The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: andalucia on August 26, 2004, 01:14:52 pm

Title: Photo Contest
Post by: andalucia on August 26, 2004, 01:14:52 pm
Prizewinning photo doesn't really do it for me, but I do have an internet crush on the Golden Gate Bridge fella.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: AugustWest on August 26, 2004, 01:20:25 pm
That's funny, the grand prize winner does it for me.  I, uh, gotta go now.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: arkabee on August 26, 2004, 01:30:02 pm
indeed, that was a contest worth waiting for.

and,,,

is that miles our miles?
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: TALKYdude on August 26, 2004, 01:49:00 pm
And, where is the "I am in Chicago" one? I hope he'll put some of those on the extended entries page he does later. In fact I hope some of my fellow Chicagoans bothered to fuck*ng enter. I wish I had.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: CortJstr on August 26, 2004, 02:35:54 pm
The winner is great. It's like our Suicide Girls meets Achewood which can only result in radness. I mean, hey, we have sections for both here already anyway
Title: Re: Photo Contest
Post by: side_show on August 26, 2004, 05:10:20 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"
Prizewinning photo doesn't really do it for me, but I do have an internet crush on the Golden Gate Bridge fella.


Yes, me too.  Ah, bedhead does it for me every time.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: sailor on August 26, 2004, 06:03:37 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The winner is great. It's like our Suicide Girls meets Achewood which can only result in radness. I mean, hey, we have sections for both here already anyway


More like Maxim meets Achewood.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: St_Zartan on August 26, 2004, 06:34:19 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
More like Maxim meets Achewood.


Mark your calendars - sailor and I actually agree on something here.

If I have to see just one more self-consciously oh-so-sassy Naughty Mainstreamed-Indie Girl today, I may well vomit my lungs right out of my mouth.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: CortJstr on August 26, 2004, 06:41:39 pm
I've never actually seen Maxim, Stuff, or the like so I'll take your word for it.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: Formica on August 26, 2004, 08:01:32 pm
Quote from: "sailor"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The winner is great. It's like our Suicide Girls meets Achewood which can only result in radness. I mean, hey, we have sections for both here already anyway


More like Maxim meets Achewood.


Well if you want to get technical, it's Freezepop's frontwoman (http://www.freezepop.net/pix/images/blue_5.jpg) meets Achewood, but I guess that's nothing new.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: ferocious j on August 26, 2004, 08:33:19 pm
Quote from: "arkabee"
is that miles our miles?

I would say no, definitely.  Our miles has indicated that he is 25, and Contest Miles is not.  I know Contest Miles from a completely different messageboard that isn't Dumbrella, oddly enough.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on August 26, 2004, 09:05:49 pm
Maybe he's just too young for me but... the Golden Gate Bridge guy, seriously?  His head is such a strange shape.  And what's with the ear?

(Sorry if you are reading this, GGB guy, I am sure you have a heart of gold and maybe even a cute butt, but this is what happens when you put your picture on the Internet.  That's why I sent in a picture of my dog.)
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: andalucia on August 26, 2004, 09:39:49 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
And what's with the ear?


...what's wrong with his ear?  I went back to the picture and looked intently earward, but it looks fine to me.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on August 26, 2004, 10:38:50 pm
I dunno, it looks like it's been pasted on at a funny angle.

It's a very amusing photograph though.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: V-Adore on August 26, 2004, 11:05:09 pm
I sort of have an internet crush on Contest Miles, if only for his rad effort and shoes. The rest of the entries I am lukewarm about, although I have to admit that that is in fact a remarkable beverage garnish.

Did anyone here actually compete?
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on August 27, 2004, 12:39:11 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Did anyone here actually compete?


My dog did, but she doesn't actually post here, so maybe that doesn't count.  She was hoping that the dachshund was helping him judge the entries and she'd corner the small-dog demographic.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: AugustWest on August 27, 2004, 12:56:28 am
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Did anyone here actually compete?


My dog did, but she doesn't actually post here, so maybe that doesn't count.  She was hoping that the dachshund was helping him judge the entries and she'd corner the small-dog demographic.


