The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Limmo on August 29, 2004, 04:22:42 pm

Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Limmo on August 29, 2004, 04:22:42 pm
I don't know which would flip me out more: if the toilet started speaking to me spontaneously, or if an alive stuffed otter was underneath it doing the talking.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: CortJstr on August 29, 2004, 05:02:05 pm
Does Mr. Bear ever (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01232002) get to poop in peace? Dang, people.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: sjlimmer on August 29, 2004, 05:05:07 pm
Does Phillipe think that the Cadillac sale counts as a top news story, or a paid ad?
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: St_Zartan on August 29, 2004, 05:16:19 pm
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Does Phillipe think that the Cadillac sale counts as a top news story, or a paid ad?


Philippe, bless his alive stuffed heart, probably believes that anything with a large typeface, lots of exclamation points, and a large proportion of the printed page is a top news story.

And it's Cadillacs.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: wombat on August 29, 2004, 05:30:07 pm
I love Philippe so hard.  That's all I have to say.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: andalucia on August 29, 2004, 05:34:40 pm
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
alive stuffed heart


...eeew.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: miles on August 29, 2004, 06:28:00 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does Mr. Bear ever get to poop in peace? Dang, people.


Mr. Jstr,

I was waving the arrow over "ever" or "in peace" for a link to a previous strip.  Where was it??  Where's the link?
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: CortJstr on August 29, 2004, 06:46:47 pm
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does Mr. Bear ever (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01232002) get to poop in peace? Dang, people.

Mr. Jstr,

I was waving the arrow over "ever" or "in peace" for a link to a previous strip.  Where was it??  Where's the link?

Corrected.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Mantonio on August 29, 2004, 07:12:45 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Does Mr. Bear ever (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01232002) get to poop in peace? Dang, people.

Mr. Jstr,

I was waving the arrow over "ever" or "in peace" for a link to a previous strip.  Where was it??  Where's the link?

Corrected.


Man, hasn't anyone tried to teach Philippe the concept of privacy?  Is he one of those little kids that goes to the bathroom with the door open*?

*I was one of those kids
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: V-Adore on August 29, 2004, 07:35:51 pm
It's strange -- Philippe seems to be self-conscious about his own toilette (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04252003) but blithely uncaring about the privacy of others, or at least Mr. Bear. Very, very strange.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Mantonio on August 30, 2004, 03:10:28 pm
This strip actually reminds me of a game me and my sister used to play when we were kids called "poop-hole".  (Don't worry, it's not nearly as gross as it sounds - nothing German about it at all.)  

Poop-hole involved gathering our stuffed animals and other various toys together in the bathtub (drained and dry, of course.)  In the game, though, the bathtub wasn't a bathtub - it was a big old butt-crack.  After the toys had been deposited (or should I say supposited, we'd sit around for a bit until one of use gave the "signal," which was a repetitive grunting sound which signified that a poop was ready to emerge from the butt.  Now we had to rescue the toys and make sure they made it safely out of the bathroom, through the hall and into the living room before they could be overtaken by the giant imaginary turd.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 30, 2004, 03:38:19 pm
No, not quite as gross as it sounds, but still too goddamned much information
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: CortJstr on August 30, 2004, 03:58:56 pm
::backs away slowly from Mantonio::
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Steve Hogan on August 30, 2004, 04:04:19 pm
Perhaps the Dutch were inspired by old Crumb cartoons.

(http://www.gudlyf.com/gudlyf/media/tommy_toilet.jpg)
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: side_show on August 30, 2004, 04:53:06 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
This strip actually reminds me of a game me and my sister used to play when we were kids called "poop-hole".  (Don't worry, it's not nearly as gross as it sounds - nothing German about it at all.)  


No, nothing gross, just really, really bizarre.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Mantonio on August 30, 2004, 05:37:43 pm
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
This strip actually reminds me of a game me and my sister used to play when we were kids called "poop-hole".  (Don't worry, it's not nearly as gross as it sounds - nothing German about it at all.)  


No, nothing gross, just really, really bizarre.


True dat.  Well, I was a lot like Philippe when I was a youngster, all having an active imagination about bizzare stuff, all wishing the pets could talk, all wishing the the stuffed animals would come to life for real.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: V-Adore on August 30, 2004, 06:08:34 pm
Man, what the HELL was that, Mantonio.

Also, it terrifies me to say this, but that Crumb drawing is not the first anthropomorphic toilet I've ever seen. (I hesitate to link, though, since this was a tad strange even for this thread.)
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: TALKYdude on August 30, 2004, 06:50:35 pm
Oh come on V-Adore.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: V-Adore on August 30, 2004, 07:05:13 pm
All right, fine. (http://www.deviantart.com/view/8417110/)
(WARNING: not work-safe, even though it's not technically porn. I think. Generally unsafe for most people. Please don't ask me what the crap this is.)
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: andalucia on August 30, 2004, 07:23:13 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
it's not technically porn. I think.


