The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on July 22, 2004, 07:37:58 pm

Title: Anybody else watch Reno 911?
Post by: AugustWest on July 22, 2004, 07:37:58 pm
Funniest show on TV.  

My favorite moment is when the guy cons the deputy into shooting his neighbor's dog.
Title: Anybody else watch Reno 911?
Post by: CortJstr on July 22, 2004, 11:10:31 pm
I like it but it can be spotty. But I guess that's to be expected with any improv-based entertainment.

The bit with the Klu Sux Klan was great.
Title: Anybody else watch Reno 911?
Post by: Choop on July 23, 2004, 04:13:09 am
Yeah, I love improv, and about a third of that cast is from one of my favorite sketch-comedy shows, The State, shown on MTV(and had previously starred in You Wrote It, You Watch It, hosted by Jon Stewart, also shown on MTV). I dug the episode with the evangelist, but they really shine when they're out on duty. The creepy old lady with the water heater? Awesome! Ku Sux Klan? Agreed, Cort -- the fact that those KKK (KSK?) guys show up every so often always gets me.

Geek: "Also I'm immune to any kind of projectile weapon or spells below the 16th level--"
Officer: "You immune to pepper spray?"
Officer pepper-sprays Geek


Beautiful.
Title: Anybody else watch Reno 911?
Post by: AugustWest on July 23, 2004, 05:08:21 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Ku Sux Klan? Agreed, Cort -- the fact that those KKK (KSK?) guys show up every so often always gets me.


This isn't a cross.  It's a T.  A T for tolerance.  A T for teamwork!

He's accident prone.
Title: Anybody else watch Reno 911?
Post by: CortJstr on July 23, 2004, 12:54:36 pm
It's also funny how many of the crazy people they deal with are just the officers with their faces blurred out. It gives the whole thing a nice low-budget thing.

And weren't the State people the same ones who did Viva Variety? If I remember right the head officer (I can't remember his name) was Mr. Laupin. Quickly Robin, to IMDB!

(time passes)

Well I'll be, I was right. I miss Johnny Bluejeans.
Title: Anybody else watch Reno 911?
Post by: Choop on July 23, 2004, 01:14:47 pm
I think Johnny Bluejeans (Michael Ian Black) is now on Ed. I've seen him getting more and more famous recently; good for him. He was on VH1's I Love 4.3 Seconds Ago; too bad for him.

Remember when I typed his name in parintheses? That was awesome.
Title: Anybody else watch Reno 911?
Post by: jough on July 23, 2004, 06:48:56 pm
Yeah, I remember earlier today.  Choop wrote Michael Ian Black's name in parentheses.  It was a great time to be a member of the OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board (TOUAMB).

Man, that was just clean living.