The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: palm trees on August 09, 2004, 10:57:50 am
-
Molly Sanders, I am schocked and appalled.
also laughing pretty loud
-
Yeah palm trees, I was pretty shocked by Molly's latest, too.
Wow, just was completely not expecting that ender!
Now it'll be hard to sleep with that mental image... ahah.
-
HAHAHAHAHA! OH GOD!
Man, that is awesome. Why can't we ALL date girls such as Molly, who find romance a tad cheesy?
-
Well, I really like romance and those things, but sometimes you just want a girl's finger up your ass.
-
Remember just a bit ago when Beef had to imagine (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08132002) what it was like to kiss a girl?
Now he's all gettin' a prostate rubdown. 7 kinky!
-
Wow. Best blog entry EVER. I, too, am shocked, appalled, and laughing my ass off.
Lyle's acute knowledge of gonzo-porn economy is really pretty impressive. I figure it's about three days until he's running this SaniSluts gonzo-porn racket. (Yet another example of the utility of the blogs; if this had come up in-strip, I don't think anyone would be laughing. BOO TO THAT)
-
That is the first time I've read Molly's blog.
I think if I slipped my SO that move, we wouldn't be on speaking terms for a while.
Dirty.
-
The cracks in the Molly Beef relationship are expanding, while at the same time Molly and Teodore seem to becoming closer...
If the relationship between Teodore and Shannon does not work out, I can see some mutual consoling going on.
As an aside, I think a strip where Molly Jams her finger up Beef's ass would be worth seeing. Just to see the expression on Beef's face. Even better if she screamed "You're dumped faggot!!" at the same time. that would really mess Beef up.
-
I don't see cracks expanding. Molly is getting to know Beef better, but she still seems smitten with him.
-
The only expanding crack I see is Beef's ass.
-
As an aside, I think a strip where Molly Jams her finger up Beef's ass would be worth seeing. Just to see the expression on Beef's face. Even better if she screamed "You're dumped faggot!!" at the same time. that would really mess Beef up.
I...I don't think Illustrator could even render Beef's expression should that happen. 'Stad would have to get special permission to use some hell of secret military drawing program and about 8-10 crays for that shit.
-
"Now she's in the shower and she said to get undressed and get into bed. Man this is so sweet."
Oh Beef, you're in for a surprise.
And Teodor's post (http://orezscu.blogspot.com/2004/08/sore-and-sunburned.html) would seem to explain why Ray was actually good at golf with Nightlife... when he was all split on green.
-
"Now she's in the shower and she said to get undressed and get into bed. Man this is so sweet."
Oh Beef, you're in for a surprise.
Actually if he reacts to her finger like Ray reacted to matches (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02212003) then they're both in for surprises.
-
I love L'il' Nephew's entry about carrying briefcases handcuffed to their wrists instead of school bags. Oh man, how cool would that have been?
-
Two words: Six Pouches.
-
Teodor's post seems to verify the "Ray gets incredibly better at golf when under the influence of mind-altering substances," yeah.
On the Molly/Beef situation -- they honestly sound pretty happy. One assumes the entire "finger issue," as it were, is not intendeed malevolently or even as the prelude to a breakup. I think she just wants to see what happens. (I agree that it would take a couple Crays and a mysterious bootleg Photoshop sent back from the future to be rendered right, but that's the price you pay for genius.)
I am proud of Philippe's brave anti-"num chucks" stance. More candidates should take a clear stance on what they think about America's movie-ninja-related problems.
Watch your noggins, Kenny Loggins.
-
I am proud of Philippe's brave anti-"num chucks" stance. More candidates should take a clear stance on what they think about America's movie-ninja-related problems.
Agreed. Next we need a constitutional amendment banning straight to video films featuring washed up UFC partici#####. I am looking to the Poopytime Party to demonstrate this kind of leadership.
-
I am proud of Philippe's brave anti-"num chucks" stance. More candidates should take a clear stance on what they think about America's movie-ninja-related problems.
Agreed. Next we need a constitutional amendment banning straight to video films featuring washed up UFC partici#####. I am looking to the Poopytime Party to demonstrate this kind of leadership.
