The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bozack on August 02, 2004, 10:51:33 pm

Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: Bozack on August 02, 2004, 10:51:33 pm
Man, I should have KNOWN Bryson would be Ray's favorite author. Not a slight on the man, I like his stuff. Or, rather, the cut of his jib.
Actually, lemme lay it out like this:

GREAT THINGS:
1. Bryson
2. Pussy/69-flavored Vodka
3.  please stay tuned on whether salmon is from fresh or salt water.
4. Cat-nip = Whip-Its
5. Toilet taco/Judas Fatback

Point 5 is actually something I talked about with a lady companion yesterday. Let's coin a new word, so A Lady can say that she likes how A Dude makes her BLANK feel without sounding crude! I think we should re-appropriate the word "longshoreman."
Title: Re: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: V-Adore on August 02, 2004, 11:26:37 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"
Point 5 is actually something I talked about with a lady companion yesterday. Let's coin a new word, so A Lady can say that she likes how A Dude makes her BLANK feel without sounding crude! I think we should re-appropriate the word "longshoreman."

Truly this is a good point. I know some people who prefer Victorianisms, but others tend to believe they're over-cutesy, which I can basically grok.

That said, I would not take advice from Ray on the topic. I don't think I've ever read a euphemism less sexy than "toilet taco" -- not even "triangle of light" (found in very prim, very hyperpretentious lesbian porn).
Title: Re: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: wombat on August 03, 2004, 01:20:31 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
"triangle of light" (found in very prim, very hyperpretentious lesbian porn).


Oh man, I really didn't need to know that.

As far as I can tell, Bill Bryson hasn't written a book about South America.  Is Ray such a good friend that he's reading the manuscript, or so clueless that he can't tell South America from, say, Australia?
Title: Re: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: Bozack on August 03, 2004, 01:23:50 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Truly this is a good point. I know some people who prefer Victorianisms, but others tend to believe they're over-cutesy, which I can basically grok.


Quote from: "The Tick"
Mandingo, how I grock your mouth music.


The only Victorianism I can think of is, ummm.....quim? And that strikes me as not very cutesy.[/quote]
Title: Re: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: CortJstr on August 03, 2004, 01:23:55 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
-- not even "triangle of light" (found in very prim, very hyperpretentious lesbian porn).

Sounds like reverse hentai
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: side_show on August 03, 2004, 05:28:27 pm
I'm sorry, I guess I'm not up on the down low,  but can anyone clairify what Whip-Its are?  Is this getting high off Nitrous Oxide from whipped cream cans or something?
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: Gimpson on August 03, 2004, 05:49:55 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
I'm sorry, I guess I'm not up on the down low,  but can anyone clairify what Whip-Its are?  Is this getting high off Nitrous Oxide from whipped cream cans or something?


Yes, Nitrous...
Title: Re: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: V-Adore on August 03, 2004, 09:12:56 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
-- not even "triangle of light" (found in very prim, very hyperpretentious lesbian porn).

Sounds like reverse hentai

It actually sort of was. If I'm recalling this correctly, it was one of those Sailor Moon lesbian pieces written by a fangirlwoman who was SHOCKED, SHOCKED AND OUTRAGED that straight guys were writing raunchy, lame lesbian hentai and responded to it with anti-raunchy, also lame hentai.

Quote from: "Bozack"
The only Victorianism I can think of is, ummm.....quim? And that strikes me as not very cutesy.

The one I've heard a lot of is "cunny," which I can see as being a little twee. "Quim" is fine, though.
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: Bozack on August 03, 2004, 09:22:24 pm
I see "cunny" as something very different from "twee." The usage of "twee" I was aware of describes "Belle & Sebastian," whereas I would describe the word "cunny" as "horrifying beyond belief." Also, with your knowledge of the ins and outs (and ins and outs and ins and outs, har har) of fanfiction hentai, I'm pretty sure I'd like you to be my sensei.
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: Ben-San on August 04, 2004, 05:08:18 am
"Triangle of Light" makes me think of this (http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/attach/68/220068/laserpu$$y.jpg).
(Warning: not work-safe or small-child safe, kind of weird)
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: V-Adore on August 04, 2004, 05:16:34 am
Quote from: "Bozack"
I see "cunny" as something very different from "twee." The usage of "twee" I was aware of describes "Belle & Sebastian," whereas I would describe the word "cunny" as "horrifying beyond belief."

Entirely reasonable.

Quote
Also, with your knowledge of the ins and outs (and ins and outs and ins and outs, har har) of fanfiction hentai, I'm pretty sure I'd like you to be my sensei.

Lesson One:
The vast majority of it sux teh coq. If you get lucky, some of it will be good for a laugh.
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: jough on August 04, 2004, 05:32:38 am
Quote from: "Ben-San"
"Triangle of Light" makes me think of this (http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/attach/68/220068/laserpu$$y.jpg).
(Warning: not work-safe or small-child safe, kind of weird)


Quote
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/attach/68/220068/laserpu$$y.jpg on this server.


Yeah, 403 errors are kinda weird.

I guess you have to be a member to see the image, slick.
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: Ben-San on August 04, 2004, 05:41:48 am
I lose. Please inform me of where I may proceed to commit seppuku and recover the shards of my fallen honor.
Title: Re: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on August 04, 2004, 03:27:42 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I know some people who prefer Victorianisms, but others tend to believe they're over-cutesy, which I can basically grok.


Like cunny, right? Cunny is basically the worst word for anything ever.

(edit: why yes, I should have read the whole thread before commenting.)
Title: Re: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: V-Adore on August 04, 2004, 11:26:21 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I know some people who prefer Victorianisms, but others tend to believe they're over-cutesy, which I can basically grok.


Like cunny, right? Cunny is basically the worst word for anything ever.

(edit: why yes, I should have read the whole thread before commenting.)

I am not sure it's worse than "toilet taco," but yes, it's certainly on the top ten list of Euphemisms Even Less Sexually Alluring Than "Secret Junk."
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: Bozack on August 04, 2004, 11:56:48 pm
I actually really like "pink secret."

SUGGESTED USAGE: "I hung out with Tina last night. It was totally out of left field, but I ended up getting to know her pink secret."
Title: Rays Place for August 2nd, 2004- JUDAS FATBACK
Post by: V-Adore on August 05, 2004, 12:44:12 am
"pink secret" is a touch cutesy, but it's in a classy way. It suggests a little delicacy about the subject.