The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Va on August 24, 2004, 10:01:04 pm

Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: Va on August 24, 2004, 10:01:04 pm
Has anyone bought the Cook's Set, or just the Teodor apron?  Is it a good, high-quality apron?  I've been coveting the Cook's Set for some time, but if the apron isn't good, I'll just buy the cookbook.
Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: Gimpson on August 27, 2004, 08:50:21 pm
I have the apron, but I don't think I really know what a "nice apron" is.  The material is kind of thin, if that's what you mean.  

I definitely recommend the Ray's Rad Chiles, though.  It's actually my favorite hot sauce for eggs and breakfast stuff.  It's garlicy, but not too hot, and doesn't reek of vinegar.  I keep meaning to go to the website of the company that makes the sauce to see if I can get a cheaper, non Achewood branded bottle of their sauce.
Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: Choop on August 28, 2004, 04:38:33 am
Va, go to Target and get one of their $7.99 aprons. No shipping (unless you're talking about the extra $.27 in gas to stop there on your way past) and it's a nice sturdy cloth which does a fine job; plus, my green one's got two pockets and an adjustable neck. A fine apron for the money.
Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: Va on August 30, 2004, 02:12:40 pm
BUT...it doesn't have a picture of Teodor on it.  My point is, I'd dearly love to have an apron with Teodor on it, and that it's red is a bonus, but not if it's a total piece of crap.
Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: V-Adore on August 30, 2004, 06:21:31 pm
Quote from: "Va"
BUT...it doesn't have a picture of Teodor on it.  My point is, I'd dearly love to have an apron with Teodor on it, and that it's red is a bonus, but not if it's a total piece of crap.

Well, you could always madd bootleg that shit: buy a good apron and use a printed T-shirt transfer (or a silkscreen if you have connections) to get a picture of Teodor put on it.

I do not normally recommend this method, but I find it reasonable in the event that Onstad is not holding up his end of the "not selling crappy merch" bargain. I've really started to consider it for my swiftly-decaying Sanryobuki shirt.
Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: Limmo on August 30, 2004, 10:34:32 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I do not normally recommend this method, but I find it reasonable in the event that Onstad is not holding up his end of the "not selling crappy merch" bargain. I've really started to consider it for my swiftly-decaying Sanryobuki shirt.


Seconded.  My Sanryobuki shirt was contributed to Goodwill several months ago.
Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: Va on August 30, 2004, 11:18:30 pm
I wish Onstad would make some of his styles available on onsies or baby t-shirts.  Why don't you want my money, Onstad?
Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: jough on August 31, 2004, 12:17:32 am
I'll make you some baby stuff with Achewood related imagery on it.

How much of your money are we talking about?
Title: Does anyone have the Teodor apron?
Post by: Va on August 31, 2004, 02:01:11 pm
Hmmmm.  Onsies (those baby garments that are like a combined t-shirt and under##### with snaps in the crotch) ordinarily cost around $20 for a five pack--that is for totally ordinary, unembellished white cotton, so call it $4 per.  I guess I'd be willing to pay $6 (plus shipping) for Achewood-themed onsies.  

Alternatively, I'd be willing to pay $1-$2 for iron-on transfers I could apply to arbitrary garments.