I have an internet crush on Wombat.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: linnea on August 27, 2004, 03:11:21 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I sort of have an internet crush on Contest Miles, if only for his rad effort and shoes. The rest of the entries I am lukewarm about, although I have to admit that that is in fact a remarkable beverage garnish.

Did anyone here actually compete?


Heh, I totally feel like a dirty old lady for thinkin this, but the GGB and Contest Miles are ten kinds of hot. I'd hit it.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: Mercury on August 27, 2004, 06:00:54 am
The black/pink-headed girl in the gray Todd shirt is Liz from Freezepop, yeah, and I'm going to go ahead and guess that, since the band is all in love with Achewood and similarly vice versa, the "Sean" who took the pictures is also in the band as well (he plays Casio).

That said, who are the other three girls in the picture? I can't really place the redhead but I KNOW I've seen the orgasm-looking one in the Rabbit Ambulance shirt, and the blonde in the "Everybody Dance" shirt, many times before.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on August 27, 2004, 12:21:52 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"


I have an internet crush on Wombat.


What a relief.  I thought I'd lost you to Va.

Is that our Ferocious J in front of the bridge in the new photos?  I thought he spelled it Jon, but since my dog spells her name Lilly with two L's I'm thinking Onstad is not a stickler for this kind of detail.

And, does he have some kind of prejudice in favor of people named Chris or what?
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: CortJstr on August 27, 2004, 12:42:57 pm
That is totally FeroJ. Don't you recognize "CARNATION INSTANT AWESOME (TM)" when you see it?
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: AugustWest on August 27, 2004, 01:27:02 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AugustWest"


I have an internet crush on Wombat.


What a relief.  I thought I'd lost you to Va.

Is that our Ferocious J in front of the bridge in the new photos?  I thought he spelled it Jon, but since my dog spells her name Lilly with two L's I'm thinking Onstad is not a stickler for this kind of detail.

And, does he have some kind of prejudice in favor of people named Chris or what?


Props to Va and all, but that could not happen.  Also, I have plenty of internet love to go around to all the ladies.  I'm looking at you V. (and Va).  (and Mite)  (and SideShow) (and JL) (and Linnea) (and Alucia).
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: arkabee on August 27, 2004, 01:29:29 pm
PS WOMBAT YOUR DOG IS VERY WEE AND CUTE.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: AugustWest on August 27, 2004, 01:30:33 pm
Quote from: "Mercury"
The black/pink-headed girl in the gray Todd shirt is Liz from Freezepop, yeah, and I'm going to go ahead and guess that, since the band is all in love with Achewood and similarly vice versa, the "Sean" who took the pictures is also in the band as well (he plays Casio).


I'm sorry, but that kind of sucks.  Actually, it sucks nine ways from Sunday for Onstad to give the grand prize to his buddies in the band he plugs.

FIX! FIX!

This in no way changes my opinion that chicks in the rigged contest winning pictures are hot.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: Va on August 27, 2004, 01:54:00 pm
In any sort of contest, hot chicks always win, even if they don't participate.  This is one of the fundamental truths of the universe.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: CortJstr on August 27, 2004, 02:41:20 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'm sorry, but that kind of sucks.  Actually, it sucks nine ways from Sunday for Onstad to give the grand prize to his buddies in the band he plugs.

FIX! FIX!


Quote from: "The Judge"
I know Sean, he's a friend of mine. I can't in good conscience let him compete for the advertised prizes; yet I can't in good conscience not give Sean's photo set top honors. Sean, we'll work something out. I have some ideas.


[edit: New rank, bitches! w00t!]
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: AugustWest on August 27, 2004, 02:53:52 pm
After being so thoroughly and definitively CJ'ed all I can add is another...

WOOT.  A big ol' WOOT.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: andalucia on August 27, 2004, 03:23:50 pm
Quote from: "Va"
In any sort of contest, hot chicks always win, even if they don't participate.  This is one of the fundamental truths of the universe.


I'll join this bandwagon: you=rad.

And wombat, I am very glad to know that in real life your dog does not have EXACTLY THE SAME NAME AS ME.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: ferocious j on August 27, 2004, 06:58:47 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Is that our Ferocious J in front of the bridge in the new photos?  I thought he spelled it Jon, but since my dog spells her name Lilly with two L's I'm thinking Onstad is not a stickler for this kind of detail.

