The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: sailor on August 10, 2004, 10:18:28 am

Title: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: sailor on August 10, 2004, 10:18:28 am
I'm feelin' bad for Ray. I don't like to think of the guy as basically retarded.

But that lost in thought face is gold.
Title: Re: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on August 10, 2004, 02:02:11 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
I'm feelin' bad for Ray. I don't like to think of the guy as basically retarded.

But that lost in thought face is gold.


Ray's not retarded. He's the buddha.

No, okay, he's retarded.
Title: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: AugustWest on August 10, 2004, 02:29:29 pm
I've been toying with a theory that Ray is actually the feline incarnation of Jimmy James.
Title: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: Lane on August 10, 2004, 02:35:50 pm
He threatened the queen?
Title: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: St_Zartan on August 10, 2004, 03:33:45 pm
Quote from: "Lane"
He threatened the queen?


I thought maybe someone was threatening Ray, and it was in the Empire's interests to keep him alive. I mean the dude is a billionaire.
Title: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: CortJstr on August 10, 2004, 04:20:48 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I've been toying with a theory that Ray is actually the feline incarnation of Jimmy James.

If that makes a feline Patrick Warburton his arch nemesis then I am all about this comparison.
Title: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: CortJstr on August 10, 2004, 04:26:52 pm
Quote from: "Lane"
He threatened the queen?

I don't recall anything in the strip but he could've said something in Ray's Place kind of off hand. Or maybe it was something that we never actually saw in the strip but we'll find out about it later.
Title: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: V-Adore on August 10, 2004, 05:15:14 pm
And it unfolds!

I'm not sure who precisely the "threat" is from or is directed at -- for all one knows, Waterbury/Archibald is actually observing Pat for possible threats to the Throne, and Ray is just the most convenient possible face.

I am fond of the "changing Ray's mental diaper" line, and also the entire concept of a musical about a guy who has to gain optimism to eat the largest steak in the world.
Title: Steak/On - Aug 10
Post by: ferocious j on August 10, 2004, 08:06:54 pm
I think it possible Ray may have prank-called the Queen all crunk up on somethin', and we just never saw it.