The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Mantonio on August 02, 2004, 07:03:37 am

Title: You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
Post by: Mantonio on August 02, 2004, 07:03:37 am
So I guess that put's to rest any question about whether Ray's done it asleep style.  Solo, anyway.
Title: You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
Post by: starlight on August 02, 2004, 11:14:06 am
Hee!  I'm liking Waterbury more and more everyday.

..and Ray wearing that helmet is priceless :D
Title: You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
Post by: CortJstr on August 02, 2004, 04:27:07 pm
Tomorrow Ray wakes up not only in the helmet and pads but with headgear and one of those sproingy rubber tethers attaching him to bed.
Title: You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
Post by: SolGrundy on August 02, 2004, 04:40:09 pm
The strip itself is reasonably funny.

The tooltip text puts it over the edge to brilliant.
Title: You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
Post by: V-Adore on August 02, 2004, 06:02:58 pm
"Somn-onanist" is a fantastic word, and I intend to use it the moment I find someone to whom it is applicable.

This is one of those strips that iosn't funny for any one particular reason but through a confluence of factors. Ray's little sleep outfit; his reaction to Waterbury; the word "somn-onanist"; the exposition-style alt text to explain the joke and Ray's species to anyone confused -- it's all up ons, to use technical terminology.
Title: You are also something of a somn-onanist - 8.2.04
Post by: Bozack on August 02, 2004, 10:46:27 pm
I actually laughed out loud at this one, or, rather LOL'D!!!! OMFG!

I just love that final line....I think we're done talking about this.