That is indeed me!  And I do spell it without an H, but I'm not keeping score or anything.  I like your dog!
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: V-Adore on August 27, 2004, 07:01:26 pm
Yeah, I have to agree that it's kind of lame that the Freezepop Girls win again, even if I can sort of see why. I still think Internet Miles was robbed, though.

Also, FeroJ and Wombat: AWESOME. You guys rule, and Lilly is very cute. (I suspect FeroJ got DQ'd for not actually showing his shirt, but it's an awesome pic nonetheless.)
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: ferocious j on August 27, 2004, 07:03:05 pm
Well, in the "big" version, you can totally tell that's a Science shirt.  I did not, however, sport a hand-lettered sign, and let's face it, hand-lettered signs are for winners!  And hobos.  But also winners.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: V-Adore on August 27, 2004, 07:09:18 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Well, in the "big" version, you can totally tell that's a Science shirt.  I did not, however, sport a hand-lettered sign, and let's face it, hand-lettered signs are for winners!  And hobos.  But also winners.

Ohhh, right, you can... click... on links... to see large, non-cropped versions of the photos...

Man, I frickin' lose at the Internet.

Anyway, now it is an even more awesome photo, especially since those red-and-black baseball-T shirts are pretty good-looking on men.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on August 27, 2004, 07:15:11 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"


I like your dog!


I thought you hated pugs!

You should have won.  Yours is clearly the raddest picture there.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: ferocious j on August 27, 2004, 08:33:03 pm
I dare someone to do that, and I may put it up on the Dogblog!  (check the latest update for the guest page thingy)

It's true that while I don't think pugs are at all cute or useful, Lilly looks like a nice dog!
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: arlucasinc on August 27, 2004, 09:37:06 pm
That's my friend Natasha with the Naked Cowboy!!!

Pittsburgh represent!

412, Bitches!

Heh. Sorry.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on August 28, 2004, 01:02:46 am
Quote from: "Asherdan"
If only the two pictures could be combined to have Lilly Pug in shirt in front of the Golden Gate it would be the bestest.



Well, the pug and I are working on getting a job in California... I'll have to add this to our West Coast dream plans.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: TALKYdude on August 28, 2004, 01:05:37 am
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Quote from: "wombat"
Is that our Ferocious J in front of the bridge in the new photos?  I thought he spelled it Jon, but since my dog spells her name Lilly with two L's I'm thinking Onstad is not a stickler for this kind of detail.

That is indeed me!  And I do spell it without an H, but I'm not keeping score or anything.  I like your dog!
Looks like Chris fixed it!
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on August 28, 2004, 01:17:26 am
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
Looks like Chris fixed it!


I am kind of weirded out by this.  Had I finally come to believe it when he says that he doesn't read the messageboard?  Now I have this strange feeling like someone is looking over my shoulder.

PS: When it comes to men standing in front of the Golden Gate Bridge, FeroJ is totally hotter than stupid Miles Strange-Ear.  And I don't say this because I am tickled by the fact that the proprietor of the awesome Dogblog likes my pug above all others.  Not entirely anyway.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: TALKYdude on August 28, 2004, 01:22:42 am
I'm straight and male, but even I can tell that FJ is more attractive than Pasted-on Ear Man.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: ferocious j on August 30, 2004, 06:54:51 pm
Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "TALKYdude"
Looks like Chris fixed it!


I am kind of weirded out by this.  Had I finally come to believe it when he says that he doesn't read the messageboard?  Now I have this strange feeling like someone is looking over my shoulder.

Oh, that!  I emailed him, actually, because uh ... I'm picky or somethin'.

Thank you all for your continued awesome.
Title: Photo Contest
Post by: wombat on August 30, 2004, 08:07:52 pm
Quote from: "ferocious j"
Oh, that!  I emailed him, actually, because uh ... I'm picky or somethin'.



That's a relief.  After all, I would hate to be posting stuff on an Internet messageboard and have to think that all kinds of people were, like, reading it, wouldn't I...