I don't know - the NNA is a pretty powerful lobby in this country. Once you're on their shit list, your candidacy is pretty much sunk.
-
I find it difficult to make myself read Chris's blog. It kind of freaks me out.
-
I find it difficult to make myself read Chris's blog. It kind of freaks me out.
The weird thing I get from reading Onstad's blog is that, in his "interactions" with the animals, he is like a sort of absent-bad-parent-type figure to his own creations - which is weird, since at this point he seems more dedicated than ever to his characters through his creation of the blogs, a strip that now usually runs every day, etc.
-
Yeah, about Chris's blog: do you think that the stuff that's in there without the characters is actual IRL stuff? For instance, did a phone book REALLY scrape his car? Or is his blog 100% fictional?
-
Yeah, about Chris's blog: do you think that the stuff that's in there without the characters is actual IRL stuff? For instance, did a phone book REALLY scrape his car? Or is his blog 100% fictional?
I think he really did get woken up in the middle of the night because Philippe was playing his little piano, and he really did stash it in the rafters.
-
Or is his blog 100% fictional?
Fictional?????
-
Chris's blog does concern me. It seems like he really is sort of a negligent "parent" figure at best (especially to Philippe, who probably needs it most), and he seems totally out-of-touch with their lives, which feels very strange. Maybe that's why we only see his shoe?
I remain as always stunned and giggling at Ray's total ability to fuck up anything, no matter what. Poor Mr. Bear. The indignity!
Incidentally, is anyone brave enough to try the Awesome? It seems totally gratuitous and decadent in a very Rayesque, so-rich-you-go-straight-from-hungry-to-feelin'-sick way, but I can't tell.
-
I don't see Onstad as a father figure in Acheworld. He's just another housemate. Why should he be more responsible/parental than T-Adore or Mr. Bear? Phillippe has a Mom of his own. Despite that, for some obscure reason he lives on his own as a 5 year old. Onstad's not in loco parentis.
-
I don't see Onstad as a father figure in Acheworld. He's just another housemate. Why should he be more responsible/parental than T-Adore or Mr. Bear? Phillippe has a Mom of his own. Despite that, for some obscure reason he lives on his own as a 5 year old. Onstad's not in loco parentis.
This is true; I think we naturally tend to slot him into an in loco parentis figure, but you're very right that he really isn't. I just find the near-total disinterest sort of disconcerting. He apparently doesn't even read their blogs! One would think a housemate would do more inquiries about, you know, what the hell Lyle is dragging in and why Philippe is up at all hours of the morning (at this point he's practically nocturnal).
I remain as always nonplussed and disquieted about Philippe's living arrangements. With the exception of her profoundly bizarre taste in gifts, Philippe's mom seems able to care for him and concerned about his life; why is it that he lives in Onstad's house instead of with his mother and possible-stepfather? I'm not sure I totally want to think about it.
-
Do the animals age? Maybe Philippe has been 5 years old for a decade now.
Has blog Chris mentioned being married at all? I seem to read it as him implying he's another single guy living in the house.
-
Incidentally, is anyone brave enough to try the Awesome? It seems totally gratuitous and decadent in a very Rayesque, so-rich-you-go-straight-from-hungry-to-feelin'-sick way, but I can't tell.
It sounds a little like a Romanburger (http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/mr_hero_roman.jpg) from Mr. Hero. Maybe some of you don't get Mr. Hero.
(http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/mr_hero_roman.jpg)
It's a sub roll, two hamburger patties, cheese, salami, sauteed onions, mayo and some other things I can't remember but EVERY time I'm back in NE Ohio I have to get me one of these.
They are, as you say in your country, the bomb-diggety.
-
if i Lyle was my roomate,
the last possible thing i'd want to know before i died
would be to know why he is dragging in late.
Lyle reminds me vaguely of an old roomate,
Sampson, who would periodically be around
when other housemates were present.
He'd pop his head into the living room and
present his: "Hey ya'll" and proceed to let us
know what insane thing he did just this very moment:
"Hey ya'll! i just dyed my pubes! Look!"
