The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on August 26, 2004, 07:30:41 am
-
Oh, boy. This comic fills me with much trepidation. Much, much trepidation.
The only heartening thing is that they're at least talking. I'm glad Molly didn't hold the whole Make-Out Shed Incident against Beef; that would have been decidedly cruel and unusual on her part, and I like to think she's understanding.
I don't know how much else I have to say about it. It's late.
-
This one really gives a sense of looming doom.
Disagreements on fundamentals, ie living arrangements
Then imagined future problems! They are real relationship killers.
These are the sorts of things that I go through right before the "I know I am going out with you but I choose to ignore you" phase. Which is the phase before the dump.
I like Molly and I like Beef. But I sure would not like to date Beef. Molly however I would take home to mother.
If Beef and Molly break up I might be in with a chance.
-
reminds me of living w/ my gf at the tender age of 18; her dad was all big into oil and had money, so my gf and her sister whom we lived with payed no rent for a big ole rad house in seattle and had i had to pay 400/month which ate up most of my paychecks at the time. and she's all "i never get to hang out with you" and i'm all "cuz a gotta work to live here, darlin, it takes up almost all my time" and she's all "then get a 2nd job so you have more money and don't have to work all the time".
DO YOU NOT SEE THE FLAWED LOGIC HERE.
break up/move out followed shortly.
-
Wow, that was a really late strip. Worth the wait, it's classic Beef, and I'm filled with trepidation now as well.
-
Noone could stop me listening to Soundgarden. That would be unjust.
I hope Beef wises up.
-
Doesn't Beef already have the car from Peel Out Summer? Or did he mean a new one?
So if the "real" Beef and Molly break up will Chris keep them together in the strip? That could make for some interesting blogs.
-
DO YOU NOT SEE THE FLAWED LOGIC HERE.
that was a truly beautiful anecdote which easily explains why i never dated a lot as a teenager.
soundgarden- other than "full on kev's mom", is there a bad soundgarden song? hey! i think i just came up with song #2 for my 15 worst songs post. thanks Roast Beef!
I puzzled, for a moment, over why Roast Beef would enjoy sharing a bathroom with his Grandmother, until it dawned on me that he might be sarcastic. Then i realized that his sarcastic voice is no different than his own voice. then i realized now why so many people have no idea what i'm saying, because they can't tell whether i'm being real or sarcastic with them.
More and more,
every day,
i'm becoming to understand Roast Beef and MySelf,
in everyway.
-
So if the "real" Beef and Molly break up will Chris keep them together in the strip? That could make for some interesting blogs.
I don't see why that would happen now that the idea that there's some tension between them has been brought up in the strip too.
Dammit, I had refrained for sooo long from commenting on both blog/strip continuity AND the Beef and Molly relationship.
-
I made my girlfriend read this strip this morning, as she will be moving in with me shortly. She assured me that I am in fact allowed to have a car, she likes Soundgarden (I don't), and model boat kits are A-OK.
I'm kind of hoping that when she moves in it will lead to a healthier diet for me, so she is welcome to nag me about red meat.
-
This isn't really an argument, though, since most of the conversation is inside Roast Beef's head.
It's clear that like most men, he will argue with her in his mind and then just capitulate to whatever to avoid the argument.
And yes, I think the gramma K thing was sarcastic, but let's face it, how many years does the old lady have left in her?
-
jough, that cat buried a brand new shirt based on his imaginary fears.
-
How can Beef be considering marriage when he views living with Gramma K as a measure of protection against having another woman rule his life? The devil you know, etc?
-
What are those weird shadow-looking shapes in the yard? I love the shoe and the folding chair, the zen of Achewood is details like that. I really want the bedside lamp to be sitting on a phonebook, but I don't think that's what it is.
-
[On further reflection while staring at today's strip] Isn't that so Beef the way the blanket creases where he tucks it under himself? I do it too, I like to be snug and I like the feeling of the blanket confining me.
And Molly's cat knee, and the way she has the cover tucked under her arm to hide her breasts like a human girl propping herself up on her elbow in bed might.
-
[On further reflection while staring at today's strip] Isn't that so Beef the way the blanket creases where he tucks it under himself? I do it too, I like to be snug and I like the feeling of the blanket confining me.
And Molly's cat knee, and the way she has the cover tucked under her arm to hide her breasts like a human girl propping herself up on her elbow in bed might.
Lovely. The cat knee thing is very cool. Nice catch.
-
I hadn't noticed the cat knee thing. That kind of freaks me out; I don't really like being reminded that these characters are animals.
-
Molly: What the fuck is wrong with Soundgarden?
-
Molly: What the fuck is wrong with Soundgarden?
She probably has no problem with the group outside of Beef's personal paranoia