The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: satchel on August 08, 2003, 07:04:33 pm

Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: satchel on August 08, 2003, 07:04:33 pm
In the strip Todd’s license plate frame (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04292002), is “Suckin’ Dick” a used car dealer or the act of fellatio? I always thought it was a verb-object combo, but now I wonder if it’s a name.

Maybe it’s supposed to be ambiguous (ambiguty is my secondmost favorite characteristic of Achewood).
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: V-Adore on August 08, 2003, 07:09:57 pm
If it's a name, that could also imply that Suckin' Dick was some kind of nickname of Todd's.

Disturbing... but with the state of squirrel culture in Achewood, entirely possible.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: slink on August 08, 2003, 07:11:37 pm
I thought the point was it was an unnoticed (due to his illiteracy) involuntary nickname of Todd's, given to him by the car dealer, who in some way he pissed off. I guess maybe he like, vomited in the guys coffee or something. You know that Todd. Or maybe he boned the guys daughter without realising it.
Perhaps.... both!
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: AugustWest on August 08, 2003, 07:16:17 pm
I think you're overthinking, but weird idea anyhow.  "Suckin' Dick" is the name of the car dealer, kinda like "Crazy Eddie".  It would make for some wacky advertising campaigns.


Nobody walks away from Suckin' Dicks!

Get a free trip to Disney World with a test drive at Suckin' Dicks!

Suckin' Dicks: We finance everybody!

Suckin' Dicks: Buy here, pay here.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: yahnai on August 08, 2003, 07:18:39 pm
Obviously, the previous owner of the van (or was it Todd?) sucked dick to pay for the van.  He's a man-whore.  Or a squirrel-whore, as the case may be.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: jough on August 08, 2003, 07:21:32 pm
Yeah, the previous owner sucked dick to buy the van, and then put that licence plate holder on it.

Todd bought the van and never thought to take off the old holder, because he's illiterate.

Is this really that hard to understand?
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: V-Adore on August 08, 2003, 07:24:52 pm
Nah, but if you can't use this board to kick around blatantly insane Achewood conspiracy theories, what is it good for? (... okay, besides rational discussion. Work with me here.)

That said... the idea that the original owner put the license plate holder on personally, to show how s/he got the van, is weird and intriguing -- I'd always assumed it was a direct prank on Todd. Was this previous owner proud of having bought the van through suckin' dick? Did they get compliments on it?

"Hey, couldn't help but notice that suckin' dick bought you that van. Nicely done." "Thanks; it was nothing, really..."
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: jough on August 08, 2003, 07:28:20 pm
I've thought of that, too.  When I first read it I thought it was a joke on Todd, because who would be proud of their hard cock-sucking work (as opposed to hard-cock-sucking work)?

"You like that?  Do you have any idea how much dick I had to suck to buy that van?  Vans are expensive - so I assure you, it was a lot.  Say.... do you have $20?"

I made up the $20 because I have no idea what getting one's dick sucked costs (usually about two dates, dinners, and/or movies - but I digress).
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: V-Adore on August 08, 2003, 07:33:22 pm
Quote from: "jough"
"You like that? Do you have any idea how much dick I had to suck to buy that van? Vans are expensive - so I assure you, it was a lot. Say.... do you have $20?"

This is also true. I too have no idea on the going rate of dick-sucking these days, especially among squirrels, but being able to buy a van purely on dick-sucking revenue is an impressive display of work ethic.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: jay-ell on August 08, 2003, 08:17:58 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"

That said... the idea that the original owner put the license plate holder on personally, to show how s/he got the van, is weird and intriguing..."


Isn't Todd's van a Barbie van?  

That would seem to explain it.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: CortJstr on August 08, 2003, 08:42:54 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Was this previous owner proud of having bought the van through suckin' dick? Did they get compliments on it?


I dunno, I've seem some weird plate holders and stickers out there. It people will put "Starfleet Academy", "Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted", or "Anime: Crack Would Be Cheaper" stickers on their vehicles this doesn't seem so far-fetched.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: V-Adore on August 08, 2003, 08:45:29 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Quote from: "V-Adore"

That said... the idea that the original owner put the license plate holder on personally, to show how s/he got the van, is weird and intriguing..."


Isn't Todd's van a Barbie van?  

That would seem to explain it.

Shouldn't that be "Bein' Posed By a 13-Year-Old Girl Such That I Would Be Suckin' Dick If Ken Didn't Have Molded-On Underwear Bought This Van," then?
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: jay-ell on August 08, 2003, 08:45:45 pm
Let's not forget the strange-but-true vanity plate I posted about on Dumbrella half a year ago:

ANUSTART

Some people have no shame.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: V-Adore on August 08, 2003, 08:47:15 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"

ANUSTART

Some people do have no shame. Or at least no ability to proofread their vanity plates.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: jay-ell on August 08, 2003, 08:47:55 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Shouldn't that be "Bein' Posed By a 13-Year-Old Girl Such That I Would Be Suckin' Dick If Ken Didn't Have Molded-On Underwear Bought This Van," then?


If the stuffed animals are alive, couldn't Barbie be running around in a tube top and jeans so tight you can see the outline of the condom in her back pocket?  

I mean, it could happen.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: V-Adore on August 08, 2003, 08:50:34 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"

If the stuffed animals are alive, couldn't Barbie be running around in a tube top and jeans so tight you can see the outline of the condom in her back pocket?  

I mean, it could happen.

It could. And I'm sure she'd be buying the condoms from the same place that Molly gets hers.

(Not that Ken needs that size, but... he likes to think that Barbie thinks he needs that size, you know?)
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: pmcd9 on August 09, 2003, 07:59:11 am
My thought is the van used to belong to a Porno star mom who's child has reached the age where he/she is embarrased by Mom's occupation.  In a fit of rage she retaliates at the ungrateful child.  "Yeah I suck dicks in pornos, it's what I had to do to support this family.  Everything we have we owe to suckin' dicks.  Suckin' Dicks bought this van that's driving you to the mall."  The plate holder was given the next Christmas by a child who now understands how things work and is proud of his Mothers devotion to her craft.  Or maybe, it's a single mom having a talk about the facts of life with her teenaged daughter.  "You might find it distasteful at first, but you'll see that men are very grateful to girls that will go down.  In fact, suckin' dicks bought this van."

I think the plate holder was put on by someone who was proud of the fact they were such successful blowjob artist.  They would probably be upset they left it behind when they sold the van if they didn't now have a "buttfuckin' bought this vette" plate holder.

~Paul
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: captainimpossibles on August 09, 2003, 04:51:09 pm
You have issues, sir.
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: Nabubrush on August 10, 2003, 02:57:30 am
I didn't understand the original point: if it was a used car dealer's name, wouldn't it be "Suckin' Dick sold this van"?
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: V-Adore on August 10, 2003, 04:21:13 am
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I didn't understand the original point: if it was a used car dealer's name, wouldn't it be "Suckin' Dick sold this van"?

Well, presumably a used-car dealer would have had to buy it off of the original owner, at least...

But point taken. It should at least say in that case "Suckin' Dick first bought this van and then resold it at a profit."
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: pmcd9 on August 10, 2003, 04:24:37 am
Suckin' Dicks is not the name of a used car dealer.  Sometimes a blowjob is just a blowjob.

~Paul
Title: Who/what bought this van?
Post by: Choop on August 12, 2003, 02:58:56 am
People. People! PEOPLE!

Todd can't read. He was looking for a license plate frame simply for the fact that no van is complete without one, and found one with matching colors.

How obvious does it have to be?