The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Mimosa VII on August 08, 2003, 09:50:39 am

Title: Rye bread sandwich with Saltines as only filling (08-06-03).
Post by: Mimosa VII on August 08, 2003, 09:50:39 am
Well, it's very good, isn't it?
 If Onstad had read this board he probably wouldn't have done it.

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08062003).
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: jough on August 08, 2003, 10:12:25 am
Well, I think Onstad does read this board, but he won't let on.

Anyway, good strip.  Always glad to see Vlad.

But poor Beef is still suffering even more humiliation and discomfort at being confronted about his ways.

So is this an intervention?

Teodor is hella looking out for his boy Beef.  Maybe it'll be a turning-point in the Middle Cat's life.
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: beverly on August 08, 2003, 10:46:43 am
(http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d644/d64434igc4h.jpg)  (http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf800/f893/f89351tsgd7.jpg)

!?!?!!?
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: slink on August 08, 2003, 11:55:07 am
I liked it. Thought it was worth the wait, as long as he remembers to post two today to make up for the wednesday snaffoo!
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: CortJstr on August 08, 2003, 01:08:08 pm
Sometimes reading about Beef makes me feel better about my own level in geekdom. Shower cap? Damn.
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: ferocious j on August 08, 2003, 06:02:51 pm
I'm just glad to see Vlad.  That guy's one of my all-time favorite characters.
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: V-Adore on August 08, 2003, 06:42:43 pm
Vlad, here in full force, is of course a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

I feel sorry for Beef, though; he's obviously thinking about Molly here. No doubt he's picturing himself ending up with some living girlfriend and all making Molly angry, all dying eventually, all showing up in Heaven with a big ol' red A on his forehead, and all God saying "THOU SHALT NOT TWO-TIME LADIES  THAT IS TERRIBLE"

Then again, any Heaven in which Blister can have a good time probably isn't too down on polyamory...
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: Choop on August 12, 2003, 03:00:35 am
V-Adore, you're my new favorite forum poster.
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: V-Adore on August 12, 2003, 05:24:42 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
V-Adore, you're my new favorite forum poster.

Well, gosh. ... I think I'm going to swipe this as a frighteningly self-absorbed sig, if nobody minds.
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: jough on August 12, 2003, 05:49:17 am
Here's one for you:

V-Adore is funny, charming, inquisitive, and doesn't smell too bad.
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: V-Adore on August 12, 2003, 06:48:13 am
You can't see me right now, but I am blushing right to the core of my googly eye. PROPER.
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: pmcd9 on August 12, 2003, 07:44:56 am
Wow, it's a lovefest.

BTW, where the hell if our Den Mother?

~Paul
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: jay-ell on August 12, 2003, 02:32:02 pm
I'm here!  Dammit, you can't take a single night off these days.  

I saw Pirates of the Carribean with my sister-in-law.  It was neat*.  

*This is also the word I used to describe The Godfather.  My spouse marvels at my eloquence.  
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: AugustWest on August 12, 2003, 03:04:46 pm
Oh, come on now.  Are you some kind of philistine?  

Everybody knows that The Godfather is Nifty Keeno.  "Neat".  Feh.
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: jay-ell on August 12, 2003, 03:30:28 pm
Hey guys, how far off topic can we get before somebody locks this thread?
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: jough on August 12, 2003, 04:10:33 pm
Pretty far, evidently.

I'm not sure I see the use in locking active threads anymore.  It just encourages animosity.

I'm not saying that we should let the board become the Wild West, because then it kinda sucks for everyone, but what the hell.  If even our own Den Mother posts things about the Godfather being neat in the thread for last Wednesday's strip (posted Friday), then what the HELL people?
Title: Comic, August 6
Post by: jay-ell on August 12, 2003, 04:42:47 pm
Eh.  I locked it because it seemed fairly dead already.  If people still want to talk about this strip, fine by me, but seeing as how nobody posted anything really relevant besides "Hey, this strip was neat," I figured this conversation was going nowhere, fast.