The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: jough on August 20, 2004, 04:33:08 am

Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: jough on August 20, 2004, 04:33:08 am
Hey kids,

I'm going to be in London next week, and given JL's delicate condition I have made V-Adore a temporary admin in my absence.

So be careful not to incur her wrath.  I'm just saying.

-- Jough
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: V-Adore on August 20, 2004, 05:03:10 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
OHHHHHH VVV-eeeeeee!

::bats eyes::

Enjoy the pubs over there jefe.

No, you don't get a custom title. So there!

However, much like Fearless Leader, I will accept tips--

ARGH! Power... corrupting.. absolute power... kind of neat...

Anyway, safe travels, Jough!
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: jough on August 20, 2004, 05:44:55 am
I'll be sure to have internet access, so it's not like I won't be checking in to FUCK YOU UP if you mess with V.

Not that you won't already be pre-fucked up by V anyway.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: CortJstr on August 20, 2004, 01:10:46 pm
Quote from: "jough"
I'll be sure to have internet access, so it's not like I won't be checking in to FUCK YOU UP if you mess with V.

Not that you won't already be pre-fucked up by V anyway.

It's not "sloppy seconds" it's just "previously fucked." Kind of like how they have "previously enjoyed" Jaguars.

I'm surprised V hasn't used her mod powers to change her own title though.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: AugustWest on August 20, 2004, 01:18:12 pm
Have fun, Jough.  But be careful.  I understand that they have Anarchy in the UK.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: Limmo on August 20, 2004, 05:01:49 pm
Enjoy.  Go to Belgo Centraal in Covent Garden if you get a chance.  You know, if places where a hundred different kinds of beer are served to you by waiters dressed as monks are your thing.  Or you like mussels.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: slink on August 20, 2004, 06:25:03 pm
London?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

But enjoy. It can be done there I guess. Though the weather isn't very nice over here at the moment. We've been getting the tale ends of a hurricane for the last fortnight and it's just been pissing down. The floods in the south are on a South American scale, it's scary.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: side_show on August 20, 2004, 06:30:16 pm
Oh, slink, I'm so very endeared by you.  You just used the word "fortnight" in a sentence, and although you may have been meaning to be silly, I like imagining you using that sort of more formal English in you day to day speech.  Unlike us North Americans, eh?
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: andalucia on August 20, 2004, 06:47:47 pm
London does have the supersuperawesome Tate Modern, though.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: Limmo on August 20, 2004, 07:20:23 pm
Laura and I went to the Tate Modern in the summer of 2000, not long after they opened.  Mistake.  Overcrowded and utterly claustrophobic.  This was the same day that the bridge across the Thames from the Tate was announced to be, well, more wobbly than a bridge should be.

I'd love to go again, at a time when it's all a little less Soylent Green up in there.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: V-Adore on August 20, 2004, 07:27:03 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
I'll be sure to have internet access, so it's not like I won't be checking in to FUCK YOU UP if you mess with V.

Not that you won't already be pre-fucked up by V anyway.

It's not "sloppy seconds" it's just "previously fucked." Kind of like how they have "previously enjoyed" Jaguars.

I'm surprised V hasn't used her mod powers to change her own title though.

For now, I resist. But just wait, I'm sure the power will overwhelm me before too long and I'll be forced to take my title into my own hands, cackling maniacally.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: St_Zartan on August 20, 2004, 08:48:32 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
For now, I resist. But just wait, I'm sure the power will overwhelm me before too long and I'll be forced to take my title into my own hands, cackling maniacally.


It's just Maniacal Cackle Central around here lately. What's next, hitting up eBay for cat-with-arched-back-shaped cookie cutters?
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: slink on August 20, 2004, 09:05:18 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
You just used the word "fortnight" in a sentence, and although you may have been meaning to be silly, I like imagining you using that sort of more formal English in you day to day speech.


Ummm. Totally serious actually.
I am sort of an English Ray. I am very pernickity about using fairly good English when I speak, just because I hate what is done to it by colloquialism.

A friend of mine gave me a hard time for, in a letter I recently sent her, using the phrase 'I hope this finds you well'!

Shucks.
And I do have a fairly plain English accent too. Most of the time.
I may have to start reading Oscar Wilde aloud.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: Bozack on August 21, 2004, 05:09:03 am
Quote from: "slink"
I may have to start reading Oscar Wilde aloud.


I may have to start punching you.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: slink on August 21, 2004, 02:08:01 pm
Quote from: "Bozack"

I may have to start punching you.


And that, and the fact I feel the same way, is why I don't!
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: side_show on August 22, 2004, 01:24:35 am
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Bozack"

I may have to start punching you.


And that, and the fact I feel the same way, is why I don't!


Bozack enters as Slink lounges on the chaise

Slink. How are you, my dear Ernest? What brings you up to town?

Bozack. Oh, pleasure, pleasure! What else should bring one anywhere? Eating as usual, I see, Algy!

Slink. [Stiffly.] I believe it is customary in good society to take some slight refreshment at five o’clock. Where have you been since last Thursday?

Bozack. [Sitting down on the sofa.] In the country.

Slink. What on earth do you do there?

Bozack. [Pulling off his gloves.] When one is in town one amuses oneself. When one is in the country one amuses other people. It is excessively boring.

Slink. And who are the people you amuse?

Bozack. [Airily.] Oh, neighbours, neighbours.

Slink. Got nice neighbours in your part of Shropshire?

Bozack. Perfectly horrid! Never speak to one of them.

Slink. How immensely you must amuse them! [Goes over and takes sandwich.] By the way, Shropshire is your county, is it not?

Bozack. Eh? Shropshire? Yes, of course. Hallo! Why all these cups? Why cucumber sandwiches? Why such reckless extravagance in one so young? Who is coming to tea?

Slink. Oh! merely Aunt Augusta and Gwendolen.

Bozack. How perfectly delightful!

SLink. Yes, that is all very well; but I am afraid Aunt Augusta won’t quite approve of your being here.

Bozack. May I ask why?

Slink. My dear fellow, the way you flirt with Gwendolen is perfectly disgraceful. It is almost as bad as the way Gwendolen flirts with you

The pair pause for a moment, over taken by a certain emotion.  A sissy, flittering slap fight ensues.  Cucumber Sandwiches and luke warm tea is thrown about. End
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: Choop on August 22, 2004, 03:57:31 am
Smells, You. Are. Rad.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: Bozack on August 22, 2004, 06:50:33 am
Jesus, S.S.
It's like you looked deep into my soul. You are UNCANNY.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: slink on August 22, 2004, 11:41:32 am
Wow.
Yes...
Superb.


I have to say, the other one I use often, although purely in mocking, is 'shall we take a turn about the room' from P&P. Always struck me as such a silly idea.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: arkabee on August 22, 2004, 06:13:31 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Bozack enters as Slink lounges on the chaise


that was super cool writing stuff.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: V-Adore on August 22, 2004, 07:39:17 pm
AWESOME. This is all.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: TALKYdude on August 22, 2004, 07:49:17 pm
That was delightfully silly.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: side_show on August 23, 2004, 02:18:56 pm
*smirking*  Aw, gee folks, thank you.

Quote from: "slink"
Shall we take a turn about the room?


How delightfully ostentatious!  Indeed, we shall, and I might show you Mother Cresida's well endowed...Lilies. It will be quite a row!
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: jough on August 25, 2004, 06:51:24 am
This is a good thread.  I approve.
Title: LEAVING FOR EUROPE
Post by: side_show on August 25, 2004, 01:50:29 pm
As the father figure of the board, I take your aproval very seriously, and I hope you get to hear talk just like this during your travels.