The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: TALKYdude on July 28, 2004, 07:02:03 pm

Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: TALKYdude on July 28, 2004, 07:02:03 pm
Oh my God this is the funniest one in ages! Cats making fun of dogs. I love you 'Stad. I'm a dog person but I like cats just fine.
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: TALKYdude on July 28, 2004, 07:02:33 pm
I'm a lot more reassured about the Molly and Beef relationship now.
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: CortJstr on July 28, 2004, 07:12:05 pm
Beef has attained the perfect "I don't know" pose in panel 4. And I know he's yelling but seeing Beef talk with caps still looks weird.
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: jough on July 28, 2004, 07:14:25 pm
Man, what day was this strip posted?
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: TALKYdude on July 28, 2004, 07:16:12 pm
Sorry jough :-)
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: AugustWest on July 28, 2004, 07:18:11 pm
This is a great one.  It's also wonderful to see Molly and Beef laughing and cutting up in bed.  Very romantic in a goofy kinda way.
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 28, 2004, 09:06:34 pm
This was one of the funnier bits in a while. It had to be tough not to draw Ray #####ing the Ken doll, but restraint from the crossover is only a good thing.
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: V-Adore on July 28, 2004, 09:41:31 pm
This is a good strip; for those worried about Molly and Beef, we clearly have a return to a happier relationship model here.

Also, this seems to reinforce the strange place that dogs have in the Underground -- they're obviously not anthropomorphic, as seen here, in Pat's blog, and in other places. The only example we've ever seen of a talking dog is Scrambles, and aside from an elliptical reference to Ray winning money at poker from "that dog in a retarded sweater,"  (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01112002) we see no other reference to dogs having civilization or interacting in the Underground.

Maybe this is just Onstad's way of making it clear that nobody in the cast is a dog?
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: doomglobe on July 29, 2004, 12:20:21 am
My name is scrambles and I am lost!
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: CortJstr on July 29, 2004, 12:24:48 am
I suggest that Scrambes was actually a stuffed dog. Thus his stuffed animalness elevated him above regular dogs (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=05112004&allnav=). Hence his command of english as opposed to the regular dog yelling language.
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: sailor on July 29, 2004, 08:57:26 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I suggest that Scrambes was actually a stuffed dog. Thus his stuffed animalness elevated him above regular dogs (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=05112004&allnav=). Hence his command of english as opposed to the regular dog yelling language.


I suffer a sudden, chilling desire and extreme longing for a new Ray's Place.
Title: ARE YOU THE THING THAT CRAPPED BY THE GAS STATION July 28th
Post by: TALKYdude on July 29, 2004, 06:15:51 pm
I just noticed that Molly's telling all the jokes and Beef is kind of the straight man. I like a funny woman.