Except the rather than show his pubes,
i'd imagine Lyle would say:
"I just emptied this bottle!" *CRASH*
I postulate that Blog-Chris is a roomie,
and possibly in the past was enamored
by the fact that his roomates are Alive
Stuffed Animals, but the shiny-shiny-new
has since rubbed off, and he just wants
the fuck*ng piano not to play at 4:30 in
the AM if that's all right with the rest of
the house and GODDAM why is the kitchen
floor STICKY AGAIN!
I further postulate that i'd imagine that Pat doesn't
think that Nice Pete Fellow is quite as Nice as his
name Makes Him Out To Be,
but that whenever Pat get's into a rant,
that Nice Pete can taste the rabidness of it
and actually submits to the sheer pompeistic
potential energy of Pat's impedning aenyrism,
and gives a righteous "right on!" and nods his
head soundly as Pat sputters on about the
utter impossibilities of eating the Fried Chicken
with the inferior and inadaquate Plastic Spork,
all the while agreeing ostensibly with Pat,
yet in his head imaging how difficult it would be
to saw through Bone with the poorly serrated edge
of the spork, and that a metal utensile would work much better.
-
Look everybody! Arkabee wrote us a poem!
Excellent.
Arkabee, You..Are..Rad..
-
I intended to make some sort of "radical prose poem" snarkola comment, but August beat me to it, as usual.
It actually reads very prose-poemy. Especially the part about Nice Pete tasting the rabidness of Pat's impending aneurysm.
-
I'd love to be on the jury when Pat SUES RAY'S PARTY.
I mean, who hasn't been at a party that sucked so much you just wanted to drag the host to court for violation of party radness?
-
I intended to make some sort of "radical prose poem" snarkola comment, but August beat me to it, as usual.
It actually reads very prose-poemy. Especially the part about Nice Pete tasting the rabidness of Pat's impending aneurysm.
I really wasn't trying to be snarky. I liked it.
-
I'd love to be on the jury when Pat SUES RAY'S PARTY.
I mean, who hasn't been at a party that sucked so much you just wanted to drag the host to court for violation of party radness?
Like that concert where the fans sued Creed. This could be an interesting precedent.
-
Like that concert where the fans sued Creed.
this is really true? there is a god? santa does exist?
honestly, as much as i hate Creed, i'd have to say that being able to sue a band because they SUCK SO MUCH would, indeed, be a horrible precedent that my band (if ever formed in a near apologetic future) would never, ever be able to overcome. sigh. no cover of tiger meat for me.
i had to look up what "snarky" meant, because contextually i only new the word as an Alien Race from a Marvel Comic Book. I think. weren't the Snarks the ones menacing the Power Pack (weren't the Power Pack led by the son of the Richards?)?
i have a feeling that Pat and Nice Pete shared a lot of feelings together in prison...
-
The suit contends that "during the Creed concert, Stapp left the stage on several occasions during several songs for long periods of time, rolled around on the floor of the stage in apparent pain or distress and appeared to pass out onstage during the performance."
You know, I can't blame him? Maybe he had a sudden attack of self-realization and deep, deep shame. I mean... I would, too.
Also, I can't figure out how exploitative this whole "Philippe's garbage-can backpack" thing is. Hey, Philippe's having fun, at least.
Also: I have never wanted to hit Little Nephew quite this much before. Sigh.
-
Oh my. I keep forgetting there is a Little Nephew blog! I have been meaning to read it for weeks, but always forgot to blogline it.
I have just spent the day catching up on the last fortnight's entries for every other charcater though.
Nice Pete is easy to catch up on!
-
MOD BUSINESS:
Okay, just for the record, the discussion of Creed has been split into A&E. It should be pretty easy to find.
-
A Hawaiian themed party.
That means there will be bunch of meth-amphetamined asian/polynesians with riced-out hondas robbing Ray's crib tonight. Smooth. At least, that's how it went down at my place.
Word on the local food though: not exactly terrible but he does more-or-less describe the signature local dish, Loco Moco. If I eat it, it looks like this:
A bowl of fried rice with portuguese sausage and/or spam mixed in with the usual ingredients.
One or two Hamburger patties on top.
A bunch of sauteed onions on the patties.
A fried egg or two on the onions.
Drown the whole thing in brown gravy.
Eat. Die. Repeat.
-
A Hawaiian themed party.
