The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on July 22, 2004, 09:10:53 pm

Title: Achewood Thread on SDMB
Post by: AugustWest on July 22, 2004, 09:10:53 pm
Here. (http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=267784)

I hope this gets some interesting response from the dopers.
Title: Achewood Thread on SDMB
Post by: jough on July 22, 2004, 10:47:23 pm
So did you just misspell your handle over there or is there some significance to "AugestWest"?
Title: Achewood Thread on SDMB
Post by: AugustWest on July 23, 2004, 01:59:58 am
No, August West was already taken when I made the change.
Title: Achewood Thread on SDMB
Post by: elfbabe on July 23, 2004, 09:50:00 am
I was going to reply to that, but the board was being all pokey.
Title: Achewood Thread on SDMB
Post by: Mite on July 23, 2004, 01:39:09 pm
Yeah, since the board went subscription-only it's gotten speedier, but the hamsters running the generators over there still fall asleep on the job occasionally.

Mite - 150 posts since 1999 - dedicated full-time doper lurker.
Title: Achewood Thread on SDMB
Post by: AugustWest on July 24, 2004, 01:14:52 am
Yeah, I have almost exactly the same number of posts on the SDMB since May '99 as I do on this board since August '03.
Title: Achewood Thread on SDMB
Post by: andalucia on July 27, 2004, 08:27:11 pm
That is fairly neato.  I remember, having grown up with the Straight Dope books, how it was going to adapt to the presence of the Internet, where all the information in the world lives, and it seems to have done well for itself.