The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bozack on August 11, 2004, 06:32:10 am
-
Oh, man, this is totally like my actual college.
I was thinking of using "Hate is a Fag," but I remembered the classic "FAG WARS" of.....like, a month or two ago.
-
"Hate is a Fag" is so, so,, so close to some classes offered at Evergreen State College. ( my current school and Matt Groening's alma mater) If i saw it in the catalog, i wouldn't even blink.
-
The last two Achewoods so totally remind me of TvGoHome (http://www.tvgohome.com). That site was so awesome.
-
My association with "Hate is a Fag" is a fellow from my high school who was on some sort of Canadian teenage reality series to try and get a record deal. He was known amongst my friends for having played a show on Stop Racism Day (http://www.pch.gc.ca/march-21-mars/) at which he yelled to an enthusiastic crowd "And remember, racism is gay!" I kind of think that no amount of meaning well can make that one OK.
-
He was known amongst my friends for having played a show on Stop Racism Day (http://www.pch.gc.ca/march-21-mars/) at which he yelled to an enthusiastic crowd "And remember, racism is gay!"
Wow. That encapsulates high school right there.
-
Wow. Just... wow.
You know, I think I actually took Know Your Fast Food last semester -- it was a class called "Shopping: Desire, Compulsion, and Consumption," and it dealt heavily with consumer psychology and tne interplay between stores and consumers with regard to projecting image and choosing what to buy. We didn't talk much about the homey imperfection of Carls Jr., but every class makes mistakes.