksmith shirt.)
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: jough on July 17, 2004, 11:15:46 pm
I still have my Hardy Boys Detective Handbook.  I expect many great strips to come out of that purchase.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on July 18, 2004, 12:17:35 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'll be traveling to Pigeon Forge soon, and if possible I could have my picture taken in my Sanryobuki shirt posing near... I dunno, the Pigeon-Forging Monument or something.


I want to see this.

I unfortunately only have a sweatshirt, not a tshirt.  So I am trying to come up with an idea that doesn't involve dying of heatstroke in DC in August.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: V-Adore on July 18, 2004, 12:41:39 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'll be traveling to Pigeon Forge soon, and if possible I could have my picture taken in my Sanryobuki shirt posing near... I dunno, the Pigeon-Forging Monument or something.


I want to see this.

I'm not actually sure if any such thing exists, but I know that the Pigeon Forge town symbol is a blacksmith with hammer and anvil, and pigeons are flying off the anvil. Flying off!

I hope there's a statue of this.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: AugustWest on July 18, 2004, 03:04:27 am
Wow, I would have thought that the town symbol for Pigeon Forge would have been a big ol' bear trap clamped around the leg of a guy in plaid Bermuda shorts with a camera around his neck.  Maybe some dollar signs would be flying away or something.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: linnea on July 18, 2004, 03:29:16 am
AUGH

Sweet MERCIFUL CHRIST

WHY, OH WHY, DO I HAVE TO BE UNEMPLOYED?

*sniffle*

I would like a painting of Philippe. :(((((((((((((((( <-- extra mouths for SADNESS
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: sailor on July 18, 2004, 09:50:37 am
I dunno if any of y'all saw/remember a girl who posted a pic back on dumbrella of this awesome DIY achewood shirt that said simply, in cooper black: "Philippe is standing on it."

I am so gonna make my own one of those, and [brag]with my degree in photograhy,[/brag] I am HELL OF gonna win this damn thing.

(that is, as soon as i figgur' out a category and barring that 'stad won't disqualify DIY shirts.)
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: jough on July 18, 2004, 10:46:06 am
Quote from: "sailor"
I dunno if any of y'all saw/remember a girl who posted a pic back on dumbrella of this awesome DIY achewood shirt that said simply, in cooper black: "Philippe is standing on it."


I think I do remember that.

(http://achewood.plagiarist.com/images/shirt.jpg)
(http://achewood.plagiarist.com/images/shirt2.jpg)

Something like that?
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: CortJstr on July 18, 2004, 02:47:13 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
I unfortunately only have a sweatshirt, not a tshirt.  So I am trying to come up with an idea that doesn't involve dying of heatstroke in DC in August.

When we had our own Achehead Day last year I'd planned on going to the spider fountain near the Archives metro but was too lazy. But I do have some pics of me in a Todd shirt in front of a former U.S. Capital building in VA so I might submit those.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: andalucia on July 18, 2004, 05:58:08 pm
Much to the bewilderment of my fellow students, I have my Special Boy shirt with me in Trois-Pistoles.  However, I'm not terribly sure that qualifies as especially interesting.  The most astounding thing that I have encountered here is poutine with hot dogs in it.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: Bozack on July 18, 2004, 07:44:34 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Much to the bewilderment of my fellow students, I have my Special Boy shirt with me in Trois-Pistoles.  However, I'm not terribly sure that qualifies as especially interesting.  The most astounding thing that I have encountered here is poutine with hot dogs in it.



......JESUS. It really IS another country!
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: sailor on July 19, 2004, 12:07:19 am
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "sailor"
I dunno if any of y'all saw/remember a girl who posted a pic back on dumbrella of this awesome DIY achewood shirt that said simply, in cooper black: "Philippe is standing on it."


I think I do remember that.

(http://achewood.plagiarist.com/images/shirt.jpg)
(http://achewood.plagiarist.com/images/shirt2.jpg)

Something like that?


yikes. hella CJ'd. so i was dyslexic about the font. so what.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: llimllib on July 19, 2004, 03:52:27 pm
I think the very best thing about that first picture is the deep fryer in the background showing the attractive french fries sitting in a basket.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: sailor on July 20, 2004, 03:34:43 pm
Ok, i wanna know who's all bidding on that painting. It makes sense that it's some of you all, so fess up. It's up to $380!!!  I wanna watch it go down and get all mean and nasty and not like Phillipe AT ALL.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: AugustWest on July 20, 2004, 04:23:15 pm
Quote from: "llimllib"
I think the very best thing about that first picture is the deep fryer in the background showing the attractive french fries sitting in a basket.


That and the tits.

Wow, I think I may have been channeling Jough there for a minute.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: CortJstr on July 20, 2004, 04:32:38 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "llimllib"
I think the very best thing about that first picture is the deep fryer in the background showing the attractive french fries sitting in a basket.

That and the tits.

Wow, I think I may have been channeling Jough there for a minute.

Either that or further justifying your new title. Besides, what's not to like when it comes to boobs?
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: sailor on July 20, 2004, 05:52:44 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "llimllib"
I think the very best thing about that first picture is the deep fryer in the background showing the attractive french fries sitting in a basket.


That and the tits.

Wow, I think I may have been channeling Jough there for a minute.


Deja vu.
These exact two things were the topic of discussion when these pics were first posted almost two years ago.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: Bozack on July 20, 2004, 06:36:22 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "llimllib"
I think the very best thing about that first picture is the deep fryer in the background showing the attractive french fries sitting in a basket.


That and the tits.

Wow, I think I may have been channeling Jough there for a minute.


YOU ARE RAD.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: Limmo on July 21, 2004, 06:16:48 pm
The auction is now up to $405.  Man.  All Onstad has to do is crank out a painting once every two weeks and he can stop worrying about us not buying merchandise.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: jough on July 21, 2004, 09:12:00 pm
This one may go higher because it's the FIRST.

I mean, if he had 20 of them on there, eventually they'd just go for $15 a piece and end up in the back of someone's garage.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: Limmo on July 21, 2004, 09:57:12 pm
An excellent point.
Title: eBay/Photo Contest
Post by: AugustWest on July 22, 2004, 04:10:49 am
Quote from: "Limmo"
The auction is now up to $405.  Man.  All Onstad has to do is crank out a painting once every two weeks and he can stop worrying about us not buying merchandise.


$202.50 per week?  Dude, you must have hella low expenses.