The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on August 02, 2004, 03:52:08 pm

Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: jough on August 02, 2004, 03:52:08 pm
Hey kids,

As of 1 August 2004 we have been canoodling around on this board for a whole YEAR.

So Happy Birthday Board, and Happy Anniversary Board Members.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: CortJstr on August 02, 2004, 04:24:57 pm
Get thee down, be thou funky.

W00t!
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 02, 2004, 05:02:33 pm
Hooray!

The Achehead Forum:  Carlos del Vaca's second-most-visited on-line community![/i]  

There's my endorsement.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: V-Adore on August 02, 2004, 06:04:42 pm
Hooray! Strange to think I've been hanging around with you motley group of weirdos and Acheheads for a year now. It only feels like 1691 posts or so, really.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: sailor on August 02, 2004, 07:00:03 pm
yeah ok great thanks. happy b-day website

how long was achewood on dumbrella up fo'?
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: V-Adore on August 02, 2004, 07:07:48 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
yeah ok great thanks. happy b-day website

how long was achewood on dumbrella up fo'?

I have no idea and am slightly curious myself. However, since the strip has only run since October 2001, the maximum lifespan of the message board could only have been 22 months (October 2001-August 2003) -- and that's assuming the message board began on the first published day of the strip, which it probably didn't, and ran right up until the opening of this MB, which I know it didn't.

Any Dumbrellites who can enlighten li'l ol' me?
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: andalucia on August 02, 2004, 07:16:29 pm
Go board go!  And, of course, extra cheers for those among us hip and avant-garde enough to join on the first day.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: CortJstr on August 02, 2004, 08:09:53 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Go board go!  And, of course, extra cheers for those among us hip and avant-garde enough to join on the first day.

Why don't we just go all snotty and add "charter member" tags like Anime On DVD did. Plus we can find some way to electronically ##### newbies. Let the hazing begin!
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: wombat on August 02, 2004, 08:20:00 pm
Bummer, I thought for once in my life I was all hip and avant-garde but I see that a handful of people signed up before the first day.

Happy birthday and thank you all for being there and amusing me through hard times.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: jough on August 02, 2004, 09:17:44 pm
Yes, technically it was the night of the 31st that the board was being set up, and some people got in on the action RIGHT AWAY, but the 1st of August 2003 is officially the first day of the new board.

A new header image is coming.  I meant to make it yesterday but I was so damn busy.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: starlight on August 02, 2004, 09:29:05 pm
Yay!  happy birthday board for which I posted on more than the dumbrella one! (that isn't sayin' much I s'pose)

...and wow, I cannot believe I got right in on the action on the first night ..certainly been a bit of a slacker since though ;D
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: ferocious j on August 02, 2004, 11:18:14 pm
U R ALL COCKSWALLOWZ

RAGERAGE

heh

In all seriousness, I wish a happy birthday upon the board and wish it continued happy existence.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: CortJstr on August 03, 2004, 12:14:25 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Bummer, I thought for once in my life I was all hip and avant-garde but I see that a handful of people signed up before the first day.

Happy birthday and thank you all for being there and amusing me through hard times.

Yup, apparently I was the last person to snag a July 31st date. Go me.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: llimllib on August 03, 2004, 02:18:06 am
I have been lurking for probably a year and a half, and have increased my status to occasional contributor due to this world wide web board's occasional excellence. Congrats, unofficial Achewood forum.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: AugustWest on August 03, 2004, 03:59:04 am
Happy Birthday Board (and Board denizens!)

I love y'all!

Your pal,

August
Member since 7/31/03
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: AugustWest on August 03, 2004, 04:00:13 am
Quote from: "llimllib"
I have been lurking for probably a year and a half,


Insert smartass comment here.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: side_show on August 03, 2004, 05:38:23 pm
Hoorah!

*raises her Nalgene bottle*

Here's to a years' worth of the avoidance of the work I should be doing!

Here's to y'all!

And as for being a lurker - I always thought of the term "lurker" as being applied to child molesters until I saw it applied to those who viewed but did not join/post.  How creepy is that?!
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: V-Adore on August 03, 2004, 08:35:32 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "llimllib"
I have been lurking for probably a year and a half,


Insert smartass comment here.

Presumably llimllib is including Dumbrella time here. I know I lurked on the Dumbrella board for several months, all reading and laughing and pondering signing up but getting scared off by the imposing visages of Onstad and The Bob Talbot, before finally signing up here a year and two days ago.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: andalucia on August 04, 2004, 06:29:58 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Presumably llimllib is including Dumbrella time here. I know I lurked on the Dumbrella board for several months, all reading and laughing and pondering signing up but getting scared off by the imposing visages of Onstad and The Bob Talbot, before finally signing up here a year and two days ago.


This is why I waited until the big board switchover to join... Man I am such an internet wallflower type.
Title: Happy Birthday Message Board!
Post by: slink on August 06, 2004, 01:53:18 pm
A belated happy birthday to the forum.
My phoneline died for a week or so there so I am just back into this scary world.

Hope i didn't miss any great drunkenness.