That means there will be bunch of meth-amphetamined asian/polynesians with riced-out hondas robbing Ray's crib tonight. Smooth. At least, that's how it went down at my place.
Word on the local food though: not exactly terrible but he does more-or-less describe the signature local dish, Loco Moco. If I eat it, it looks like this:
A bowl of fried rice with portuguese sausage and/or spam mixed in with the usual ingredients.
One or two Hamburger patties on top.
A bunch of sauteed onions on the patties.
A fried egg or two on the onions.
Drown the whole thing in brown gravy.
Eat. Die. Repeat.
i doth et this dish once.
Considering i live in washington stae, it was a rarity. I can't remember where. it was a 24hr place we hit after the bars shut down. some dennys-esqe family place. I remember wanting not a grilled ham n' cheez, not some shit for omlette, and not a burger. i went all indiana jones and order the above mentioned dish. WAIT! i remember now! it was a dive-diner in a fromer hometown of mine---the freeland cafe. (freeland is a town, not a commune)
the waitress bought out this steamin' pile of rice-burger-egg-gravy-somethin and laughter insued.
don't get it.
-
it was a 24hr place we hit after the bars shut down.
That scenario never ever ends well. I always end up eating something unfortunate. Never as bad as that Thing, though. Jesus.
-
You know what? I'm tired of the Beef/Molly cliffhanger. I need some resolution.
When last we saw the happy couple, Molly had instructed Beef to get in bed all unclothed after his shower. She was contemplating a digito-rectal invasion and we all feared tragic results -- or fireworks at the very least. And now... nothing since Tuesday.
I want to know what happened with Operation StinkFinger!
-
I broke up laughing at this:
I remember when I was his age...if you gave me a tool, half an hour later I would have created an object. Oh, snap!
Even on top of the rambling about the kind of music "a party likes" and why parties not depending on a *#*#* is good, that's a killer line.
Also, holy shit Pat is a dick! What the crap! You know, just when I think I'm entirely aware of what a dick Pat is, it just re-blindsides me. Jesus God.
-
Oh no, the real Beef/Molly cliffhanger is back - now that Teodor won't have Shannon to distract him, what's going to happen?
-
Man, better that Molly gets with Teodor than with Lyle. Hell, man, I'm just imagining Molly all strung out on cheap smack, doing an ass-to-ass scene while Lyle jerks it, laughing. It's totally Requiem for a Dream.
-
Man, better that Molly gets with Teodor than with Lyle. Hell, man, I'm just imagining Molly all strung out on cheap smack, doing an ass-to-ass scene while Lyle jerks it, laughing. It's totally Requiem for a Dream.
So that means Beef get's his arm sawed off. Sick! Oh, and Granny K get's all addicted to diet pills and becomes convinced she'll get to be on a gameshow.
-
It does somewhat disturb me that such a situation seems to be lurking in the blogs.
I like the fact so that Beef and Molly are together, yet at the same time she and Teodor are so perfect for each other. Teodor's comments on his date with Shannon brought back such memories of that first moment you realise that, good god you are so not connecting with this person!
Anyway let's just hope that Molly has a thing for the Beef type. Maybe she likes to feel like a saviour?
And I love Pat's blog so much. I hate the guy so much, it's brilliant!
-
Have I mentioned lately that the blogly psychodrama is classic? This is exactly the sort of thing which would get boring in the strips pretty fast -- and let's face it, the last thing this MB needs is an explosion of "sux the coq" and "NEEDS MORE LYLE" in the wake of a boring strip sequence -- but in blog format, hearing all of this from the characters' perspective directly, makes for great reading.
Part of me is afraid to inquire too deeply about the Molly/Beef/Teodor theoretical love triangle. Part of me has to admit that I really wouldn't blame Molly if she did end up with Teodor, still.
-
Part of me has to admit that I really wouldn't blame Molly if she did end up with Teodor, still.
Yeah, I feel really bad. If I were Beef, and Molly left me for Teodor (as girls can do, leaving the guy who's socially awkward yet sweet for the more suave dude), it would be another brick in my massive wall of cynicism, but as an outside observer....
God DAMMIT, this online comic has made me actually think about my relationships with other people! SHITCOCK!