The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: revdj on August 18, 2004, 03:24:57 pm

Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: revdj on August 18, 2004, 03:24:57 pm
I love this line:

How come you kids are so GOD DAMNED stupid and just do the stupidest thing possible every SINGLE SECOND OF THE GOD DAMNED DAY?
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: V-Adore on August 18, 2004, 07:14:47 pm
This is one of those strips that I had somehow totally forgotten about, but it's classic, for the visuals alone.

Also, note Ray's hypocrisy re: the visible-underwear situation.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 18, 2004, 07:22:24 pm
Yes, I did like this one when it ran the first time. I wonder what the decision making process is to either say 'we return tomorrow' or 'here is a reprint'. I'm thinking Magic 8 ball.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: sailor on August 18, 2004, 07:22:45 pm
I that that line enough to change my sig.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: side_show on August 18, 2004, 07:43:23 pm
I actually find myself waiting for this to happen.  Perhaps I should get into the whole manufacturing of tiny "knee belts" now, and become a knee belt millionaire in a few years.  

One question:  has any one ever seen pant5 fall off a kid with the low pant5?  Cause I haven't, and I always wonder how they stay up, cause unlike in the strip, the kids I see have no belts.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: andalucia on August 18, 2004, 08:15:21 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
I actually find myself waiting for this to happen.  Perhaps I should get into the whole manufacturing of tiny "knee belts" now, and become a knee belt millionaire in a few years.  

One question:  has any one ever seen pant5 fall off a kid with the low pant5?  Cause I haven't, and I always wonder how they stay up, cause unlike in the strip, the kids I see have no belts.


According to my high-school observations, spontaneous pant-falling is not as common as one might think; however, #####ing rates spiked after the popularization of appallingly baggy trousers.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: CortJstr on August 18, 2004, 08:26:31 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
One question:  has any one ever seen pant5 fall off a kid with the low pant5?  Cause I haven't, and I always wonder how they stay up, cause unlike in the strip, the kids I see have no belts.

Well the whole trend supposedly started to mimic beltlessness. So only posers actually wear belts on their baggy #####.

In HS I also wondered how they kept their shoes on after they'd removed the laces.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: St_Zartan on August 18, 2004, 08:45:02 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Well the whole trend supposedly started to mimic beltlessness. So only posers actually wear belts on their baggy *****.


I cannot possibly imagine a situation in which real live human beings would all come together on the idea that not having a fuck*ng belt, of all the goddamned things, makes one more honest and / or fuckable.

SHIT! I OWN A BELT! HOW CAN I HIDE THIS FACT FROM MY FICKLE PEERS -

BUYING JEANS BIG ENOUGH TO HOUSE AN EXTENDED FAMILY OF MIGRANT WORKERS IS CLEARLY THE SOLUTION!!!!!
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: TALKYdude on August 18, 2004, 09:09:23 pm
They should have just put the belt loops on the inside and that way no one would have to admit they're wearing a belt.
Do these young hip hop aficionados not understand the joys of a sublime (http://www.beltbuckleshop.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/4498pcdontmesslonghorn.jpg) or preposterous (this one's probably owned by His Knobbiness (http://www.naaminis.com/pix/cc22_bbl.jpg), JT) belt buckle? Some of them are even pimp (http://www.beltbuckleshop.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/sycc.jpg).
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: CortJstr on August 18, 2004, 09:48:11 pm
Sometimes, just for a moment, I'll forget why I hate Texas. Then something like this comes up.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: sailor on August 19, 2004, 09:13:16 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"


In HS I also wondered how they kept their shoes on after they'd removed the laces.


cuz up in tha ghetto, you just straight up cut an solid inch off yo laces fo every one o' yo fallen homies. Cuz, shit, they straight up got shot, so's the leastest you can do is empathize wit dat shit by all strugglin' wit a shorta' shoe string.

Homies wit no laces, day done straight up lost all day homies.

hellz, yeah.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: andalucia on August 19, 2004, 01:32:37 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I cannot possibly imagine a situation in which real live human beings would all come together on the idea that not having a fuck*ng belt, of all the goddamned things, makes one more honest and / or fuckable


Well, practically speaking, not wearing a belt would technically make one more fuckable.


Sorry.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: TALKYdude on August 19, 2004, 01:48:18 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I cannot possibly imagine a situation in which real live human beings would all come together on the idea that not having a fuck*ng belt, of all the goddamned things, makes one more honest and / or fuckable


Well, practically speaking, not wearing a belt would technically make one more fuckable.


Sorry.

I know 'LOL' isn't the style around here, but nevertheless, there it is. LOL. I cannot tell a lie.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: side_show on August 19, 2004, 01:59:25 pm
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
I cannot tell a lie.


Would it be the nose on you avatar that would grow?  Cause look at that little "ancient" dude, he's all proud of his c*ck to the max.

