The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on August 06, 2004, 07:22:37 pm

Title: Name my softball team
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 06, 2004, 07:22:37 pm
It's Friday.  I am bored.  Hence this stupid post for your reading pleasure.

For reasons that you wouldn't care about, my long-standing softball team may be changing its name.  I would like to propose "Trogdors" or "Burninators" (I already tell my players "Great jorb" when they come off the field after a win), but I fear no one will get it.

Which got me thinking:  If I was going to go for an EVEN MORE obscure web comic/toon, what Achewood-themed name could our team have?

Perhaps the "Roombas."  Though I'm sure you all could come up with something else even more entertaining.
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: AugustWest on August 06, 2004, 07:38:04 pm
Hows about the Todds.
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: Mantonio on August 06, 2004, 07:51:25 pm
The Flayed Bozack's
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: Choop on August 06, 2004, 07:53:16 pm
H.U.G. S.Q.U.A.D
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: jough on August 06, 2004, 08:43:03 pm
How about "The Giraffe Placentas."

Or "Due to Punishment"?

Of course, those are more TOUAMB references more than Achewood references.

How about the N.O.T.O.R.I.O.U.S. L.I.N.C.O.L.N.'s?

Or "Philippe is Standing on It"?

Maybe the "Rabbit Ambulances" or "Sock Monkeys"?

How about Occular Shenanigans?

Or "Suckin' Dick Made this Team"?
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: CortJstr on August 06, 2004, 09:08:07 pm
Illegal Ghost Bikes!
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: V-Adore on August 06, 2004, 09:19:15 pm
My advice would be to read through the archive and pull stuff from there. There are way too many possibilities, honestly.

I wholeheartedly support "The Sexual Homeboys" and "The Illegal Ghost Bikes," though.
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: Formica on August 06, 2004, 11:13:10 pm
I second "The Saddest Things" though that might not be so great for morale.

"The Drum Machines" sounds better than standing on it.

"The Death Sound".
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 07, 2004, 01:23:22 am
Somnonanists

Peppermint Honchos
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: CortJstr on August 07, 2004, 01:45:05 am
Six Kinds of Nasty
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 07, 2004, 01:57:43 am
Asleep Style!
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: Ben-San on August 07, 2004, 04:15:27 am
The Dirtiest Dudes In Town (or just The Dirtiest Dudes).

Unfortunately, Rock & Roll Faggots is only acceptable as a team name in certain limited leagues.
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: sailor on August 07, 2004, 10:12:59 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Illegal Ghost Bikes!


this or, to go back to the source, just "homestar runners", which has a baseballish ring to it.


or sex funeral.
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: sailor on August 07, 2004, 10:20:43 am
239,000 miles from The Cure.
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: CortJstr on August 07, 2004, 02:53:47 pm
Java Be Dancin'

So Bad We Made the News

Permit to Rhyme
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: wombat on August 07, 2004, 07:21:34 pm
OK, I am ignorant but, doesn't a team name have to be of the form 'The Nouns'?  So that 'Peppermint Honchos' and 'Illegal Ghost Bikes' are team names but 'Asleep Style' and 'Not Afraid of the Police' are not?
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: Golfhaus on August 07, 2004, 08:56:02 pm
Not these days.. it became trendy a few years ago to use a verb as the team name, the first example which pops into my head is the Dallas Burn soccer team.

Nowadays, you can call a team any ol' thing you want and the good lord God will provide.
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: sailor on August 07, 2004, 09:28:13 pm
Ok. It's all over. This is it: Gandhi's Waterslide.
Title: Name my softball team
Post by: Va on August 20, 2004, 07:48:00 pm
I really can't believe nobody suggested this already:  The Rad Chilies (http://www.achewood.com/dat/comic/07172002_orig.gif).