That is probably the most apt description of........... that.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: TALKYdude on August 30, 2004, 07:55:18 pm
Oh my. That is just so strange. I think my brain stretched a little, I feel a tingle. Damn. I probably shouldn't have been listening to the song Kid A while trying to wrap my mind around that...I think I broke my brain. "deviantart" is a very appropriate URL.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: side_show on August 30, 2004, 07:57:49 pm
Flashback to my Theatre Aesthetics class, where my very proper and polite prof, and also the head of the department, dives into a legitimate discussion of a performance artist in New York who was famous for intentionally distressing and alienating her audience.  He explaines that in her most famous performance she took a shit into her own boots in front of an audience, smeared shit on her naked body, etc.  He is talking about this as calmly as he talks about Aristotle, using a tone that in no way belies the (to say the least) subversive nature that this image prevokes.  He then says "we'll take a look at her work, oh, um I mean, we'll take a look at an article that discusses her work, later in the class."

God, I miss school sometimes.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Steve Hogan on August 30, 2004, 08:33:04 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
All right, fine. (http://www.deviantart.com/view/8417110/)
(WARNING: not work-safe, even though it's not technically porn. I think. Generally unsafe for most people. Please don't ask me what the crap this is.)


I don't know what's more disturbing, the picture itself or all the horny comments posted below it.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: xzqx on August 30, 2004, 08:38:17 pm
Hi I just registered so I could reply to Mantonio's comment about the poop-hole game. It is so wonderful! I love dumb games we came up with as children, and that's like the most awesomest I've heard in a while.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: V-Adore on August 30, 2004, 08:42:02 pm
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
All right, fine. (http://www.deviantart.com/view/8417110/)
(WARNING: not work-safe, even though it's not technically porn. I think. Generally unsafe for most people. Please don't ask me what the crap this is.)


I don't know what's more disturbing, the picture itself or all the horny comments posted below it.

Yeah, I think that's what really got me -- you have horny comments, and you have "omg so cute nice work!" generic non-feedback, but you have a remarkable dearth of people who seem to think this is even strange, let alone of dubious quality. (I don't recall any, actually; I may be wrong. Then again, I'm not going back to look again. Sheesh.)
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Mantonio on August 30, 2004, 09:11:51 pm
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
All right, fine. (http://www.deviantart.com/view/8417110/)
(WARNING: not work-safe, even though it's not technically porn. I think. Generally unsafe for most people. Please don't ask me what the crap this is.)


I don't know what's more disturbing, the picture itself or all the horny comments posted below it.

Yeah, I think that's what really got me -- you have horny comments, and you have "omg so cute nice work!" generic non-feedback, but you have a remarkable dearth of people who seem to think this is even strange, let alone of dubious quality. (I don't recall any, actually; I may be wrong. Then again, I'm not going back to look again. Sheesh.)


I didn't get as far as the "horny" comments, cause that is just, just disturbing.  Not that my little reminicence earlier today wasn't, but this is disturbing in a visual manner.  Toilet Taco indeed.  I for one will never be horny again after looking at that.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: Mantonio on August 30, 2004, 09:15:38 pm
Quote from: "xzqx"
Hi I just registered so I could reply to Mantonio's comment about the poop-hole game. It is so wonderful! I love dumb games we came up with as children, and that's like the most awesomest I've heard in a while.


Dang, I stone cold influenced someone today.  Whether that's a good thing I leave for y'all to decide.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: side_show on August 30, 2004, 09:22:12 pm
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "xzqx"
Hi I just registered so I could reply to Mantonio's comment about the poop-hole game. It is so wonderful! I love dumb games we came up with as children, and that's like the most awesomest I've heard in a while.


Dang, I stone cold influenced someone today.  Whether that's a good thing I leave for y'all to decide.


Welcome xzqx, although Mantonio, never mind Mantonio telling a story about a poop-hole game, influencing anyone to do anything scares me at this point.
Title: I am the toilet! (August 30)
Post by: sailor on August 31, 2004, 07:06:57 am
Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "xzqx"
Hi I just registered so I could reply to Mantonio's comment about the poop-hole game. It is so wonderful! I love dumb games we came up with as children, and that's like the most awesomest I've heard in a while.


Dang, I stone cold influenced someone today.  Whether that's a good thing I leave for y'all to decide.


Welcome xzqx, although Mantonio, never mind Mantonio telling a story about a poop-hole game, influencing anyone to do anything scares me at this point.


is "xzqx" meaning a stright edge thing or just some typing?
(i am not, and nver will be straight edge.)

but poop is. poop doesn't ever do drugs unless you put drugs in yr poop.