Hey how come AlohaDawg can't have a squirrel with testicles, but you can have a full-frontal little guy?  I mean the squirrel was all up in yo' face rude, but it was a squirrel - you're avatar is semi-human, and it's obvious nakedness is okay.  How does this work out?  I actually enjoyed both yours and AD's avatars, and hope you keep your little naked guy.  Just wondering though.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: TALKYdude on August 19, 2004, 02:04:03 pm
Actually my little guy is a sheelanagig, which is a pre-Christian female fertility charm. Google sheelanagig for more, but briefly, they've found a few hundred of them, principally in Ireland but also in England, and they're generally grotesque, leering old women, holding their...bento boxes open. So that's not a dude's pepper or anything.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: agnes on August 19, 2004, 02:15:18 pm
No no no no it's because when you're in LOCKDOWN they take your belt and shoelaces so you don't strangle or garrotte or otherwise constrict the airflow of yourself or any of your grizzled peers. And since being in jail is pretty much the ultimate cred, the kids started picking up the look (and their pants, which "stone fell down").
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: CortJstr on August 19, 2004, 03:57:22 pm
Quote from: "agnes"
No no no no it's because when you're in LOCKDOWN they take your belt and shoelaces so you don't strangle or garrotte or otherwise constrict the airflow of yourself or any of your grizzled peers. And since being in jail is pretty much the ultimate cred, the kids started picking up the look (and their pants, which "stone fell down").

This is exactly what I was getting at. I'm glad somebody around here is in the know.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: doomglobe on August 19, 2004, 05:34:33 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
I cannot tell a lie.


Would it be the nose on you avatar that would grow?  Cause look at that little "ancient" dude, he's all proud of his c*ck to the max.

Hey how come AlohaDawg can't have a squirrel with testicles, but you can have a full-frontal little guy?  I mean the squirrel was all up in yo' face rude, but it was a squirrel - you're avatar is semi-human, and it's obvious nakedness is okay.  How does this work out?  I actually enjoyed both yours and AD's avatars, and hope you keep your little naked guy.  Just wondering though.


it is in the spirit of achewood to never reference genetalia. thats why.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01252002
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: V-Adore on August 19, 2004, 05:38:24 pm
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
Actually my little guy is a sheelanagig, which is a pre-Christian female fertility charm. Google sheelanagig for more, but briefly, they've found a few hundred of them, principally in Ireland but also in England, and they're generally grotesque, leering old women, holding their...bento boxes open. So that's not a dude's pepper or anything.

Wow, I am totally educated.

Also, "bento box," while not exactly classy, is still a better euphemism than "toilet taco."

Anyway, my guess on acceptability here would be that AD's squirrel, for lack of a better term, was GODDAMN HUGE and animated, thus making it impossible to gloss over or avoid in a casual forum-reading session. The little sheelanagig is of average avatar size, which is to say "small and relatively gloss-over-able," and not nearly as explicit. Or animated. Or explicitly animated.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: side_show on August 19, 2004, 05:53:54 pm
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
generally grotesque, leering old women, holding their...bento boxes open. So that's not a dude's pepper or anything.


Sounds like Sunday morning on a North End bus to me.

I like that I always new that it was human genitals, but that I had the wrong gender.  The uglies.  How 'bout that.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: doomglobe on August 19, 2004, 08:21:05 pm
it is like one of those little pop-up thermometers from the frozen turkeys.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: St_Zartan on August 20, 2004, 01:16:18 am
Obliquely related to this strip: I just this very minute got a spam e-mail whose subject line was simply "rutty". Impressed by their pluck, I opened and read it anyway, but it was just some barely legible crap about Cialis.

The semantic connect between a (relatively) obscure Concept like "rutty" and Boner Pills is refreshing. Normally, the subject lines are all so fuck*ng literal.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: jough on August 20, 2004, 01:42:41 am
Quote from: "side_show"
Hey how come AlohaDawg can't have a squirrel with testicles, but you can have a full-frontal little guy?  I mean the squirrel was all up in yo' face rude, but it was a squirrel - you're avatar is semi-human, and it's obvious nakedness is okay.  How does this work out?  I actually enjoyed both yours and AD's avatars, and hope you keep your little naked guy.  Just wondering though.


Jough's whims are capricious, 'tis true.
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: TALKYdude on August 20, 2004, 02:19:26 am
I want to see AlohaDawg's squirrel with testicles. Still got him around, AlohaDawg?
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 20, 2004, 02:29:14 am
Of course I do. But there are a lot of old ladies and wannabe old ladies around here who get offended when ol' Nutsack the Squirrel makes an appearance. Regardless of the language bandied about this place. Go figure. Anyhow, you can see him (and steal him from) here:

Nutsack (http://fourcatsinabag.blogspot.com/animal.gif)
Title: Rerun: 8/18
Post by: TALKYdude on August 20, 2004, 02:47:41 am
I love it!